• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 has gone gold; leaked gameplay vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phionoxx

The combat in vid 2 looked pretty good. Default FOV seems quite small though, going to have to fix that in the ini settings for PC. Maybe they will be kind enough to include a slider in the options menus though.

Aurongel

Well that was uhh... A revealing look at the full game.

I've already pre-ordered it on Steam but hoo boy do some parts of those videos look ROUGH.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The combat in vid 2 looked pretty good. Default FOV seems quite small though, going to have to fix that in the ini settings for PC. Maybe they will be kind enough to include a slider in the options menus though.

I was thinking the same thing when watching it in full-screen.

If i read right, the weapon perks are divided in: melee, automatic, non-automatic, pistols, energy and radiation. Is that correct?

Looks that way, though I missed what the grenade counted under when he was moving through the inventory screen in the 1st combat vid, explosive might also be its own category.

ymgve

*dog casually walks around when on fire*

yep this is a bethesda game

c4jt321.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ive never played any Bathesda game with mods. I know I know... anyway I've seen plenty of modded Elder Scrolls stuff but never any FO3 / New Vegas stuff. Any popular youtube videos of modded stuff from these two that I could check?

Metroidvania

What is that tiny little red bar on the right of your hp bar? Is it radiation?

Yes.

Radiation works in this game by lowering your max health until you get the radiation removed, instead of the penalties it gave in FO3/NV.

Nere

An interesting thing I noticed from the video is that (might be a spoiler for some)
the super mutant is actually talking and taunting the player I thought they will be retarded like the F3 ones not the smart ones like FNV

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
An interesting thing I noticed from the video is that
the super mutant is actually talking and taunting the player I thought they will be retarded like the F3 ones not the smart ones like FNV

They getting to big for their britches. I can't wait to sneak up on that one from behind and get a stealth kill.

Smoolio

So it is looking like you can't choose between Lady Killer and Man Hunter regardless of gender. But also that they don't unlock new dialogue, only increase the chance of success. So 10 charisma build here I come.

Metroidvania

so, uh...(perk related spoiler)
Idiot Savant (the one with the random 3x XP with greater % chance w/ low int) has 3 ranks....that could get pretty absurd in terms of compensating for a low int build

Nere

so, uh...(perk related spoiler)
Idiot Savant (the one with the random 3x XP with greater % chance w/ low int) has 3 ranks....that could get pretty absurd in terms of compensating for a low int build

Everyone making retarded characters confirmed:D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So how many points do we have in total to begin with?

Metroidvania

So how many points do we have in total to begin with?

21 free points - Technically 28, but can't go to zero in a SPECIAL stat.

gonna have some hard choices to make in the early game, depending on your build vs early game damage output/difficulty.

Wallach

21 free points - Technically 28, but can't go to zero in a SPECIAL stat.

gonna have some hard choices to make in the early game, depending on your build vs early game damage output/difficulty.

Yeah, though some of those do have level requirements on top of SPECIAL requirements so you can't get some of them out of the gates even if you stack a particular stat really high.

Rhaknar

2 more questions. Do you HAVE to take a perk in order to take the perk below it?

Like do you need to take the INT 7 perk in order to take the INT 8 perk, or can you skip it and go directly to the INT 8 perk, as ling as you have 8 INT obviously.

Second question is, when you level up you can either get a perk or a special point correct? Would it be better for early on to focus on getting your specials up to what you want in the end, so then you are free to get any perk you want later?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
2 more questions. Do you HAVE to take a perk in order to take the perk below it?

Like do you need to take the INT 7 perk in order to take the INT 8 perk, or can you skip it and go directly to the INT 8 perk, as ling as you have 8 INT obviously.

No. That would severely gimp build variety.

Second question is, when you level up you can either get a perk or a special point correct? Would it be better for early on to focus on getting your specials up to what you want in the end, so then you are free to get any perk you want later?

Correct. And I believe that's what many people will do.

Thanks for putting that together. Too bad he didn't go through the levels for each perk.

He only had one point. In the Character System video, they had many banked points. It's unlikely he would have been able to select more than one? Although that would be a dumb move as that would gimp pre-planning of perks.

Nere

Nope on the first you can pick whichever perk from a row you want starting from rank 1 ofc.

Correct on the second too and you are probably right aswell I will do the same too.

Wallach

You seem to be able to select any perk you have the SPECIAL requirement for, though like mentioned above some of them have level requirements on top of that. Seems like many of them don't have level requirements on the first rank but some of them do. Edit - Actually I'm not sure any of the rank 1 perks have level requirements, some of these the guy already has the first rank invested into.

Nere

Woah...how the hell am I just finding out about this? o.o

So...only customization comes from perks?

Yes but it isn't a big deal since there are perks that do exactly what the skills used to do. Oh and there are Boobleheads too still although nobody knows (I think) what they do now. Also they have confirmed skill books which also I think nobody knows what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom