• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT2| The Rise and Fall of Kyoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yozakura quartet - hana no uta - 05

There is a bad guy that is doing something very bad guy-like ..

Anyway , the animation was alright so were the flashbacks.

Oh and the cast was working quite well considering what was happening.

CorvoSol

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross 8

Hikaru barely manages to not completely flub up Minmay's birthday. I mean dude, do you or don't you want this? SING FOR THE GIRL. Got dang lucky with that platinum medal. Also I was surprised to see that the entire city is dead at night. What, no nightlife? And Battlepods are kinda crummy mecha to pilot. I mean they don't even have arms. Surely the super advanced Zentradi could invent ARMS for their robots!

Seems like people are getting into Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta more and more as well.

i was actually holding back on some episodes to watch them at once ,( also i'm late because i was travelling )

-------------
Yozakura quartet - hana no uta - 06

More fighting , more special effects , more fun on the screen ... this was actually a great episode .

Talk about being nerfed to no end , lol .

Mature

Hikaru barely manages to not completely flub up Minmay's birthday. I mean dude, do you or don't you want this? SING FOR THE GIRL. Got dang lucky with that platinum medal. Also I was surprised to see that the entire city is dead at night. What, no nightlife? And Battlepods are kinda crummy mecha to pilot. I mean they don't even have arms. Surely the super advanced Zentradi could invent ARMS for their robots!
The Battlepod design does make sense, but I think explaining why might go into spoiler territory.

CorvoSol

The Battlepod design does make sense, but I think explaining why might go into spoiler territory.

Gotcha.

Mobile Suit Gundam 8

Sick and tired of the crap they continue to produce, Bright Noa finally ditches those rotten refugees by the side of the road somewhere in Hell/Arizona. Meanwhile Char Aznable begins to unfold his master plan for
killing Garma Zabi.
Kai freaks out during battle and it occurs to me that the Gunman is like some kind of prototype Heavyarms, which works for me, cuz the Heavyarms is frickin' sweet.

The latest Yozakura Quartet's episode panty shot wasn't a flash. It was a full-on focus and it stayed there for way too long. I was cringing the whole time. WHY SHOW. YOU DON'T NEED THIS TO BE ENTERTAINING.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

This, keep watching.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 8

Right, so this is your standard end of arc episode as we follow Shinozuka and those two Youkai kids around the seven pillars and we get some character building with the main squad, in particular Akina and Hime. We also meet the passive-aggressive antagonists, apparently on loan from One Piece. The upshot here is we get the full discourse on the fantastical racism of this universe and this flow into the start of the Hoshi No Umi arc. Duckroll appears to be right, watching the Hoshi No Umi OVA is going to be required watching since it is otherwise skipped. I watched that OVA a few days ago, while needed and a good arc, it doesn't exactly flow into Hana No Uta either as there are a whole bunch of changes made to reflect the stand alone-ness of the arc.

CorvoSol

Earth Maiden Arjuna 2

Did you know that nuclear powered air-conditioners are the real demon? No? Well it is! Here is a shitty CGI steam train to prove how much better the world was when it was on coal powered air conditioners instead of nuclear powered ones! Nuclear power is bad for the environment and it isn't economical! Unlike coal power, which is idealized and wondrous like this guy's childhood dreams! Remember kids, Nuclear power equals demons, but coal power equals childhood dreams!

DID I MENTION THAT NUCLEAR POWERED AIR CONDITIONING IS BAD? BECAUSE IT IS. NUCLEAR POWERED AIR CONDITIONERS ARE BAD. BAD. THEY ARE A BAD THING.

Toriko Episode 131 - Who Are the Strongest Partners? Whole Island Cooking!

One shot looked awful (Sunny's face was all drawn weirdly) but others hilarious. Brunch and Zebra were the best the whole way through. I think they need to team up in the future, finally gave Zebra a nice partner and moments instead of his Komatsu obsession.

-

Also got a bit more anime stuff, the Free! fanbook and the posters in it, and the large Karneval calendar (best image).
tumblr_mwwb32O7ie1qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mwwb32O7ie1qbxqfpo2_1280.jpg

The latest Yozakura Quartet's episode panty shot wasn't a flash. It was a full-on focus and it stayed there for way too long. I was cringing the whole time. WHY SHOW. YOU DON'T NEED THIS TO BE ENTERTAINING.

I've only seen the first episode, and was very surprised that there weren't any panty shots to my knowledge.

Do they not come in until 2 or 3?

Earth Maiden Arjuna 2

Did you know that nuclear powered air-conditioners are the real demon? No? Well it is! Here is a shitty CGI steam train to prove how much better the world was when it was on coal powered air conditioners instead of nuclear powered ones! Nuclear power is bad for the environment and it isn't economical! Unlike coal power, which is idealized and wondrous like this guy's childhood dreams! Remember kids, Nuclear power equals demons, but coal power equals childhood dreams!

DID I MENTION THAT NUCLEAR POWERED AIR CONDITIONING IS BAD? BECAUSE IT IS. NUCLEAR POWERED AIR CONDITIONERS ARE BAD. BAD. THEY ARE A BAD THING.

humpf this is just BAD , you haven't seen the WORST yet ... will you be ready ?

Shergal

They should do an Arjunaesque thing about the evils of CGI vs the wonders of HAND-CRAFTED MAN-LABOURED TRADITIONAL ANIMATION

I've only seen the first episode, and was very surprised that there weren't any panty shots to my knowledge.

Do they not come in until 2 or 3?

Yeah. They aren't as numerous or blatant as ecchi shows, but when they show up it's such a negative contrast to the rest of the show because they have little to no reason to be there for a show of this style.

CorvoSol

Funded by the German government.

That or this entire episode was paid for by Israel to be shown to children of government officials in Iran.

Bakemonogatari 6

Okay let's see if I get this. So Kanbaru used to be Senjougahara's friend. She may have had a crush on her. Then crazy Ghost stuff happened and now they're not. Senjougahara has laid claim to Araragi like an object cuz that's the only explanation for their relationship atm, and now Kanbaru wants in on this. Hachikuji is like Araragi's bro except constantly mocking his creepy imouto problem or possible lack there of?

And then sudden battery demon attack.

That or this entire episode was paid for by Israel to be shown to children of government officials in Iran.

Bakemonogatari 6

Okay let's see if I get this. So Kanbaru used to be Senjougahara's friend. She may have had a crush on her. Then crazy Ghost stuff happened and now they're not. Senjougahara has laid claim to Araragi like an object cuz that's the only explanation for their relationship atm, and now Kanbaru wants in on this. Hachikuji is like Araragi's bro except constantly mocking his creepy imouto problem or possible lack there of?

More than a crush, she was in lesbians with her.

cnet128

Banned
Bakemonogatari 6

Araragi doesn't have a problem, he just knows in his heart who best girl is.

Hint: it starts with "H" and ends with "achikuji Mayoi".

Theonik

Armored Hunter Mellowlink 08
No way that mofo isn't an overman.

Tiger and Bunny 22-15 END
Still thought the show went down the pooper though it at least recovered to some extent for some moments. And if not that at least Blue Rose got her catchphrase back.
Not going to bother with the movies.

Clearly it's both. Germany's gotta sell that coal.

CorvoSol

More than a crush, she was in lesbians with her.

Ah, well, they're not exactly explicit about this.

Araragi doesn't have a problem, he just knows in his heart who best girl is.

Hint: it starts with "H" and ends with "achikuji Mayoi".

Her backpack > Her.

Clearly it's both. Germany's gotta sell that coal.

The only thing that makes sense, really.

Gunpla Build Fighters 8

HYAKU SHIKI

DEVIL GUNDAM

TALLGEESE

/DEAD

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet -Hoshi no Umi- 1

Oh hey, it's another Unison Square Garden OP. Fancy that.

Cute Rin is cute.

And I guess Yae is pretty awesome, huh. Aside from the
freaky teddybear obsession
, that is...

But hang on,
Touka was all pining after Akina and getting depressed because she didn't have an excuse to hold hands with him...but in the end she wound up happily holding hands with Kotoha? My yuri goggles can only see one reasonable way to interpret this scene =p

Touka as far as I know is straight and involved in the Akina love triangle. Kotoha is a lesbian and in the anime at least is officially with Ao.

Earth Maiden Arjuna 2

Remember kids, if you just turned off your air conditioner for two weeks in the summer we could immediately shut down all nuclear power plants!!!

Kawamori is a crackpot.

Yozakura quartet - hana no uta - 07
The scene when they were angry was some good stuff, very nicely animated.
Also , revelations all around !! that's very good indeed.

Shirokuma Cafe 50 [END]

Long long time ago.
I can still remember when I met Shirokuma.
And I knew if I had the chance
I could watch this for my lunch
And maybe it'd last me for a while.

But November neared its ending
As the episodes left went decreasing
Bad news on the doorstep.
Penguin san was the best.

I can't remember if I cried
When Full-time Panda took his stride
I know that I'll shed them soon
For now, no more Panda-Kun.

You're gonna carry that weight
See ya, Bear Cowboy

Syrinx

Ah, well, they're not exactly explicit about this.
Just in case this isn't clear, they didn't have a lesbian relationship. Kanbaru is a lesbian in love with Senjougahara.

I think that's how it was anyway. These sort of things have gone over my head before.

wonzo

Banned
Touka as far as I know is straight and involved in the Akina love triangle. Kotoha is a lesbian and in the anime at least is officially with Ao.
Manga spoilers but
there's a part later on when Touka kissed Kotoha on the lips to stop her from losing control of her powers again
so it's probably a nod to that.

AoKoto otp tho

Theonik

Revenge is a powerful motivator! I think Jex described this as the serialized OVA version of an 80s action flick and he wasn't kidding.
I guess that's one way to put it yeah.Though I still don't fully buy it. The last arc of VOTOMS traumatised me.
Also another thing that bothered me a bit is how every one of Mellow's targets so far is basically some huge murdering psychopath. I'd get some of them being that but not all.
08 kinda hints at reversing that but we'll see.

zeroshiki

News Roundup:

- There's gonna be a new Lupin the 3rd Live Action movie. Its gonna star Oguri Shun (Hana Yori Dango, Hanakimi) as Lupin.

- Kaguya-hime came in number 1 in the weekend box office rankings. It made 280 million yen its first 2 days (2 million dollars). It came in 78% of the opening weekend of Mamoru Hosoda's Wolf Children Ame and Yuki and will probably settle in somewhere below that. If anyone's curious, its also below Kaze Tachinu's first week (゚д゚)!of nearly 1 billion yen.

- Today, November 27 in Japan is Hirasawa Yui's birthday. Happy Birthday Yui! Here's to a K-On S3!

EDIT: wrong numbers

Manga spoilers but
there's a part later on when Touka kissed Kotoha on the lips to stop her from losing control of her powers again
so it's probably a nod to that.

AoKoto otp tho

Well if we're gonna start specifying manga stuff then
Kotoha shows a bit of interest in Akina after jokingly telling him to go with her. Maybe not entirely deep feelings but at least some interest.

Touka is definitely all over Akina though. But we all know he's going to end up with pwwwotagonist.

Shergal

- Kaguya-hime came in number 1 in the weekend box office rankings. It made 280 million yen its first 2 days (2 million dollars). It came in 78% of the opening weekend of Mamoru Hosoda's Wolf Children Ame and Yuki and will probably settle in somewhere below that. If anyone's curious, its also 15% Kaze Tachinu's first week (゚д゚)!of 1.5 billion yen.

People don't appreciate the true master :(

zeroshiki

Considering the manpower and time involved in making Kaguya-hime, it probably flopped bad :lol Although I don't think there was any expectation of it making oodles of money.

Tokyo ravens - 08

This was nice friendship on display

Anywya...it's the 3rd or 4th time already , can't they realise , as professionnals they claim to be that someone is messing with the lines already ? What was that confidence before , for ? and what's with those tactics ? Same strategy as 2 years ago ? hasn't that strategy failed before ? what make you think that it won't fail this time ? what make you think that the terrorists won't adapt ? Are they dumb or something ?

At least theCG was alright for this episode. and Kon had 2 lines of dialog , that's alright then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom