• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 1.3 Update coming this week PC/PS4/XB1 - Patchnotes inside

Takuan

No GECK date? I've been done with this shit for a month plus, these refinements aren't bringing me back.

IdioticOrnateAsianporcupine.gif

Ah I get it now thanks guys!

its the extra NPC in the background.

It's nice they are fixing stuff, I got hit by the Taking Independence bug and basically had to teleport Preston's dumb ass with the console from wherever back to the fort to get it working. Did they give an ETA on the GECK? I put a decent amount of time in the game but didn't beat it yet. I feel I'm generally more interested in what people can make than some of the quests I've been doing.

RedAssedApe

Banned
does it help the fps on consoles? firefights seem like they drop to single digit fps close to the end of the game where there is a lot of pew pew pew going on.

maybe i suck but it seemed impossible to get past without power armor. for example, warping into a building and immediately getting lasered to death. impossible to aim with the FPS drop and spamming vats to see what was actually shooting me.

Still having some pretty bad FPS drops in numerous areas. It seems like settings shadow distance above medium really causes problems, especially when you are in the heart of Boston.

TitusTroy

what are the chances of Bethesda ever releasing an official HD Texture Pack for Fallout 4 on PC?...they did it for Skyrim

sh1fty

Hoping this patch fixes the absurd methodology behind increasing settlement happiness... My trophy list has been stuck at 98% for too long now.

But there isn't a fix for MacReady's loyalty quest? I have Jacobs Password but he won't activate the terminal despite standing right next to it. I can't drop it either. Anyone know what to do then since this isn't being fixed.

I don't see an upgrade here that makes me want to lose the cap glitch and the McCready shot glitch....

Not to mention that the last update screwed up Vita remote play buttons. If they didn't fix that, I may never upgrade.

I thought they fixed the cap glitch with the last patch. Which are you referring to?

Added status menu for settlers in your settlements

Thank God. It's infuriating assigning a settler to something and then seeing your defense/food production go down because you didn't realize they were already assigned to something else.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Wonderful, now my mods no longer work and the game crashes to desktop when I load a save.
Well yeah, mods always break on updates. Just disable them and you should be good.

I've yet to even put more than three hours into the game, I dropped it quickly when I realised how broken it was on launch. Hopefully j can pick it up later in the year when it's had more of these type of patches and some decent mods to basically rejig the game to be actually enjoyable.

Faenix1

Done with the game - after 140 hours - but they don't seem to be fixing the most general issues I have with this game.

I mean still no fix for the traveling merchants that make up the L4 stores? If you follow them they just up and disappear.

Replicant

Did the fix the issue with Prestin giving you those damn settlement quests everytime you talk to him?

Now, why do you think Bethesda wants to stop trolling you? :p

Took away McReady's perk glitch but keeping Preston's ability to annoy you with quests. Genius trolling, Bethesda!

Also, can we stop PAM's bloodlust when we already manage to stop Brotherhood from fighting Railroad? Like seriously PAM? You want Railroad to face-off against Brotherhood? Especially when Railroad already said that they don't have the resources to fight the Institute and have to rely on Minutemen.

Wait so the 95% hit percentage on all heads when I got the kills hot perk is not intentional? Well that makes much more sense.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Well yeah, mods always break on updates. Just disable them and you should be good.

I've yet to even put more than three hours into the game, I dropped it quickly when I realised how broken it was on launch. Hopefully j can pick it up later in the year when it's had more of these type of patches and some decent mods to basically rejig the game to be actually enjoyable.

One does not simply "drop their mods," I've got like over 20 mods installed at this point.

Bluenoser

You can see it in that shot, not so in the ones of diamond city. Those are identical- unless I'm blind.

Edit: Just put it through a gif creator and I could see the difference in the diamond city shots too. Amazing how a gif can make it so much more noticeable than two images.

Surfinn

You can see it in that shot, not so in the ones of diamond city. Those are identical- unless I'm blind.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you're saying. I can still see it in the Diamond City example, but it's much more apparent while playing, honestly.

I'd like to see performance comparisons in identical screens.

joecanada

Did they fix the issue with Preston giving you those damn settlement quests everytime you talk to him?

Haha I don't think that was so much a bug but intentional way for people to keep doing missions if they want. I just hate how they automatically fail.

No patch notes for bugged gen switch on spectacle island? :( I'll never get my settlement built

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What's that quest with the people that didn't age due to a drug? On that one, I am on the very last step and it says "meet ___ at his house." I go there, he's there, and nothing happens.

Has that gotten fixed yet?

It blows my mind that they released this game with the settlement options as unbelievably bare bones and half assed as it was. I mean, it's Bethesda so I should have expected it but it was still staggering how they thought it was appropriate to release it in that shape.

Top Bottom