• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 1.3 Update coming this week PC/PS4/XB1 - Patchnotes inside

Lettuce

Easy, open them in separate tabs, switch between the two and the much higher quality AO should be obvious.

Reasonable performance hit from experience.

If you have to compare 2 stills by flipping between one another to notice a difference then what's the point, as you'll never notice any difference when the game is in motion and your actually playing the game.

I really don't see the point in enabling such an unnoticeable effect that impacts performance, I would always take frame rate over graphical effects...especially ones that can't be seen easily

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you have to compare 2 stills by flipping between one another to notice a difference then what's the point, as you'll never notice any difference when the game is in motion and your actually playing the game.

I really don't see the point in enabling such an unnoticeable effect that impacts performance, I would always take frame rate over graphical effects...especially ones that can't be seen easily

That scene isn't the best example. I don't have any other Fallout 4 screenshots to offer, but here's an interactive comparison of SSAO versus HBAO+ in Far Cry 4.

I need to get the season pass as soon as I can.

Found all locations and now the game feels quite empty. The settlements have eaten up a lot of my time. I wish they would add a status bar that tells you what they need for 100% happiness that would be amazing.

Top Bottom