• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 1.3 Update coming this week PC/PS4/XB1 - Patchnotes inside

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I remember how badly this killed performance in borderlands 2. Wonder if it runs any better now? Can't watch the videos.

Felt PhysX was well worth having turned on in BL2(though with a GTX970, I didn't have much of a performance loss).

Doesn't come across as impressive here, but a nice bonus for sure.

Surfinn

Felt PhysX was well worth having turned on in BL2(though with a GTX970, I didn't have much of a performance loss).

Doesn't come across as impressive here, but a nice bonus for sure.
Meh most if the time it was fine but I didn't like it tanking performance every once in a while. It would dip a full 15 through 20 FPS under certain conditions.

AmyS

I was planning to really start playing Fallout 4 tonight but perhaps I should focus on The Witcher 3 instead, since that game has been well-patched on consoles now.

AmyS

quXtSye.jpg

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1588944-patch-me-please-bethy/?p=24935236

seph1roth

Does the patch 1.3 still running like shit with Nvidia?

Near Goodneoghour i have a huge performance hit, with dips to 25fps in that area, even reducing graphical settings.

Kezen

Banned
To clarify, Fallout 4 will not use my dedicated PhysX card in any way, but the debris effect will be hardware accelerated on my main GPU?

The way I understand is that Flex is a superior form of GPU Physx that does not require as much work on the dev's part.

http://physxinfo.com/news/

Using a dedicated Physx card is a very bad idea, in too many cases the cons far outweigh the benefits. I doubt Flex will use your Physx card.

etta

my hard graphic balls
They increased the draw distance for objects on consoles as well, saw a tweet about it.

Would be nice to have this up and done. Put the game on the shelf for a little while to play some other PS4 games but about ready to return to it.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Anyone else getting a huge FPS hit with 1.3? I regularly ran everything maxed around 60fps 1440p and now i'm hitting 30-40 and sometimes under 30 with HBAO+ and weapon debris :/

Does this make getting the 100 Happiness achievement less infuriating. Spent like 2 hours setting up a new settlement yesterday and then it bottlenecked ~_~.

It's pretty easy. Sunshine tidings co op. 7 settlers. One on food, 6 on level 3 clothing/food/clinics. Lots of decorations. Lots of beds, food, water, security available. Stand around with the stores for around 3 hours and it'll pop.

Got it last night.

1.3 busted almost all unofficial mod support. Game now insta crashes to desktop if you change the .ini files that used to enable mods. Nobody talking about this.

1.3 busted almost all unofficial mod support. Game now insta crashes to desktop if you change the .ini files that used to enable mods. Nobody talking about this.

Well, there goes Bethesda's spot in PC gaming if they double-down on BethesdaNet to the point of forcing all mods to go through it.

Pretty much noone will go with the "mods will fix it" excuse anymore if Bethesda games stop being mod friendly.

WAIT, hold on though, you sure that there isn't a mod dependency that isn't being fulfilled somewhere?

Well, there goes Bethesda's spot in PC gaming if they double-down on BethesdaNet to the point of forcing all mods to go through it.

Pretty much noone will go with the "mods will fix it" excuse anymore if Bethesda games stop being mod friendly.

WAIT, hold on though, you sure that there isn't a mod dependency that isn't being fulfilled somewhere?

There are posts confirming the same on nexus forums, loads of mods are not working with the latest patch.

I followed gopher's videos exactly, reinstalled and tried again, the game crashes even without any mods enabled.

Closest I could get is adding a custom weapon to the game but it was invisible, the model and textures were hidden. That was without the .ini tweaks enabled so that it would at least start.

Theres threads about it here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/3495-fallout-4-technical-support/

Was wondering if I should do a thread about it. I just bought the game this weekend on PC and disappointed that mods are broken.

There are posts confirming the same on nexus forums, loads of mods are not working with the latest patch.

I followed gopher's videos exactly, reinstalled and tried again, the game crashes even without any mods enabled.

Closest I could get is adding a custom weapon to the game but it was invisible, the model and textures were hidden. That was without the .ini tweaks enabled so that it would at least start.

Theres threads about it here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/3495-fallout-4-technical-support/

Was wondering if I should do a thread about it. I just bought the game this weekend on PC and disappointed that mods are broken.

Any idea from anyone if the update altered the main ESM in any way? I suppose any mods dependent on an earlier ESM might be borked to a crashing degree if any significant changes were made.

Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly

This is pretty great. The subtitles sucked so much before 1.3 and the warping was just annoying.

Rafroel

PS4 here.
Mine updated this afternoon (Aus time) and the only immediate difference I noticed was an increase in fan noise. Not sure if that's the portion of the game itself (
Just met Father, and completed those Institute quests
) as it got better once I moved on to the next thing (
went back to the Commonwealth and did the Pickman and Museum of Witchcraft sidequests
).

Keen to see what DF's performance review finds out.

Top Bottom