• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - Far Harbor Official Trailer

thenexus6

Looks neat, however the game is such a chore and clunky to play for me.. I'll check it out but probably won't end up finishing it.

Killzig

That trailer didn't do anything for me, sadly.

But since I bought the season pass, I'm playing it anyway.

Same.

Looks incredibly drab and very run-of-the-mill in terms of content.

Few new weapons, slight variations of existing enemies... a cult. It sure is a Bethesda DLC.

Yeah, that NPC
Synth?
talking about the lost opportunity for peace doesn't give me much hope.

Nazo

We got that weird Tesla variant of the T-60 in Automatron, but it's still the T-60. I want to find an abandoned Enclave base on Far Harbor with Hellfire armor in it or something.

I'ed love that too, I just don't think we'll see a brand new kind of power armor that we've never seen before like the Hellfire armor. Witch is a shame really. I don't know, I might just be bitter that there was never any new power armor in any of the New Vegas DLC so that might be coloring my outlook on things. I do desperately hope I'm proven wrong though.

I love the atmosphere, can't wait to play it.

Hopefully you don't need to beat the main quest in order to access it because I have very little interest in trudging through the rest of that.

jesu

Nice, looking forward to somewhere new to explore.
And I'll be packing my power armor this time.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Looks good. Here's hoping they upped their writing game for this and took feedback from FO4 reactions.
I always find it crazy that a company this big doesn't prioritize writing at all anymore, but I guess they figured out that the mass market don't mind.

I enjoyed Automatron, which retailed for $10, got a ton of value out of Wasteland Workshop which was $5. So if Far Harbor is good, it being $25 means I've already got my value/discount out of the $30 season pass. Anything else is a bonus.

Chabbles

I'll pick this up, looks like its got a kind of creepy atmosphere to it. Maybe it'll be 24/7 fog and mist, to varying degrees ofcourse. You need that low lying lingering mist and then the thicker fog to come rolling in. You gotta do it right see

schaft0620

I have a feeling that the final DLC will be announced at E3 along with a GOTY edition. I have high hopes for the final DLC, they are clearly saving it.

Moofers

My body is ready.

I hope there are some good settlements in there. I want to create some new forts and play tower defense.

hydruxo

Glad I didn't get the season pass, the first two packs didn't do much for me from what I've seen. Might get Far Harbor though. Digging the spooky atmosphere.

Spacejaws

Yeah, but it's actually very well written. The way Big MT and their research ties into the other DLC and even the main game is fenomenal.

Yea I think your getting the wrong vibe here. I'm sure he meant dumb as in like B-movie fun and wacky which I agree.

I also agree that Old World Blues was a fantastic expansion and in general the expansions in NV were worlds above Point Lookout.

Yeah, but it's actually very well written. The way Big MT and their research ties into the other DLC and even the main game is fenomenal.

Yea the dialogue was fun to read (for a while...), but not for one second did I ever feel immersed in that DLC. The writer's hand was so evident in everything. Couple that with the uninteresting area, and it was my least favorite DLC from NV.

I hope they do another Broken Steel type thing where the extend the main quest. The ending felt like the half way point.

I like how specific the monsters are in this

That deathclaw sized monster moves in such a creepy way and looks so nightmarish its glorious

And the lampray thing with its method of lurking and luring

Its a step up

Sotha_Sil

Expansions bring out the best in Bethesda: Tribunal, Bloodmoon, Shivering Isles, The Pitt, Point Lookout, and Dragonborn.

Shit, if that was their game lineup instead of Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4, they'd probably have a much better reputation on GAF. The expansions generally have much more creativity in terms of writing and world design.

Guevara

Looks just ok.

"Now the regular enemies have fishing nets on them!"
"Now the melee item is a fish hook!"
"New crab type enemies!"

I like FO4 a lot, but this looks kinda boring.

Trigger

Expansions bring out the best in Bethesda: Tribunal, Bloodmoon, Shivering Isles, The Pitt, Point Lookout, and Dragonborn.

Shit, if that was their game lineup instead of Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4, they'd probably have a much better reputation on GAF. The expansions generally have much more creativity in terms of writing and world design.

I agree. I wish Dragonborn was an actual part of the main game.

I.. I.. I think I like it? The trailer didn't really WOW me, but I'm excited for more content.

Wonder if you'll get to keep your stuff or start fresh?

Looks heavily story focused like expected, Betheda tends to do well on smaller and focused narratives, will play when I start a new game after console mods release.

Top Bottom