• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Is it OK if I ask for anime recommendations here?

I used to love anime years ago. I was a big fan of Full Metal Alchemist (original series), Trigun, and Samurai Champloo. I'm so out of the loop now and have been for five or six years. Could someone recommend me a show to get back into anime?

From The New World

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Was busy all day, finally got around to watching some anime.

Log Horizon s2e2

Episode was a lot better than the previous, glad we're getting back up to the pacing of the first series. Aside from an out-of-place fart joke, I really enjoyed the new character and her interactions with Naotsugu. William Massachusetts seems surprisingly chill since the last time we saw him.

The split focus on Shiroe and Akatsuki will be interesting, and it puts the ending to the previous episode in more favorable light for me.

Fate/Stay Night 1

"Senpai" spam and harem elements were really annoying, but hopefully they're not given too much focus, because the action in this episode was really quite amazing. Swordplay was really well-choreographed, and the Noble Phantasm scene was incredible.

Oh, and Fujimira is love.

Unless Ufotable decides to add and waste time on that shit, it shouldn't be. Those aspects should dial down to none outside of plot relevant ones. If the director has other ideas is anyone guess.

fertygo

UBW minor spoiler
Sakura pretty much gone to prepping up and taking shot for the movie isn't she?

Ace of Diamond - 52

Furuya dominating dem fools, seeing Lebro.. I mean Mai bitching in envy is pretty fun too.

Btw why I see no new team in the OP, don't tell me this match last for 2 cour LMAO

Necrovex

I'm watching Les Mis with some friends and it reminded that it has an anime. How is it overall? I remember hearing early positive buzz years ago.

If anybody here is a fan of Star Wars, I'll recommend that Star Wars Rebels show. Pretty good honestly. Brought back a bit of the sense of wonder of the original movie trilogy. Feels like Firefly meets Star Wars.

From the New World Ep. 17

I like time skips but I'm not sure I like how jarring they are in this series. The foreshadowing by the narration is getting really old by this point.

Defuser

Fate/Stay Night : UBW ep 1
I swear Sakura must be fucking sarcastic with Shirou the way she calls him Senpai It's like she's mocking him with that tone. Other than that it's quite draggy the first half from Shirou's perspective but good lord the animation.....So gooooooood.

Wait what? SOLD
Dont let me down Dog.

There's only one 48 minute episode out so far, but it sold me on the show. I mean don't expect witty banter 24/7 like a Whedon show though. They have their charm though. The main cast has their unique role in the group and their personalities together meshed really well. And going away from the emphasis of military and politics from the Clone Wars can only be a good thing at this point.

Link Man

Banned
Lord Marksman and Vanadis 2

Well, this sure went to shit in a hurry. The writing, the art, the fanservice, terrible. First drop of the season.

D-Frag OVA

f9sYDIC.jpg

It was nice seeing Sakura get an episode after she got shafted in the TV airing.

mankoto

FSN UBW 1
I'm going to be really upset if something happens to Sakura...

Was the girl that told Shirou to hurry up and summon someone,
Illya
?

It's funny to see that both Rin and Shirou basically wasted their first command.

Are all of these episodes going to be ~45 minutes in length? Or was it to give an equal viewpoint of both Rin and Shirou?

Link Man

Banned
FSN UBW 1
I'm going to be really upset if something happens to Sakura...

Was the girl that told Shirou to hurry up and summon someone,
Illya
?

It's funny to see that both Rin and Shirou basically wasted their first command.

Are all of these episodes going to be ~45 minutes in length? Or was it to give an equal viewpoint of both Rin and Shirou?

Yeah, that was definitely
Illya

TUSR

Banned
Is it OK if I ask for anime recommendations here?

I used to love anime years ago. I was a big fan of Full Metal Alchemist (original series), Trigun, and Samurai Champloo. I'm so out of the loop now and have been for five or six years. Could someone recommend me a show to get back into anime?

Anything Trigger has made.

Kill la Kill.

Crocodile

Shirobako 1

I dunno if/how this will be able to keep my interest for 24 episodes (what kind of scenarios can they devise to make the series last so long?) but this intro episode was pretty great. A MUCH stronger opening that this director's last work (Girls und Panzer) which caused me to fear a moe overload that was delightfully subverted :) Felt both informative and somewhat realistic. That drag race was weird though. I guess they were competing companies using the same key artists?

It's always encouraging to see quality, original anime.

Parasyte 1

I hesitated in watching this because I was afraid this might be "too gross for me" (I don't consider myself a horror fan) but this was actually quite good. As other said, it was nice seeing anime parents that were both present and acted like parents. The animation was GREAT, this would have all fallen apart without it. I've heard there will be a change in animation directors moving forward so I hope they are able to maintain the animation quality for the rest of the show.

Twintails 1

I got curious. Pretty fucking stupid but mostly inoffensive. Not sure how somebody came up with this idea or how they were able to convince others to give them money to actually make an anime out of it though LOL

Amagi Brilliant Park 1-2

Ok if these guys have Magic, why the hell do they need a teenager to manage their ass back into the black? Like use your Magic? You should be having sold out shows 24/7. Are these magic people so inept that a teenager armed with only common sense can be their messiah? LOL. I think this show would be better if it was straight up Theme Park Tycoon and cut the magic & teenager silliness.

As expected from Kyoani, the production is rock solid. I just wish they would use their talents on material that would engage me like say more FMP rather than these weird LN adaptions and what not. This is a fine show but not one I expect to hold my interest for long.

Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Words 0

I guess the jank that everybody has been warning me about comes later? Because otherwise this was good. Dat fight <33333 They laid it a bit thick with the exposition, Rin needs to cool it with the blushing and the stock tsundere routine and I have no idea why teenagers would involve themselves in a new Holy Grail war over more adults (I'm blaming Kirei - fucker is likely up to no good) but yeah otherwise this was good.

From the New World 2

Even far in the future, sports are SERIOUS BUSINESS. I'm still getting acclimated to this world but even this early on you can tell things aren't right. Things are going to get FUCKING REAL some point in the future, aren't they?

Usagi Drop 4

Not much to say other than the show continues to be adorable to the max

Girls und Panzer 3

This just makes me appreciate Shirobako more

Vanadis - 02

Alright episode. I'm warming up to the pacing .
I think they have now a decent chance of adapting this franchise properly in anime now.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
UBW 1

Really slow. Shirou is extremely naive. Unlike Kiritsugu, he doesn't even have the skills to back up his words. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom