• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Full slate for Sentai Filmworks' March releases is up:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sent...-official-march-2014-releases/753006731393108
Myself;Yourself (DVD, sub only) (okay, technically this is from Maiden Japan, but it's all Section23 anyway)
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water Complete Collection (BD and DVD)
Sakurasou Part 2 (BD and DVD, sub only)
To-Love Ru S1 (new BD rerelease, sub only)
Upotte! (BD and DVD)
Mardock Scramble The Third Exhaust (BD and DVD)
Maria Holic Alive! (new rerelease on BD and DVD with dub)

Your Amazon.co.uk order of "Perfect Blue - Collectors..." has been dispatched

Hey, it happened. I just received Patlabor: The Early Days as well, and Anime Ltd. are working on a trailer for the TTGL BD. I'll enjoy these fleeting feelings of positivity towards the UK anime industry.

Unbreakable Machine Doll 8
Now back to slightly more sane shows. Pretty cool fight. Yaya is still awesome and that confession was golden.

duckroll

Samurai Flamenco Ep9 screens: http://www.samumenco.com/story/

Itshappening.jpg

AmYt9NT.jpg
gcPot3U.jpg

ZVH3jA0.jpg
lfR1i81.jpg

bHGkK4q.jpg
jIwoQ6V.jpg

fertygo

Macross Frontier- The Wings of Goodbye

Valkyriaaaaaaa :)
That shit are so hype, Man, you're right.. dat frigging climax, dat concert

Glad you giving these a shot, because I think despite what the TV Show pulling, these movie succeeded at front that you wanted see from macross : dogfight, music, and romance.

Jarmel

Banned
Valkyriaaaaaaa :)
That shit are so hype, Man, you're right.. dat frigging climax, dat concert

Glad you giving these a shot, because I think despite what the TV Show pulling, these movie succeeded at front that you wanted see from macross : dogfight, music, and romance.

The Brera vs Alto dogfight is insane.

ibwu1vcs4YiCE5.gif

Like I didn't even capture half the fight with this gif.

Articalys

Sales from last week:
Code:
2013 11/18~11/24 Anime BD List
*2 (**3)	---	24,352	24,352	**1	Shingeki no Kyojin v5
*3 (**8)	---	*4,739	*4,739	**1	Kidou Senshi Gundam W BD Box v1
*4 (*12)	---	*2,641	*2,641	**1	Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince v6
*5 (*16)	---	*1,964	*1,964	**1	Karneval v7
*6 (*17)	---	*1,714	*1,714	**1	Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig BD Box Special Edition
*7 (*20)	---	*1,521	*1,521	**1	Rozen Maiden v4
*8 (***)	---	*1,407	*1,407	**1	Kimi ni Iru Machi v3
*9 (***)	---	*1,345	*1,345	**1	Uchouten Kazoku v3
10 (***)	---	*1,200	*1,200	**1	Devil Survivor the Animation v6
Code:
2013 11/18~11/24 Anime DVD List
*1 (**4)	---	9,874	*,**9,874	**1	Shingeki no Kyojin v5
*3 (*22)	---	1,627	*,**1,627	**1	Kimi ni Iru Machi v3
*4 (*38)	*32	1,154	1,223,464	622	My Neighbor Totoro
*5 (*40)	---	1,106	*,**1,106	**1	Karneval v7
10 (***)	---	*,805	*,***,805	**1	Lupin III vs Detective Conan (special price version)
11 (***)	---	*,679	*,***,679	**1	Senyuu. season 2 v2
13 (***)	---	*,648	*,***,648	**1	Devil Survivor the Animation v6
15 (***)	*69	*,593	*,522,805	568	Kiki's Delivery Service
19 (***)	---	*,511	*,365,613	371	Princess Mononoke
20 (***)	---	*,499	*,***,499	**1	Makai Ouji devils and realist v3
21 (***)	*89	*,497	2,393,730	433	Spirited Away
23 (***)	*55	*,449	*,*65,094	*20	ONE PIECE Film Z LE
24 (***)	*15	*,447	*,*13,118	**3	Free! v3
27 (***)	---	*,407	*,***,407	**1	Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince v6
28 (***)	---	*,401	*,***,401	**1	Hakkenden -Touhou Hakken Ibun- v9
Not a whole lot going on, but there's a TON of things releasing this week (including Hidamari). Coppelion will be the only new show from Fall though.

Only one real note for now:
- Karneval final series average -- 4,761 over 7 volumes, which something wryly notes is "Manglobe's best averaging show by a good margin" even if it's sub-5000.

Syrinx

Really anxious to see the next Samumenco. Really want to see how the show follows up on that ending. Didn't want to look at the screens but I did catch that
Flamenco Girl joins the crazy fray (I think)
, which should be awesome

Yozakura Quartet 08

Fantastic episode. This is the point I like the manga more as it starts giving Akina more importance in the world from here on out. The ending pointed out the connection towards the OVA and the episode preview seemed to have skipped this, though I can't say for sure. So for those not 100% sure if they wanna watch the OVA, I'd suggest waiting till next week to see if it did truly skip it.

Lain

Kill la Kill 8

This episode was good both in terms of story progression as well as comedy and pacing, plus it promises some interesting fights going forward.
Mako is as usual the cherry on top, and I really think that the person that decides what she'll be doing and saying in every episode deserves a life-sized gold statue.

Love Live 11
I loved the lottery scene. The faces they were making were hilarious. Too bad its serious drama time now with Honoka sick.

Theonik

He's just getting trolled by people who are making fun of him via twitter. :(
And /a/ and 2ch.
Being 7th is suffering indeed.

Hey, it happened. I just received Patlabor: The Early Days as well, and Anime Ltd. are working on a trailer for the TTGL BD. I'll enjoy these fleeting feelings of positivity towards the UK anime industry.
Yeah mine dispatched earlier today as well. Wonder if Prime will deliver tomorrow. Been piss poor lately take 2 days instead of 1. Think I'll complain.
Also, don't forget FLCL came out recently and so did the K-ON movie both of which I need to buy. Good times indeed.

Yozakura Quartet 08

Fantastic episode. This is the point I like the manga more as it starts giving Akina more importance in the world from here on out. The ending pointed out the connection towards the OVA and the episode preview seemed to have skipped this, though I can't say for sure. So for those not 100% sure if they wanna watch the OVA, I'd suggest waiting till next week to see if it did truly skip it.

I really do hope Akina gets a bigger role. Anyone know if he does?

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta 8

I always zone out when the elders show up, but they actually made the exchange with them and the threat of the hanyo showing up damn compelling. Making it super compressed definitely helps.

It's going to be weird for people that don't know to check out the OADs after that post-credits scene.

Jex

Nope, I've still not going to check out those Macross Frontier movies. Not now, not ever. God damn CG Valkyries.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Neptunia vol 3 is now out, featuring the one true goddess. You #teamnoire heathens still have time to convert and find salvation.

Wat? #teamnepgear - Shes the best. Noire is runnerup.

Also the Macross F movies are great. Sheryl is the best character in the series, the second best girl in all of Macross after Misa and this is even more the case in the movies. Her total
victory over Ranka
was so awesome.

Fuck Ranka.

Love Live 12
This seriousness isn't really fitting of the show

Love Live 13
Felt like a really good finale to the show. The first song they did became their finale. I feel the song variety was a bit lacking though

cnet128

Banned
BlazBlue Alter Memory 8

Holy shit they actually based a full episode on Lambda's gag route of all things.

My respect for the creators of this anime just increased exponentially.

Serial Experiments Lain 1-8

It somehow gets even crazier, and even though the show's 15 years old now, you really oughta put that stuff in spoiler tags.

I'd say it makes more sense with subsequent viewings, but it doesn't, really. I need to watch my Blu-rays of it again. The first time around, I was so breathtaken by how great it looked in 1080p (or whatever the 4:3 equivalent of it is) that I spent most of my viewing paying attention to the visuals. Which isn't to say I wasn't following the dialogue and/or the story, but I wasn't necessarily thinking about it as much as I did in, say, my first viewing of it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Does anyone here still care about anything on AnimeSols? No? Well, anyway, it's still worth mentioning that they're having a pretty cool Black Friday promotion. Namely, Friday through Sunday, all pledges made toward their DVD box set crowdfunding campaigns will count double. Pledges at the $40 tier will count as $80 toward the goal and so on.

This is, of course, probably the last and best hope that any of us here have to ever actually get an official DVD release of BAGI: THE MONSTER OF MIGHTY NATURE (and the current volumes of Creamy Mami and Oniisama e, among others) so check it out if you're so inclined.

Articalys

Does anyone here still care about anything on AnimeSols? No? Well, anyway, it's still worth mentioning that they're having a pretty cool Black Friday promotion. Namely, Friday through Sunday, all pledges made toward their DVD box set crowdfunding campaigns will count double. Pledges at the $40 tier will count as $80 toward the goal and so on.

This is, of course, probably the last and best hope that any of us here have to ever actually get an official DVD release of BAGI: THE MONSTER OF MIGHTY NATURE (and the final volumes of Creamy Mami and Oniisama e, among others) so check it out if you're so inclined.

http://www.fandompost.com/2013/11/26/anime-sols-launches-black-friday-double-up-promotion/
For anyone wondering about more details on the promo, and everything that'll be up for funding.

Also, I think both Creamy Mami (52 episodes) and Dear Brother (39 episodes) will still have one more set to go each even after the ones starting on Friday.

cnet128

Banned
Tokyo Ravens 8

That static-y shifting effect when Touji goes demon is really cool.

Episode needs more Kon though.

(To be fair, I suppose that goes without saying. Even if the episode was 100% Kon focused, that would still not be enough Kon.)

jbug617

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 8
Come on Onoda.

Non Non Biyori 8
Poor senpai.
Did they explain why the neighbor girl doesn't go to the same school?
Also I really thought they were going to let the brother speak. I was wrong for having my hopes up

cnet128

Banned
Non Non Biyori 8
Poor senpai.
Did they explain why the neighbor girl doesn't go to the same school?
Also I really thought they were going to let the brother speak,

Apparently
Konomi is a high-schooler, and I believe the school the others attend only covers elementary and middle school.

Hunter x Hunter 106

Poor Nov. So much traumas.

Tenumi

Banned
DokiDoki Precure: 41

Puffy cheeks MakoPi is adorable.

This was another good, strong episode. Character development, fights IN SPACE!, and overall enjoyability. Show feels like its ending strong to me.

Speaking of that, 8 episodes to go!

Serial Experiments Lain 1-8
Well this show is batshit crazy and I don't get the plot at all. First was about Lain who never touched a computer before and then becomes addicted to internet, then weird shit happens and she becomes more open. Her sister then, goes crazy and turns into a spirit and fades away and then, kids are worshipping the sky producing something of massive energy. Then it turns out that Lain has multiple personalities and her parents aren't real. Then, she is apparently watching everyone like Big Brother except not hiding any information, but it isn't her but is. Then, she deletes everybody's memory of being watched to which she was left all alone because that other her is taking her spot in life. She's also some sort of computer entity and her computer is crazy

cajunator said:
Its a lot more relevant to today than when it was made yet it still doesnt really make fucking sense.

Funny. One of the thins I like about Lain is how even if some people treat it as the typical nonsense superweird watch-it-with-weed philosophical anime, it has a plot with a clear explanation, without the usual obscure end that doesn't say anything and try to be deep. It's just at the end, you have to wait until episode 11-13 to understand it. And have some basic knowledge of Japanese culture and religion. I didn't finish it thinking "what the heck was this about" and it gave an explanation of why the tone of the series is that confusing.

About being more relevant today... funny enough, Internet and computers are more mainstream now than when the series was done but it doesn't feel that way, the series is about Internet but without being called Internet, it's not very clear if the Navi stuff is like our technology or different or how it's used, it kind of feels a bit dated in that sense, you feel the execution would be different if the series would be written today.

cnet128

Banned
Yozakura Quartet -Hoshi no Umi- 1

Oh hey, it's another Unison Square Garden OP. Fancy that.

Cute Rin is cute.

And I guess Yae is pretty awesome, huh. Aside from the
freaky teddybear obsession
, that is...

But hang on,
Touka was all pining after Akina and getting depressed because she didn't have an excuse to hold hands with him...but in the end she wound up happily holding hands with Kotoha? My yuri goggles can only see one reasonable way to interpret this scene =p

Blazblue Alter Memory 8

Guys, I truly enjoyed this episode.

Because not only does it actually setup well for what's going to happen later. It also has Lambda being happy for once.

You know instead of feeling sorry for her during the entirety of Continuum Shift.

cajunator

Banned

Good shit!

Neptunia vol 3 is now out, featuring the one true goddess. You #teamnoire heathens still have time to convert and find salvation.

So much cute in that show. How can people choose? Also that Kurumi figure ships out in December.

Right Stuf pre-orders are up for Sentai's March releases. Nadia complete on BD is $60.

Thanks for the heads up. Im starting to be stuck with a bunch of DVDs left over from upgrading to blurays. I guess I could eventually sell them off or something. Might need help with the best way to do this. (everything is in excellent shape with no scratches and even great box/case condition)

Hunter x Hunter - 106

I don't enjoy seeing characters in mind break mode, but ...i can't help but smile when i remember how full of himself he was when he met killua & gon.

So ...serve you right !!

So palm , well
you're a nice spy i tell you that.

cnet128

Banned
Yozakura Quartet -Hoshi no Umi- 2

The action in this is sogoooooooood.

Also nice emotional backstory. That field of flowers was so outrageously idyllic that a tragedy couldn't not happen there. It was inevitable. If there was a scale of picturesque settings, that place would have broken it. Twice.

Also Enjin is an ass but we kind of knew that.

cajunator

Banned
You're pro-Kurumi so I'll let that one slide.

We are all pro-Kurumi :D

Funny. One of the thins I like about Lain is how even if some people treat it as the typical nonsense superweird watch-it-with-weed philosophical anime, it has a plot with a clear explanation, without the usual obscure end that doesn't say anything and try to be deep. It's just at the end, you have to wait until episode 11-13 to understand it. And have some basic knowledge of Japanese culture and religion. I didn't finish it thinking "what the heck was this about" and it gave an explanation of why the tone of the series is that confusing.

About being more relevant today... funny enough, Internet and computers are more mainstream now than when the series was done but it doesn't feel that way, the series is about Internet but without being called Internet, it's not very clear if the Navi stuff is like our technology or different or how it's used, it kind of feels a bit dated in that sense, you feel the execution would be different if the series would be written today.

Well on one hand I see your point. the show does make some sense and can be figured out. however it requires quite a bit more focus than my brain allows me to have so its forever going to seem like a clusterfuck to me. Albeit a good one.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo 8

In which Hayato beats the shit out of a guy with just a soccer ball. Dude's all "I just wanted a rematch with Ryoma, man!" and Hayato beats him till he is bloody. Right in front of Michiru. Like, Hayato would be cool if he wasn't a psychopathic douchebag.

Also a T-Rex man commits suicide by stabbing himself in the forehead and triggering a nuclear explosion. Welcome to Getter Robo, where physics are told to GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom