• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

is it like a missionary? or like a spy mission?

Why not both?

No way MSG 01 have better animation than SDF 01, you must be drunk or something

Well, I think it is, but I'm willing to allow that SDF's first episode is better and the quality of the video is what's happening, but I dunno, MSG looks pretty dang good for a show that's older than me.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 25

Woah woah new stock footage and a new ED, cuh-razy.

Utena ED 2 is inferior to ED 1.

fertygo

Well, I think it is, but I'm willing to allow that SDF's first episode is better and the quality of the video is what's happening, but I dunno, MSG looks pretty dang good for a show that's older than me.

I mean didn't the eps 1 have that crazy iconic min may falling from sky and Hikaru unit crashing to few building animation/sakuga?

MSG didn't have something like those.

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Haha, that reminds me that I used to go as Solid Snake as a username years ago.

Will you be making peace closer? Good luck or something duder!

Thanks!

is it like a missionary? or like a spy mission?

BOTH MUAHAHA corvo knows

Ah I thought you were in trouble for watching too much or something.

It isn't over though! In 2 years there will be a ton of new
crappy harem
shows for you to watch! Think of it like a video taking 2 years to load.

Unless you aren't coming back. >.>

I am coming back, for sure. At least, if GAF is still around and hasn't been replaced by Neo2GAF

Lol I'll make a proper goodbye post before I leave, so you guys don't need to say anything yet (;

yami4ct

Gundam Build Fighters 02

Man, dat animation! Story is still laughably stereotypical, but it's completely saved by the amazing gundam fights and charming characters. Also, this episode had a SUMO so it automatically is amazing. Just some of the most fun I'm having watching anime right now. Only real complaint is having a Strike variant as a main suit yet again. I don't hate the design, but I wish it would die.

CorvoSol

I mean didn't the eps 1 have that crazy iconic min may falling from sky and Hikaru unit crashing to few building animation/sakuga?

MSG didn't have something like those.

I don't remember anything cool falling, though there was crashing through buildings, but MSG's first episode definitely had that.

My man. Truth is godlike. The other one is kind of a mess and even a bit unpleasant to listen to.

Yes indeedy. Truth is so good. Song is like tied in my brain to how great the show is.

I... like Virtual Star Embryology.

It is okay to like inferior things.

We should upgrade it to |OT Air|

I want Turn-A OT

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Of course, I'm a fan of a lot of the J.A. Ceaser stuff on the soundtrack, Arc 2+ duel themes moreso than Arc 1 (but the start of Angelic Creation, Namely Light is just perfect for Juri's total animosity toward Utena).

Truth is great, but I dunno, Virtual Star Embryology is more Utena to me.

Vecks

Hunter x Hunter 24 - 38
I'm still not caring for Hunter x Hunter much. I realized I've laughed more times than I've been amped for a good fight. The characters are good and interesting and there are plenty of damn funny moments. But I just now hit the setup for the show. I know Gon has mentioned it a few times, but it was finally laid out in full
when Gon and Killua listen to the tape of Gon's father. However, I hate hate hated Gon stopping the tape before his father spoke about his mother. It's annoying because you KNOW that shit is going to become important later.
The bad thing is I'm not interested in Gon finding him. Why? Because Gon is so damn nonchalant about it. Even his dad is.

Hunter x Hunter hasn't hit me with a good moment of heart yet. At minimum though, I'd hope for a good fight to keep me going. But not in Hunter x Hunter. There are waaay too many fights with poor fight animation, where a character moves quickly and we get the "woosh" lines in the background. At least the
Hisoka vs. Gon fight in the arena
was good. Great animation. Great choreography. It's the only reason I've continued with the show and not dropped it. It gave me a glimpse that the action in the show can be good. As long as the good keeps coming, it'll distract me from the minor gripes. Such as the fact that since Nen was introduced, it has been mentioned by every single person in every damn episode. It's become the key word of the show. I'm not saying it isn't an interesting concept for the world, but we don't need it mentioned every damn second.

Rambling over. We're about to hit Yorknew. At this point I'm so far in that unless something god awful happens, I'm just going to keep going.

In my opinion, next arc is when HxH gets amazing. Everything up until then is just establishing characters/building the world/teaching about nen. Now it's the real stuff.

wonzo

Banned
let us ride onto the next ot

makainoossan98.png

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 26

Whaaaaaaaaaaat.
Wh-why was Anthy with Miki's father as his new wife.

Also Kozue kissed Anthy I guess? So that was a thing.
These battles are getting weirder.

"Hey, we don't know if we can trust End of The World or not, we don't know who it is." That's... that's less reason to trust him. Are you stupid.

Nanami episode next time. I am ready.

Also sexy car time is a repeating element. Good.

yami4ct

Kill la Kill 05

Ok, I think that's the first episode of the show I really enjoyed all the way through. All the stuff I personally like about the series finally coalesced into a single whole, and it was pretty amazing. They downplayed the fan service and hit-or-miss humor and really honed in on the characters and interesting world. I love the new guy and what he brings to the table. I also think this is the first episode where the fight fully utilized the sheer style of the show. The sort of nifty, kind of underhanded way the new character fights is really fun to watch and brings a great dynamic to the fights that I think the first few episodes were missing. There was also the excellent use of music. The orchestral version of "Don't Lose your Way" I think is the closest Sawano has come to his masterpiece that is the Gundam Unicorn OST and gives me some hope that that greatness still lies within him.

I don't think I'm ever going be as hyped as most seemed to be on this show. Given my lukewarm reaction to this and Gurren Lagann and my kind of distain of P&S, aside from his great visual sense, I just don't think I really click with the way Imaishi does things. His ADHD pacing and sense of humor just doesn't jive with the stories I want from my series. I still will watch and enjoy KlK for the sheer style and interesting world, but I don't think I'll ever love it as much as most.

One other thing, I'm loving the way they're developing the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu. It's quite different from the norm. It's a dynamic I'm interesting to see develop as we go on. Their continued interactions are something I'm really looking forward to seeing as the show goes forward.

Hunter x Hunter 24 - 38
I'm still not caring for Hunter x Hunter much. I realized I've laughed more times than I've been amped for a good fight. The characters are good and interesting and there are plenty of damn funny moments. But I just now hit the setup for the show. I know Gon has mentioned it a few times, but it was finally laid out in full
when Gon and Killua listen to the tape of Gon's father. However, I hate hate hated Gon stopping the tape before his father spoke about his mother. It's annoying because you KNOW that shit is going to become important later.
The bad thing is I'm not interested in Gon finding him. Why? Because Gon is so damn nonchalant about it. Even his dad is.

Hunter x Hunter hasn't hit me with a good moment of heart yet. At minimum though, I'd hope for a good fight to keep me going. But not in Hunter x Hunter. There are waaay too many fights with poor fight animation, where a character moves quickly and we get the "woosh" lines in the background. At least the
Hisoka vs. Gon fight in the arena
was good. Great animation. Great choreography. It's the only reason I've continued with the show and not dropped it. It gave me a glimpse that the action in the show can be good. As long as the good keeps coming, it'll distract me from the minor gripes. Such as the fact that since Nen was introduced, it has been mentioned by every single person in every damn episode. It's become the key word of the show. I'm not saying it isn't an interesting concept for the world, but we don't need it mentioned every damn second.

Rambling over. We're about to hit Yorknew. At this point I'm so far in that unless something god awful happens, I'm just going to keep going.

The fights tend to be more interesting from here on out. You get a lot more interesting Nen users and techniques, although the Yorknew City arc isn't really about the fights (there aren't very many in it, IIRC). The best fights are probably in the Chimera Ant arc, but the plot isn't as good as the Yorknew City arc (although the idea of the Chimera Ants themselves is great). Greed Island has some interesting stuff going on, but I'm pretty sure most people think it's one of the weaker arcs.

CorvoSol

Blood-C 5

AH HA HA HA HA HA

HOLY SHIT.

Okay, okay, caught my breath, but seriously, thank you all for keeping your damn mouths shut and not hyping this up like you did Madoka 3. Like for reals, that last minute I could not stop laughing. Oh my God that came right out of left field, bwahahahaha.

It was an awesome episode prior to that. The fight scene was pretty damn cool, and
spearing the eyeball head with her hand
was so, so vicious. I really kind of feel that Saya has at least two personalities going, though: Doofy regular Saya and Red-Eyed Boss Mode Saya.

Hahahahaha,
"If anything bad were going to happen, it would happen to me!" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM GIANT BLUE TICK MONSTA BITCHES!!! IN THA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWZ!

yami4ct

Blood-C 5

AH HA HA HA HA HA

HOLY SHIT.

Okay, okay, caught my breath, but seriously, thank you all for keeping your damn mouths shut and not hyping this up like you did Madoka 3. Like for reals, that last minute I could not stop laughing. Oh my God that came right out of left field, bwahahahaha.

It was an awesome episode prior to that. The fight scene was pretty damn cool, and
was so, so vicious. I really kind of feel that Saya has at least two personalities going, though: Doofy regular Saya and Red-Eyed Boss Mode Saya.

Hahahahaha,
"If anything bad were going to happen, it would happen to me!" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM GIANT BLUE TICK MONSTA BITCHES!!! IN THA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWZ!

Man, I won't hype any specific moments so you don't get spoiled, but you ain't seen nothin' yet. I unabashedly love Blood-C. I went into it as a "list" show and ended up unironically loving it. It's super dumb, but it does it in a way that's so well executed that it doesn't end up mattering.

cajunator

Banned
Blood-C 5

AH HA HA HA HA HA

HOLY SHIT.

Hahahahaha,

Juuuuuust you wait Raven. This show has glorious things in store for you!

CorvoSol

Man, I won't hype any specific moments so you don't get spoiled, but you ain't seen nothin' yet. I unabashedly love Blood-C. I went into it as a "list" show and ended up unironically loving it. It's super dumb, but it does it in a way that's so well executed that it doesn't end up mattering.

Show is certainly entertaining, I will give it that.

• Code Geass 20
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

I've never heard Nagasaki pronounced like that, with the emphasis on the GAsaki. Is that really the proper way of saying it?

Prince Clovis's presence on this show
even though he's dead just keeps telling me that his story isn't even close to being over.

You know, I like crying characters just as much as any other animu guy, but Nina just cries too much. That's not a character flaw, it's just become her entire character.

"The power of flight only lasts for five minutes, Pit -- I mean Suzaku"

Stop apologizing for yourself Nina, nobody likes a pity party. At least Princess Nia Teppelin is awesome enough to learn anyway.

I HEREBY COMMAND YOU TO LOVE ME

don't even need a geass for that

oh my gosh CC to the rescue AGAIN??

hlFvufi.png

do you love me suzaku

It isn't wrong for me to like cliche knight & princess romances, right

cajunator

Banned
Areweback.jpg?

By gateway you mean the show that got you to watch other shows?

Angel Beats kinda did that for me too. Iiria, iczelion, and was stuck in a rewatch loop of FMP, FMA, and Shakugan no Shana before I picked up Angel Beats late January. It's been new show after new show since.

tumblr_ma0bq2N0Bz1qhfqwv.gif

Im not a fan of SAO at all whatsoever but Angel Beats, thats the stuff. my gateway shows were vhs ovas from adv. Stuff like nukunuku, burn up w, Iczelion, gunsmith cats

Acchi Kocchi 2-3
A long time ago I originally watched at least half of the series. I forgot about it so now I started to pick it up again. Very cute, especially Tsumiki

Gazoinks

Revolutionary Girl Utena 27
screenshot1482eeeb.png

I am stepdancing with shame!

This was the funniest Nanami episode so far. It was also... strangely sweet.

Touga
thinking Nanami is a lesbian and reprimanding her
was great.

"Why do you think we've been so happy together? It's because you're a girl that doesn't lay eggs."
That's... an awfully specific reason, Touga.

• Code Geass 21
I love that the name of the drug is Refrain. It's just the right amount of cool for a street drug.

I just realized how much this show reminds me of Fire Emblem, with all the recruiting of EVERYBODY.

Isn't Euphie related to Lelouch as his half-sister or something...? ...Well it's already super weird with Nunnally in the first place saying what she just said.

"Festivals are necessary!" Even more VVV in this show.

"AH! Pizza." CC best girl confirmed...(?)

Stop being so melodramatic Ledouche. Or I guess that's too much to ask.

Shergal

KlK 6 was really nice. Somehow the music felt... better this time? Maybe it was just direction, but it was much more noticeable and on point.
The animation too, was at least better distributed throughout the episode and coupled with above average drawings for the show.

Actually major spoilers for the ep (if they shouldn't be here just tell me)
It's cool that they just have Ryuuko lose and end the episode at that. Not in a cliffhanger, just as a good way to close the little episodic 'arc' for Uzu without muddling the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom