• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: Far Harbor IOTI Point Lookout 2: Synthetic Boogaloo

fallout-4-far-harbor-banner.png

Release Date: 5/19/16 12:01AM (EST for all NA regions)
Platforms: Xbox One / PS4 / PC
File Size: 5.33gb on Xbox One / 4.99gb on PS4 / 2.3gb on PC
Price: $25.00

Videos
Official Far Harbor Trailer
Exploring Far Harbor

Information
Fallout 4's 3rd official add-on pack titled "Far Harbor" takes you to a town on the coast of Maine based on real-world location Bar Harbor. You get a notification from your trusty synth cohort Nick Valentine about a looming synth presence up North and it is up to you to find out what sinister things are lurking about. Explore an entire new region as you uncover new quests, weapons, armor and other miscellaneous goodies. This is the biggest landmass Bethesda has ever created for any add-on!

Activation
You must complete the main quest Getting a Clue before traveling to Far Harbor, however it does not require the player character to attain a specific level to start. It's part of the Fallout 4 season pass.

Sorry for no images, I'm remaining on a media blackout, enjoy!

The file size isn't too bad for my Internet, but I cringe when I think of how many updates I have waiting for me since launch. I may have to spend all day downloading tomorrow (too tired to do it tonight).

Looking forward to this. I love Fallout DLC.

Valkrai

Is there a map of Far Harbor up yet?

I never played previous DLCs for Bethesda games so don't know how huge it'll be, super hyped to play it regardless.

Disker

Between 15 and 20 fps on my PS4 on the island itself because of the fog (which is basically everywhere)

So back to another game untill they fix it (in a month or so I presume...)

Bethesda; "Well it has a lousy fps, let's release it anyway"

My advice don't buy it now untill it's fixed for the PS4

Between 15 and 20 fps on my PS4 on the island itself because of the fog (which is basically everywhere)

Well that's a damn shame if that's a universal issue :(

MMaRsu

Banned
Was there a thread about a modder releasing the entire expansion as a mod, and how about 800 people downloaded it before Bethesda took it down? Funny story

The Flash

Banned

Geez. I've got this on Xbox so I bet it's even worse there.

MMaRsu

Banned

Ah typical Bethesda.

How do you have it already?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Any word on new settlements?

Is it bad that I hope not?

Sure, I hope there's new elements for people who like that sort of thing, but I'm kind of hoping Beth realizes the (relative) dearth of content for people who aren't especially into that sort of thing, and that Harbor is relatively packed.

Hoping for something with Point Lookout levels of quality.

JTripper

Looking forward to this. None of the minor pieces of dlc released for Fallout 4 so far did anything for me. Hopefully this will be the "Point Lookout" of this game, in more than one way.

The Flash

Banned
Is it bad that I hope not?

Sure, I hope there's new elements for people who like that sort of thing, but I'm kind of hoping Beth realizes the (relative) dearth of content for people who aren't especially into that sort of thing, and that Harbor is relatively packed.

Hoping for something with Point Lookout levels of quality.

It's a joke. You know the whole Preston-another-settlement-needs-your-help thing.

That framerate sounds damn bad. Sad, because it is pretty ok in the base game most of the time. Ah well, I'm still busy with Survival anyway, so hopefully when I eventually get it, it will have been improved.

Early previews suggest more intricate choices, speech/skill checks, decent bit of cool new items/weapons, and overall a good mod.

Why would anyone want to remember the second worst mainline Fallout is a mystery.

Yes, tastes and all that.

Well, personally, Fallout 3 is my favourite in the series. The isolation and overall feel of it is what does it for me.
New Vegas is great and all, but I don't feel isolated, I don't really feel like its a wasteland, just a desert, and people who don't know how to take care of buildings...I don't know if that really makes any sense, but isolation was a big part of why I enjoyed 3 so much. It was incredibly hard for me to put 3 down, but NV and 4 just don't stick with me like 3 did.

Fallout 4 is my least favourite, and I just want to enjoy the game :/

GavinUK86

Just arrived at Far Harbor. There's a little bit you do before getting there.

There is A LOT of fog so I'm not surprised the performance tanks on console. I actually had to dial back the shadow distance and god rays on a 970 to keep it at 60fps.

Fog seems to play into the story so I hope they fix the issues for console players asap.

So far so good. It's interesting.

I'm level 78 with 214 hours put into Fallout 4.

Can answer some things if anyone is still on the fence about buying it.

Well, personally, Fallout 3 is my favourite in the series. The isolation and overall feel of it is what does it for me.
New Vegas is great and all, but I don't feel isolated, I don't really feel like its a wasteland, just a desert, and people who don't know how to take care of buildings...I don't know if that really makes any sense, but isolation was a big part of why I enjoyed 3 so much. It was incredibly hard for me to put 3 down, but NV and 4 just don't stick with me like 3 did.

Fallout 4 is my least favourite, and I just want to enjoy the game :/

Don't worry, you don't need to explain. Tastes are different.

Aurongel

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Thankfully you can dial some of those effects back from the launcher (God rays and shadow distance) but it's still unacceptable. I honestly doubt they'll fix it because those effects have been MASSIVELY taxing ever since launch.

Thankfully you can dial some of those effects back from the launcher (God rays and shadow distance) but it's still unacceptable. I honestly doubt they'll fix it because those effects have been MASSIVELY taxing ever since launch.

Looks like I made the OT too soon, title should have been "15 fps boogaloo" ;))))))))))))))))))))

Tigress

Why would anyone want to remember the second worst mainline Fallout is a mystery.

Yes, tastes and all that.

I'm just curious what your first is? I love all of them, but, come to think of it, for me 3 was second worst too... but I'm going to get flamed by some one, 1 was my least favorite (2 on the other hand was my 2nd favorite). *DUCKS*. I guess I'm surprised cause I find most people who didn't like three (not just it's not my favorite fallout like me) usually have it as last (if 4 isn't I guess).

I don't know where 4 falls in cause I find it a worse RPG/Fallout than 3 but as a game overall I do think I enjoy it more than 3. So I really don't know where to place it in my list of least to most favorite Fallouts. It's definitely behind New Vegas and 2 though (and above 1, sorry old school Fallout fans. I liked one ok but never really could get into it. And I tried. Hell, it was the first Fallout I tried to play and I have three different versions from three times in my life trying to play the game but just never got far).

But, on topic, I hear that this DLC does a lot of what I think 4 failed in so bad as an RPG/Fallout. I hear there is a lot of charisma checks that actually do affect the story and even skill checks. There's other issues I have with 4 but those are the two main issues that if they fixed, I'd be happy with it as an RPG/Fallout game (wouldn't be perfect but I would easily put it above 3 then. Hell, if they did it well enough, but I'm skeptical Bethesda has it in them, that could put it above even New Vegas. But I think they'd have to have better writers for that and also more free range to play whoever you want and not Bethesda's character. 4 is particularly bad about that and I blame the voice actor honestly. Without him/her I could still kinda fudge the limited dialogue options in my head to fit who I'm playing. well mostly). So if this DLC does what I hear it does, at least we have one DLC that makes 4 the game it should have been. I mean there is other stuff that could be better but for me they are small gripes I could overlook if the dialogue was better and ability to do stuff other than combat was there (and the ability to have something not combat related affect the quest storyline).

So I'm excited though I just started a survival character who isn't even close to being ready to do any DLC (and I hear it's best if you have met and gotten in with all the factions before you start Far Harbor). And I don't really want to be trying to play two characters at once (I haven't finished the story on my original character).

MattyG

Banned
I already have those two way down low. I feel like I almost should just turn godrays off at this point. On anything above medium they tank my framerate, and anything below ultra makes certain lighting conditions super pixelated.

For whatever reason it's not downloading on steam for me despite being added. I tried rechecking it with no luck. Am I missing something?

Corpekata

Banned
For whatever reason it's not downloading on steam for me despite being added. I tried rechecking it with no luck. Am I missing something?

It's only out in Europe, so you'd need to VPN to download it now.

Presuming you're American by the avatar, that is.

I'm on PS4 but maybe Steam isn't allowing pre-loading?

I guess not, but I just saw it unlocks in 3 hours.

It's only out in Europe, so you'd need to VPN to download it now.

Presuming you're American by the avatar, that is.

Yeah, thanks. I did a VPN to download the main game upon release, but might as well wait three hours. I'm doing Survival mode and I'll probably be under leveled anyway.

MattyG

Banned
Fah Hahbah*
There better be a character that talks like a Mainer.

"Holy fuckin shit bub, I just came from Fah Hahbah and wouldnyaknow, they got sum fuckin synths up theah. Well I saw that shit and it put me right out straight, I fuckin booked it outta theah, thought I'd come grab my truck 'n' do some muddin instead, fuckin lot bettah than that shit, I tell you what."

I'm just curious what your first is? I love all of them, but, come to think of it, for me 3 was second worst too... but I'm going to get flamed by some one, 1 was my least favorite (2 on the other hand was my 2nd favorite). *DUCKS*. I guess I'm surprised cause I find most people who didn't like three (not just it's not my favorite fallout like me) usually have it as last (if 4 isn't I guess).

I don't know where 4 falls in cause I find it a worse RPG/Fallout than 3 but as a game overall I do think I enjoy it more than 3. So I really don't know where to place it in my list of least to most favorite Fallouts. It's definitely behind New Vegas and 2 though (and above 1, sorry old school Fallout fans. I liked one ok but never really could get into it. And I tried. Hell, it was the first Fallout I tried to play and I have three different versions from three times in my life trying to play the game but just never got far).

But, on topic, I hear that this DLC does a lot of what I think 4 failed in so bad as an RPG/Fallout. I hear there is a lot of charisma checks that actually do affect the story and even skill checks. There's other issues I have with 4 but those are the two main issues that if they fixed, I'd be happy with it as an RPG/Fallout game (wouldn't be perfect but I would easily put it above 3 then. Hell, if they did it well enough, but I'm skeptical Bethesda has it in them, that could put it above even New Vegas. But I think they'd have to have better writers for that and also more free range to play whoever you want and not Bethesda's character. 4 is particularly bad about that and I blame the voice actor honestly. Without him/her I could still kinda fudge the limited dialogue options in my head to fit who I'm playing. well mostly). So if this DLC does what I hear it does, at least we have one DLC that makes 4 the game it should have been. I mean there is other stuff that could be better but for me they are small gripes I could overlook if the dialogue was better and ability to do stuff other than combat was there (and the ability to have something not combat related affect the quest storyline).

So I'm excited though I just started a survival character who isn't even close to being ready to do any DLC (and I hear it's best if you have met and gotten in with all the factions before you start Far Harbor). And I don't really want to be trying to play two characters at once (I haven't finished the story on my original character).

To me, worst by far is F4. I'm not really a fan of F1 and playing F2 right after it made me not want to come back even more, but F4 is on a whole new level.

Hopefully the major DLCs will boost my opinion of this game.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's a joke. You know the whole Preston-another-settlement-needs-your-help thing.

Ah.

I know some people really, really like the settlement thing, more power to them, but its not for me.

Early previews suggest more intricate choices, speech/skill checks, decent bit of cool new items/weapons, and overall a good mod.

Woot. Cautiously optimistic.

Top Bottom