• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log Horizon 14

Oh man, finally learning about the apocalypse! The way it ties into the game's story/lore, which alone is pretty interesting and well thought, is great.
Potentially losing your memories when dying and respawning is also quite the incentive to stay alive
, though not as much as YOU DIE IN THE GAME, YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE. Still, it's more creative than SAO's take on the issue.

Now I just need to learn about who created the game. Also, mage dude looks shady as hell. I'm pretty sure he can't be trusted.
Actually, I think his master/predecessor was the game's creator.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shirobako 1
No way. This is too real!
Other than car CGI, the whole episode is solid and quite informative, especially to those who is new to the whole animation production thing. Also, that mohawk(?) guy...i assume he is based from the guy that caused GuP to be delayed? I know that Mizushima pissed off real bad to whoever that guy is.

Samurai Flamenco 4-6

This show is really silly and looks even sillier, but it's really not bad, I think it actually pretty good.

Samurai Flamenco 7

tumblr_mgwaya5AdW1s3jolto1_500.gif

What a perfect gif.

Anohana - Episodes 10-11 [END]

These episodes really cranked up the tears and sadness, sure the rocket launched and made some pretty coloured smoke
it didn't work, as Menma was still there, which I knew was going to happen
. Everyone feels terrible for what they've done and they let out all of their feelings that have been bottled up the entire time. Some of which were more obvious because they've been making their feelings known but others like Tsuruko never really did and it all came out at once,
didn't even realise that it was Anaru that she had the problem with.

The final scene of hide and seek was...odd to say the least.
The were shouting so that they could see her again then suddenly everyone could see her. I called it! I knew she'd come back to lif...hold on she's transparent. It was just so they could all see her say goodbye. On the plus side the whole thing with Menma's wish bought them all together again as friends and finally they let go of all the bad feelings they had towards each other! What a happy ending!

It was a good show, started out a bit slow but definately picked up around halfway and it was incredibly charming.

I'll give it a rating of "I could only see 7 out of the 10 flowers that they saw that day".

cajunator

Banned
I thought Animegaf loved tiny tophats.

I dont mind them!

Man, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is so fcking beautiful. Very likeable characters, the art direction is top notch and it has some great music. Expect lots of humor, drama and romance. I'm a sucker for these kind of anime. ;_;

For people who aren't bothering watching the first episode (shame on you!), at least watch the OP!

It really does look quite well. Looking forward to it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just need a crossover with that pedo basketball show and we can have the most offensive anime of all time.

Middle school girls trying to colonize Mars, but they have to assert their dominance over the indigenous cockroach aliens by defeating them in ritual combat: B-ball!

Midonin

Two things.

All this talk of basketball anime and we're forgetting Basquash?

And my belief is that Samumenco 7 wasn't the point where the show went off the rails. It's where it fully realized its true calling as a tokusatsu series and went all in rather than teetering around the edges of it.

DiGiKerot

It's kind of worrying that, when I accosted Jonathan Clements with my copy of his book on the history of anime earlier today, he signed it To The Worlds Biggest Guskou Budori Fan. Whelp.

But, meh, there's nothing at this years SLA that's especially worth talking about until Giovanni's Island tomorrow, I suppose. Well, I guess I saw the K movie, Missing Kings, but that sure is pretty much just three more episodes of K fashioned into something vaguely resembling a movie, with a dopey cliffhanger stuck onto the end. The most remarkable thing about it is probably the lengths in terms of physical contortions and camera work they go to in order to provide gratuitous Kukuri pantsu during the movies opening.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso 1
This is a really pretty show. Yeah, i like this.

Psycho Pass 2

Hmm, Akane turn into such a badass. Well, after all that shit she's been through, it should be. Also, that twist after the ending song. Yeah, it looks like we get Makishima MK. II

Ojamajo Doremi - 19

Two nincompoops kidnap Hadzuki very easily. Did that girl never have a talk about strangers with her parents? It's really surprising with such a dark premise for an episode, they make it more comedic than you think it'd be.

I mean, for crying out loud. This girl edits the grammar on the ransom note, and even attempts to clean up the place she's being held at. Girl, read the situation would you? Then there's the scene where Doremi and Aiko are trying to stop the car she's in only to keep transforming it into various things as well.

It's really strange to see the kidnappers made out to be just misunderstood comedy performers and them being the ones learning a lesson here and not Hadzuki. With this being a children's show, you'd think she would, given the entire scenario.

mankoto

Ushinawareta 2
More time quakes and now we have spooky ghosts. Yui can seemingly activate the cube (and apparently can gather information from it) at any time. Looks like things will start going in motion next episode.

Necrovex

I know there was a Romance of the Three Kingdom anime that was released back in 2012. I can hardly find any information about it though. Did people like it? Is it actual decent?

Ojamajo Doremi - 19

Two nincompoops kidnap Hadzuki very easily. Did that girl never have a talk about strangers with her parents? It's really surprising with such a dark premise for an episode, they make it more comedic than you think it'd be.

I mean, for crying out loud. This girl edits the grammar on the ransom note, and even attempts to clean up the place she's being held at. Girl, read the situation would you? Then there's the scene where Doremi and Aiko are trying to stop the car she's in only to keep transforming it into various things as well.

It's really strange to see the kidnappers made out to be just misunderstood comedy performers and them being the ones learning a lesson here and not Hadzuki. With this being a children's show, you'd think she would, given the entire scenario.

I hear that the dub changed the story of this episode so that the kidnappers are in fact relations of Hazuki's and that Doremi and Aiko misunderstood that and thought she was kidnapped. That's what you're going to get in a 4Kids dub mind you!

Glad to see that you're watching this again though!

Madan no Ou to Vanadis -02

Good god, dude is ridiculous. Catching an arrow midflight and shooting it straight back to the owner was some Beserker level shit.

God damn. Dude is superhuman.

This is my guilty pleasure of the season. I dropped the other show, the one with the "you've revealed yourself cracker" because it was shit.

I hear that the dub changed the story of this episode so that the kidnappers are in fact relations of Hazuki's and that Doremi and Aiko misunderstood that and thought she was kidnapped. That's what you're going to get in a 4Kids dub mind you!

Glad to see that you're watching this again though!

I have to keep watching this. I mean, I promised Hito I would as part of our watchbet, and I'm not going back on my end of the deal.

And yeah, I heard about that with the 4Kids change as well. Though I think the change makes sense in this case, given the way it all transpired. I can see why they'd be afraid of keeping the story of that episode as it is.

Though part of me wonders that, if they were afraid, why not just not air the episode at all? They actually do that for another episode later on down the line IIRC.

Moyashimon 11

The end is just the beginning, and things work out for both Sawaki and Kei.

So this is an interesting little show. Looks different than most other animes I've seen and it's a bit educational. Mostly focused on sake and fermented food though. It's maybe not the topic I want to learn that much about, but it's enjoyable enough.

The characters are interesting enough, and the comedy is ok the times there is comedy. Then there's the festival episodes though... Those are just strange and with fanservice out of nowhere.

The OP is an upbeat track that reminds me of the Usagi Drop OP for some reason.

It's not as good as Silver Spoon, which is the closest thing I've seen to this (Well... The microbe stuff could maybe be compared to Il était une fois... la vie or something...), but it's interesting enough that I'll give 3.5/5 microbes to this one:
b54pOGA.png
b54pOGA.png
b54pOGA.png
oXn030z.png
7dsUyJr.png

I have to keep watching this. I mean, I promised Hito I would as part of our watchbet, and I'm not going back on my end of the deal.

And yeah, I heard about that with the 4Kids change as well. Though I think the change makes sense in this case, given the way it all transpired. I can see why they'd be afraid of keeping the story of that episode as it is.

Though part of me wonders that, if they were afraid, why not just not air the episode at all? They actually do that for another episode later on down the line IIRC.

I may watchbet you to watch the rest of it as well! >:)

As for 4Kids cancelling the episode. Who knows! By the time they were dubbing it, it was 2007 and they were already becoming less and less relevant.

Edit: Also the episode that was not aired by 4Kids was Episode 30 for honestly far less severe things than what happened in Episode 19.

Moyashimon 11

The end is just the beginning, and things work out for both Sawaki and Kei.

So this is an interesting little show. Looks different than most other animes I've seen and it's a bit educational. Mostly focused on sake and fermented food though. It's maybe not the topic I want to learn that much about, but it's enjoyable enough.

The characters are interesting enough, and the comedy is ok the times there is comedy. Then there's the festival episodes though... Those are just strange and with fanservice out of nowhere.

The OP is an upbeat track that reminds me of the Usagi Drop OP for some reason.

It's not as good as Silver Spoon, which is the closest thing I've seen to this (Well... The microbe stuff could maybe be compared to Il était une fois... la vie or something...), but it's interesting enough that I'll give 3.5/5 microbes to this one:
b54pOGA.png
b54pOGA.png
b54pOGA.png
oXn030z.png
7dsUyJr.png

Just FYI, there's a second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom