• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fallout 4] Modding "Fallout 4". Mods and discussion within

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions. The higher FOV seems like it may help some, though D3DOverrider or not the mouse lag feels pretty awful.

I'm still suspicious the head bob is what makes me most queasy. If anyone finds a mod to disable it that would be amazing.

Hoping for a mod or Bethesda rebalance patch to stop AI who have grenades/molotovs to seemingly have infinite amounts of them, they just spam them. Only complaint I have with the combat gameplay. :/

Fjordson

While it may not be avoiding encumbrance entirely, you can just use

player.modav carryweight X

to help in that regard, i.e. give yourself a max carry weight of, say, 10000 or w/e the limit is.
This is one of the first things I did lol. Set it to a few thousand so I can just pick up everything. Glorious!

Pakoe

Changing the FOV for the weapon models doesn't work, there's one for the world and the other one changes the third person camera.

Impulsor

I cannot wait for a propper 21:9 ini tweak or a mod or whatever. Hud Stretching is horrendous.

I don't even udnerstand why, because the intro video was at 21:9 when I changed the settings in the ini and did not have a stretched image whatsoever....

jorimt

I posted about this on the performance thread, but I thought I'd post about it here as well, as it applies directly to the thread's subject...

Apparently, it looks like instead of having to make custom changes in the main ini files and setting them to read only, you can go to the Documents/My Games/Fallout 4/ directory and use the Fallout4Custom.ini to make them. So far, every change I've tried has worked by putting them in that file only; no read only, or modification to the other files required.

I haven't tested it extensively, but it seems to work. If that's the case for every change that can be made, it's a heck of a lot easier than modifying all those other files.

GavinGT

Banned
I want a mod that totally removes the visual glitches in the Pip Boy. They just make the menus even more frustrating than they already are.

Also, it'd be cool if I could drop little indicators on the map next to points I need to come back to later (like safes I can't yet unlock).

RK9039

Reshade is the only one I'm using atm, I tried using DPX on it and it seems to look pretty good. I'll try that texture one tonight.

I want a mod that totally removes the visual glitches in the Pip Boy. They just make the menus even more frustrating than they already are.

Also, it'd be cool if I could drop little indicators on the map next to points I need to come back to later (like safes I can't yet unlock).

what glitches? i dont see any myself

collige

Banned
Has anyone else tried running the game at > 60fps? I think it may have to do with my character getting stuck in animations, but I'm not sure.

While I don't think of console commands as mods, I still can't stand encumberance in any game. I get that its not realistic to carry around 80 rifles in your backback, but neither is shooting a mini-nuke at a bunch of ghouls. Except one is fun, where as having to micromanage an inventory is never fun to me.

Breads

Banned
Is there a fallout mod that zooms out the local map? I find it completely idiotic that they made it vicinity based and by such a large and useless degree. As it is right now it does not serve the function it used to and I have a hard time imagining what it can actually be used for with it's dramatically close range.

Blizzard

Banned
While I don't think of console commands as mods, I still can't stand encumberance in any game. I get that its not realistic to carry around 80 rifles in your backback, but neither is shooting a mini-nuke at a bunch of ghouls. Except one is fun, where as having to micromanage an inventory is never fun to me.
In Skyrim, I made myself do the slow trudge between a dungeon and town to sell stuff because I wanted to. In Fallout 4, I thought I might increase the weight limit...

...and after I did my very first dungeon and was promptly too heavy to run, that decided it for sure. :p

Is there a fallout mod that zooms out the local map? I find it completely idiotic that they made it vicinity based and by such a large and useless degree. As it is right now it does not serve the function it used to and I have a hard time imagining what it can actually be used for with it's dramatically close range.
I seem to recall the scroll wheel zooms a little on PC. I know there's SOME way to zoom, just maybe not enough for what you want.

Ploid 3.0

Hah funny to see the console commands in the mods list. That was one of the first things I saw someone do. Seemed so natural to them, it's a gamebryo game alright.

Ploid 3.0

Subbed for future use as a PS4 peasant.

Good luck, I figure this thread will be a bit frustrating for console players wanting mods. Like having no arms in a candy store, where everything has a wrapper. You'll get around to biting some of the candy, but a lot will be impossible.

I feel a console version of this thread should be made, when the console mods become available, to make the search easier and less annoying.

Ogimachi

OP is missing the rest of the lines to fix acceleration:

fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

Codiox

Did someone already patched VR support in it?
I mean, Skyrim got it, so this will also?

That would be awesome.

Ogimachi

Where do I add this, and what does it affect/where?
Fallout4.ini (my documents folder) and Fallout4_default.ini (steam folder)
Add these lines under [Controls], it'll remove mouse acceleration.

Also, I recommend this enough in the OP:
If you do not like that the horizontal and vertical mouse movement is different in Fallout 4 there is a quick and easy way to fix it. Simply open Fallout4.ini (located in C:Users[name]DocumentsMy GamesFallout4) and change the below:

fMouseHeadingYScale=.021
to
fMouseHeadingYScale=.03738

fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

Awesome. Thanks for this. Something still felt off after putting in the line from the original OP.

Has anyone used the enhanced wasteland preset yet? I might load it up when I get home today. I am using lightboost on my monitor and would like it to be a little more vibrant. Have it at 100hz so while it messed with the game speed a little I still prefer it to locking to 60.

Ibuki

Banned
Did anyone else do the Present Interval fix? It seems to have broken the animations in the game somewhat. The lockpicking is at hyperspeed and my character's mouth moves really fast. Anyone know what's up with that?

soultron

Banned
This game needs a better PC contoller set up for the UI. Bizarre to have to hit TAB to dismiss the Map screen I called with M. Crazy to have to hit ENTER so much. Stuff like those examples are only the beginning. Bleh.

Also, the pip boy UI is so confusing/cramped. I'm having a hard time understanding stuff like armour ratings (and having to swap through different damage/defense types is tedious) or figuring out what's a full suit that can have pieces equipped over top of it. There's also just so many damned screens that I wish the pip boy was full screen.

fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

sorry bout that!

It now reads like this. accurate?

Scroll down to [Controls], and under this add these below lines:
bMouseAcceleration=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

RK9039

ShowRaceMenu doesn't work, I wonder what the command is meant to be in this game. ShowSpecialMenu seems to be working though.

fixed.

Remove Mouse Acceleration

Getting rid of horrid mouse acceleration is in three steps as well. Start off with the Fallout4.ini file in My Games, and this time scroll down to “[Controls]”. Under there you need to add:

bMouseAcceleration=0

Second, the Fallout4Prefs.ini in the same folder, and under ‘[Display]’ add:

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1

Then finally you need to find the game’s install folder for Steam, which will be something like ‘X:\[your steam directory]\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4′ where X is the hard drive on which you install Steam games. In there you’ll also find a Fallout4Prefs.ini, and you need to add the same line under ‘[Display]’.

bForceIgnoreSmoothness=1

lazygecko

Would anyone tech-savy about graphics take an educated guess on if the resolution of some of the effects are moddable? Someone said they're rendered at 1/4th the resolution, and at times the pixelation looks so bad you'd think it was those glitch effects from Saints Row 4 or something.

If it's not, personally I think it might even be preferable to disable some of them. This feels like yet another one of those instances where we have some fancy new tech introduced prematurely and thus in a more crude manner, like ugly primitive LoD (prefered playing Oblivion with it disabled) or super low res dynamic shadows.

Top Bottom