• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - Full Dialogue Interface Mod released

Yes, it's one of the 'gimped' things that people were (or still are) complaining about, finally 'fixed' by the modders.
You can find the mod here.

This mod makes the game display the full lines of what your character is going to say in conversation, instead of just a paraphrase.

1235-0-1447824523.png

1235-0-1447827599.png

No more paraphrasing!

I don't like reading something and then listening to someone say that exact same thing. 95% of the time, the options are "yes", "no", "sarcastic", and "more information".

They need to add an option to disable PC speech too, problem solved.

Problem solved!

It's too bad I don't have a decent PC. This makes me want one more than anything else.

Absolutely baffling Bethesda didn't do this from the start.

GavinGT

Banned
I don't like reading something and then listening to someone say that exact same thing. Also, 95% of the time, the options are "yes", "no", "sarcastic", and "more information".

I don't like reading something and then listening to someone say that exact same thing.

You can also turn off your characters voice in another mod right? Then you have a far superior game, and I say that as someone loving Fallout 4.

Edit: I thought I read that there was a mod to disable your voice, but I'm not 100% on that.

I don't like reading something and then listening to someone say that exact same thing. 95% of the time, the options are "yes", "no", "sarcastic", and "more information".

You can also turn off your characters voice in another mod right? Then you have a far superior game, and I say that as someone loving Fallout 4.

wellthereitis.apng

There's only 4 dialogue options per conversation?

There are options that can be branched to more options if you choose the 'right' one.

Problem solved!

Sarcastic

Sarcastic

Sarcastic

I want a mod that removes every option besides sarcastic. Fallout 4 dialogue is so bad it almost doesn't matter, but I'm real tired of choosing something like, "My Son" and getting "They.... they took my baby.. those bastards... they took my child!!!"

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
-> Sarcastic

Yuck, reading full sentences is a crusty old artifact of last gen that needs to die.

sangreal

this mod misses the point. it's not that the options are dumbed down to one word answers that are later broken out into sentences (though you'd think companies would have learned not to do this after la noire). it's that the options all do the exact same thing

also, the lack of skill or trait-based options other than charisma

still, this is an improvement

213372bu

Banned
Great, no longer accidentally telling someone to fuck off or skipping dialogue branches.

Now to fix NPCs disliking the fact that you want to know more about a faction...

Hopeford

No joke, this is a complete game changer for me. I know this might sound silly but I derived a lot of my amusement in New Vegas/3 from dialogue options I never even picked but liked reading out, laughing to myself and being so glad that they were an option. Actually knowing what is gonna be said is a big improvement for me, personally.

Nothing against what they did before, this is just so good for my tastes.

skyhaven

Neo Member
I don't like reading something and then listening to someone say that exact same thing. Also, 95% of the time, the options are "yes", "no", "sarcastic", and "more information".

Ya, I really prefer if my guy say something I totally not meant from my dialogue choices. It's more immersive that way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I understand the dialogue options complaints since they are clearly reduced compared to previous games but this thing about the voice acting baffles me.

I kind of want Link to be voiced next, imagine the outrage o_O

There's only 4 dialogue options per conversation?

Worse, the majority of those four options are basically like the poster above you said, where you can agree, not agree, sarcastically not committed but people would assume you agree anyway, and ask for meanings in terms after which people would assume you agree.

darklin0

Banned
this mod misses the point. it's not that the options are dumbed down to one word answers that are later broken out into sentences (though you'd think companies would have learned not to do this after la noire). it's that the options all do the exact same thing

That right there! That was one of my favorite parts of 3/NV. Now the only thing that matters is charisma. (for the most part) :[

KingBroly

Banned
Worse, the majority of those four options are basically like the poster above you said, where you can agree, not agree, sarcastically not committed but people would assume you agree anyway, and ask for meanings in terms after which people would assume you agree.

Seems more like a game problem than an interface problem to me.

it's gonna take some time before we get there dude. right now, its a good step/start interface wise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You just press the A button 99% of the time because why wouldn't you.

Because Y is usually the "give me more information so this conversation at least doesnt last 10 seconds" option

But after seeing a sarcasm female video, I now wish I always chose sarcasm, its amazing :(

Cloyster

Banned
This is better, but it's still stuck with horrible writing and really not that much variety of options, and there also aren't any skill checks because skills don't exist anymore. So it still sucks.

Zolo

I understand the dialogue options complaints since they are clearly reduced compared to previous games but this thing about the voice acting baffles me.

I kind of want Link to be voiced next, imagine the outrage o_O

Less options is a result from the voice acting protagonist.

Soltype

There are options that can be branched to more options if you choose the 'right' one.

Problem solved!

Wow I thought that was just the interface and you could switch to another 4.I guess voice acting did more harm than good.

Steel

Banned
Because Y is usually the "give me more information so this conversation at least doesnt last 10 seconds" option

But after seeing a sarcasm female video, I now wish I always chose sarcasm, its amazing :(

The problem is asking a question with Y normally advances the conversation the same as A or B though. Like 10% of the time it's not the case. It's really annoying.

This is a nice upgrade. It doesn't fix the shitty dialogue or lack of roleplaying options, but it's better than seeing vague choices and hearing poorly acted voice work.

Rhaknar

This is a nice upgrade. It doesn't fix the shitty dialogue or lack of roleplaying options, but it's better than seeing vague choices and hearing poorly acted voice work.

Female voice is great, I'll fight you!

Zukuu

Banned
I'm some 74 hours into the game already, but I will install this ASAP. Haven't done much of the main mission, so it will come in handy. The biggest improvement is that you can now finally use "1-4" to select the dialogue!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I think a lot of us were worried dialogue would take this kind of hit. It sucks that our worries were 100% validated.

Dialogue is my favorite aspect of RPGs, so, like.

Fuck.

Steel

Banned
I only played male, so I'll concede on that point. But the male voice work was not good, I ended up manually skipping the awkwardly voiced lines when I could.

Honestly, the female voicework doesn't sound great either. Sounds like she had larengitis for half the lines, and I like what the voice actress did with Jack in Mass Effect.

Top Bottom