• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: Far Harbor IOTI Point Lookout 2: Synthetic Boogaloo

Hip Hop

Was able to get into the beta of this DLC like 2 weeks ago and it has definitely changed the game up for me for the better. Still haven't finished it, but I've been enjoying a lot of it. Feels like Point Lookout at times.

GavinUK86

I just hope the best armor looks better than Robot armor and/or they have multiple "best armors"

In the latest video they talk about a marine armor that's the most powerful in the game. I've come across the helmet of the set already and it's pretty cool looking. Very expensive.

On Demand

Banned
"Activation
You must complete the main quest Getting a Clue before traveling to Far Harbor"

I've only done 4 main quest. Is that quest far in the game?

Valkrai

"Activation

Have you reached Diamond City? It's a few quests in there before you can play Far Harbor.

Corpekata

Banned
"Activation

No, it's in Diamond City. The DLC is connected to the companion Nick Valentine and that's the quest that introduces him.

MattyG

Banned
Just downloaded on Steam via VPN, about to start it up. Whooooooa, boy, I'm hyped.

"Activation

Not really. If you've met Nick Valentine then it's
the 2nd or 3rd quest related to him, I believe.
So pretty soon after you get to
Diamond City
if you're just following the main quest. (I'm only spoiler tagging to be safe.)

120v

i recently deleted my main save by accident... unsure whether to just dive into this or not. really don't feel like dicking around with the main game at the moment

On Demand

Banned
Oh. I don't remember the exact quest names but I did Valentine's quest and I'm able to use him as a companion. I just finished a quest where I had to find some guy.

Haven't really played the main story. I've been roaming around for over 100 hours.

Eusis

Oh. I don't remember the exact quest names but I did Valentine's quest and I'm able to use him as a companion. I just finished a quest where I had to find some guy.

Haven't really played the main story. I've been roaming around for over 100 hours.
You should be fine, I double checked and I'm a few quests past this one, now I need to
find some guy in the Glowing Sea or whatever it's called.

xkramz

Just downloaded on Steam via VPN, about to start it up. Whooooooa, boy, I'm hyped.

Not really. If you've met Nick Valentine then it's
the 2nd or 3rd quest related to him, I believe.
So pretty soon after you get to
Diamond City
if you're just following the main quest. (I'm only spoiler tagging to be safe.)
Hoop a brother up!

How to VPN again I forgot

MattyG

Banned
Hoop a brother up!

How to VPN again I forgot
Download flyvpn trial. Completely close Steam, then open flyvpn and login using one of the free logins. Then select the Australia or NZ server. Open Steam and the Far Harbor download should begin automatically. Once it's underway, exit out of the VPN, but leave steam open. Once it downloads and installs, you should be all set to open it and start playing!

I am back from a work trip late tomorrow and took Friday off. I was going to wait and finish the main game but I think I'll jump in after I finish the Mechanist quest line DLC which I think I'm half done

I'd love to know what people's RECOMMENDED minimum level is for this versus just "you can be any level"

Eg perhaps there are some minimum-level monsters that wont scale below a given level (like say level 30) that would be real trouble for a level 10 or so character for example. These could appear nearer the end of the content for example and not be immediately obvious.

Enemy types in Fallout 4 have level scaling but with minimum bounds, so you'll never see a mirelurk hunter lower than level 24 for example

MattyG

Banned
So I just did the first quest in Far Harbor, and being from Maine... I absolutely fucking love this. It's amazing.

Corpekata

Banned
Performance hit isn't too hefty on PC (though I use the default Ultra settings which leaves godrays at High). Lower than normal gameplay, but nothing like how bad Lexington ran around launch.

MattyG

Banned
Agh, the only thing that sucks is that godrays are always visible in the fog, so unless your rig can run them at ultra (which I don't think many can), you're going to have crazy pixelation. I may have to sacrifice my framerate and put them from low to high or just turn them off altogether and deal with it looking worse.

Ricker

The last patches for the first 2 DLC made the game pretty damn smooth on the PS4...I guess the fog messes things up now...? I bought the Season Pass before the price hike so I have it,I will try it tomorrow morning,hopefully its not the case otherwise I will wait to fully play it and see if they will patch it quickly.

N° 2048

Does this unlock in 20 minutes on steam?

Supposed to I believe.

Xbox One/PlayStation 4

The console release of Far Harbor will have a rolling midnight release worldwide, including 12 am ET for North America. Included in these release times are:
Australia/New Zealand - 12:01 am (AEST) on 5/19
Japan/South Korea/Rest of Asia - TBA
France/Germany/Italy/Spain 12:01 am (CET) on 5/19
UK 12:01 am (BST) on 5/19
Rest of World - 12:01 am (BST) on 5/19
North America - 12:01 am (ET) on 5/19

Steam

Australia/New Zealand - 12:01 am (AEST) on 5/19
Japan/South Korea/Rest of Asia - 12:01 am (Japan) on 5/19
France/Germany/Italy/Spain 01:01 am (CET) on 5/19
UK 12:01 am (BST) on 5/19
Rest of World - 12:01 am (BST) on 5/19
North America - 12:01 am (ET) on 5/19

well, it ain't up on psn. why'd they choose this shitty time to release?

I remember before they allowed pre-loading Watch_Dogs didn't even go up until 12:30 and then it was another hour or two to download.... fun times on PSN

not sure why they don't update their store and allow DLC pre-loading but oh well

Top Bottom