• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

I'm so glad I cancelled my Pipboy edition. It just looks so bad.

I should have the game on Thursday though.

I don't know, I think it looks alright.

Saw two seconds of 'that' clip and stopped. I need this fucking game man. Just over a week to go.

Yeah watched that middle clip for a couple seconds and that's all I really needed to see which was too much honestly. No more for me!

Yea i saw one second of a clip and saw the comments and bailed. I just want footage WITHOUT STORY SPOILERS but i guess that's a lot to ask for since the game is in the wild now.

Just one more week omg.

90a5442391c143173baf1fd82e5b2449-10-gifs-of-soon-moments-in-games.jpg

Tovarisc

I think I made huge mistake by posting that link :/ I turned this thread into active minefield that only needs one sloppy post.

Sorry guys! :(

rjinaz

Sounds like some major spoilers are out there?

TAKE. FUCKING. COVER.

Well, opening game stuff. Not sure if it qualifies as major, guess it depends on who you ask because generally I'm ok with seeing the beginning of a game but nothing more than that. Though right now I'm leaning towards trying to be spoiler free as possible.

MattyG

Banned
Well, opening game stuff. Not sure if it qualifies as major, guess it depends on who you ask because generally I'm ok with seeing the beginning of a game but nothing more than that. Though right now I'm leaning towards trying to be spoiler free as possible.
Ah, okay. I want to be relatively fresh too, so I'll avoid it. In terms of leaks, I've seen the screenshots, and a couple seconds of
Vault 111
footage and
prologue
footage, but that's it.

Trickster

Skimmed the last few pages and saw some mention about the dialogue system being simplified or something?

Is it essentially confirmed that the dialogue aspect of the game has been toned down/simplified compared to earlier Bethesda games? Hope not :(

Skimmed the last few pages and saw some mention about the dialogue system being simplified or something?

Is it essentially confirmed that the dialogue aspect of the game has been toned down/simplified compared to earlier Bethesda games? Hope not :(
I'm hoping if that's the case that more options open as you increase your charisma.

The Argus

Are we really not getting mod support until next year on the PC? Guess that gives me time to play through once with what Bethesda wanted me to do and see. And then in 2016 things get wacky.

Edit: Damn there are already leaks and spoilers aplenty. I can't wait until everything is digital only, this shit is getting annoying this generation.

Tovarisc

Allegedly you have very limited amount options to choose from and you can only select one option / branch, there is no going back to pick others.

For e.g. leaker had three options. To tell NPC how she found NPC, not to tell NPC how she found NPC and ask about NPC's background. She decided to ask about NPC's background, like any decent RPG player would, and this choice ended quest. She never got option to choose between telling or not telling.

So, when's the time to start scouring mom and pop stores for early copies? Anyone have a good guesstimate on when they'll get shipments in this week?

Depends where you live, I guess. South-America and Spain has been leaking since Friday, afaik.

JackEtc

So, when's the time to start scouring mom and pop stores for early copies? Anyone have a good guesstimate on when they'll get shipments in this week?

Pretty much confirmed. It's a big disappointment.

In other news, I think I'm bailing out of GAF for the next week; want to avoid location spoilers as best I can. See you all in the OT.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This whole post makes my point of "Maybe RPG's aren't for you".

So glad you can determine my gaming tastes by a few comments on a message board.

There is many reasons why quite many view Skyrim as RPG-Lite because how shallow certain mechanics are for what is supposed to be RPG. When you have less depth in dialogue system in your RPG than BioWare then you may have fucked up and went to too shallow end of pool, imo.

I didn't know there were technical specifications on what made an RPG. You'd think in this day and age were games consistently blurred the lines that we'd be beyond these pedantic labels.

Whole point of extensive and deep dialogue is to give you those side branches to pick and go through. These usually flesh out character that you are talking with, flesh out world and event etc. aka add immersion and lore into RPG. It doesn't matter that you end up at same ending point as player who skipped all side branches. Making dialogue system very shallow in amount of choices and depth with basically only critical bullet points to click on you will be distancing more hardcore RPG crowd.

You can maintain extensive and deep dialogue options even if you VA it and streamline UI.

Maybe it's direction where Bethesda wants to go with their RPG's, make them RPG-Lites that appeal to mass market more.

Go it. "Shallow" dialog options, or no dialog options mean you're RPG-lite. Guess non-Western developers like Square-Enix and Bandai-Namco should just pack it in. Oh wait.

Yea. That clip with
"I'm not letting you take Shaun. . .
- I leapt for my mouse to try and close the page, damn thing went unresponsive. I didn't hear all of it, but definitely for those who haven't clicked on it and you want to remain spoil free, don't tempt yourself. The quality is garbage anyway and not worth it.

Trickster

Allegedly you have very limited amount options to choose from and you can only select one option / branch, there is no going back to pick others.

For e.g. leaker had three options. To tell NPC how she found NPC, not to tell NPC how she found NPC and ask about NPC's background. She decided to ask about NPC's background, like any decent RPG player would, and this choice ended quest. She never got option to choose between telling or not telling.

Ew, gross. Biggest dissapointment so far

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I can hardly tell what's going on in the video. What's the spoiler?

It's a spoiler about
your family, near as I can tell. I heard the mother scream "You're not taking Shaun!" and immediately closed the video.

The ones with the Pip-Boy icon are fairly safe. Just a potato quality view of the map (one assumes zoomed out); of course we have no idea of scale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Who the fuck wants to repair weapons, what an outdated mechanic"

Game has no repair

"Casuals won again, Bathesda sold out"

Ah internet... next up, encombrance :p

rjinaz

These were probably considered spoilers, putting it in the proper thread now.

Anybody want to create a FO general spoilers thread? That other one is gameplay focused which is entirely different. It might be time, seems like the leak has sprung sort of speak.

Disxo

It's a spoiler about
your family, near as I can tell. I heard the mother scream "You're not taking Shaun!" and immediately closed the video.

The ones with the Pip-Boy icon are fairly safe. Just a potato quality view of the map (one assumes zoomed out); of course we have no idea of scale.

Why curiosity WHY!!??
Guess I should abandon the thread now.

rjinaz

Yeah suggested this last page and was ignored pretty much.

Nobody wants to do it. Don't blame them, I don't like making threads myself. Probably worried it will get deleted because of the other spoiler thread. Well I think it's inevitable, we'll get more leaks soon enough no doubt.

rjinaz

"Who the fuck wants to repair weapons, what an outdated mechanic"

Game has no repair

"Casuals won again, Bathesda sold out"

Ah internet... next up, encombrance :p

Well I mean you can see in this very thread people want different things. There were plenty of "good" and there was also a little of "I'm disappointed". It's impossible to please everybody, it just is while making changes and even no changes will make people unhappy.

Nobody wants to do it. Don't blame them, I don't like making threads myself. Probably worried it will get deleted because of the other spoiler thread. Well I think it's inevitable, we'll get more leaks soon enough no doubt.

Maybe we should just make that other thread into a complete spoiler thread? Not sure if they'll be cool with us having two spoiler threads.

Yeah not blaming anybody just think it's around that time we need a proper spoiler thread.

Maybe we should just make that other thread into a complete spoiler thread? Not sure if they'll be cool with us having two spoiler threads.

I think this would be a good idea personally.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why curiosity WHY!!??
Guess I should abandon the thread now.

Yea. I honestly think the guy should take the account down. The previous leakers knew what they were leaking; this guy is straight up dropping unmarked story details. That's going to make being on the internet for the next seven/eight days very dangerous.

I think this would be a good idea personally.

Bad idea. Story spoilers and Gameplay spoiler are of totally different classes. Knowing the Perk Chart and knowing you've been cloned with Hitler DNA is quite another. Smashing them all together would be a mess.

Tovarisc

Bad idea. Story spoilers and Gameplay spoiler are of totally different classes. Knowing the Perk Chart and knowing you've been cloned with Hitler DNA is quite another. Smashing them all together would be a mess.

Way to spoil Fallout 4 bro <.<

----

Apparently we need pick our SPECIAL spread blindly, assuming we don't get our hands on Perks list early on to see final descriptions + layout.

Tigress

Bad idea. Story spoilers and Gameplay spoiler are of totally different classes. Knowing the Perk Chart
and knowing you've been cloned with Hitler DNA is quite another. Smashing them all together would be a mess.

Spoiler tag motherfucka, do you know how to use it?

(also, people quoting him should edit that for him.. that's where I almost got half the spoiler was from him being quoted. I managed to do it without reading all of that spoiler or at least more than I already had before I looked away).

Venture

Apparently we need pick our SPECIAL spread blindly, assuming we don't get our hands on Perks list early on to see final descriptions + layout.
Once you've played a little you will get a chance to redo your specials and probably your name too. I've heard it mentioned in some interviews.

rjinaz

(also, people quoting him should edit that for him.. that's where I almost got half the spoiler was from him being quoted. I managed to do it without reading all of that spoiler or at least more than I already had before I looked away).

I'm about 99.9% sure he was just joking.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Direct Capture Video:

More of the same stuff from the E3 presentation before war. the graphics look quite nice in motion. XB1 edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw7hUixAJ4w

Is Hitler even IN the Fallout universe?

Tovarisc

Once you've played a little you will get a chance to redo your specials and probably your name too. I've heard it mentioned in some interviews.

Call me crazy, but when I'm creating my characters I want do whole thing right once. I don't want to be forced to create trash character that I use to bumrush over content just so I can preview perks at level X or blindly roll SPECIAL stats, and pray I hit perks that I want early on.

Also hoping for reset at middle point, or something like that, is also stupid design.

Cloyster

Banned

Fucking. Awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom