• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

I wouldn't be a fan of that. I read that you apparently cannot chose to be a female in the main story. The way it was worded made it seem like there might be a secondary option for you to play a character you get to fully create, but the main story makes you play as a set character.

There was no real way to source it though, so it doesn't really mean anything.

Considering the casting leak was from a potential Actress for the female Player Character VA, I doubt they'll force a male protag.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I wouldn't be a fan of that. I read that you apparently cannot chose to be a female in the main story. The way it was worded made it seem like there might be a secondary option for you to play a character you get to fully create, but the main story makes you play as a set character.

There was no real way to source it though, so it doesn't really mean anything.

If that's the case then count me out. I can wait for Elder Scrolls.

Aikidoka

I think it's completely fair to critique the games graphics if don't think they look great. But then again, you also have people posting ugly ass moded FO3 screenshots and saying that those look better, or people saying they thought it was a mobile game based on the graphics.

yeah of course: Every side has people that hyperbolize and be irrational. It's just a bit arrogant to label people as "graphic whores" (or some other term) just because they have different preferences than you.

frontovik

Banned
It looks interesting. I finished Fallout 3 and enjoyed it, but did not delve into the expansions or New Vegas. I might wait for the STEAM sale.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
If that's the case then count me out. I can wait for Elder Scrolls.

i doubt Bethesda would exercise such poor judgement. Their Bethesda fanbase is made up of immersion fans and a chosen character would be so catastrophic that the governor of Maryland would have to declare a state of emergency.

i-Lo

I do wonder if people would have been happy if it retread the path of TW3 and shown off the ultra settings on PC version, market it as console footage right up until its review.

Can't say that the graphics are the best in the industry but for the first time in a long time it feels good to see a third party dev/publisher aren't actively engaging in misleading the greater chunk of their potential customers.

No Fallout game has looked as good as this. Fact.

Can't argue with a fact especially in its vanilla form.

rawd

Here's hoping they do another Collector's Edition like Fallout 3, which was the best CE Bethesda ever did and one of the best CE's in recent memory.

fallout-3-collectors-edition-20081028000625813_640w.jpg

Pipboy Bobblehead is here on my desk agreeing with me.

Vault boy

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I think we're getting our strings pulled a little. If we got to switch between before and after, then why not just try to stop the bomb in the first place?

I really don't know if I believe it. It could be a possible rumor at the expense of a joke.

Valnen

What type of RPG is this?

It gots real time shoting right?

Not like that garbage Valkyria Chronicles turn based?

I...have no words. I hate modern gamers.

Turn based is awesome and should never die. Ever. In fact, I think they should go back to turn based for Fallout 4.

gate777

My fallout 3 disc cracked for my ps3 so I didn't get to experience it fully. I don't have a PS4 (yet) but I think I'll wait until all patches are released and either the game is stable or I'll wait for the GOTY edition. Either way, looks great so far!

Corto

What type of RPG is this?

It gots real time shoting right?

Not like that garbage Valkyria Chronicles turn based?

It has real time shooting and an optional roll-dice sort of turn based system (VATS) similar to Valkyria Chronicles.

This game is so beautiful. It seriously gave me chills the first few times watching the trailer.

Fallout 4 is finally here.

Can't wait for E3!!!

legacyzero

Banned
The DLC from FO3 was pretty amazing as well. One of my most vivid Fallout memories was that quest line in 'Point Lookout' which involved tracking down a missing spy and blowing up a sub....cant remember if it was one of the main quests or side quests, but it was just godlike in its narrative

Very much so. Point Lookout especially. Damn good.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The DLC from FO3 was pretty amazing as well. One of my most vivid Fallout memories was that quest line in 'Point Lookout' which involved tracking down a missing spy and blowing up a sub....cant remember if it was one of the main quests or side quests, but it was just godlike in its narrative

Point Lookout was by far the best thing Bethesda has done Fallout-related.

Kieli

graphics are absolutely fine

id be far more upset at vertical slice/bullshot trailer or CG render with "HURR DURR PS4 CAPTURE" lies.

There's something ironic and a bit stupid about complaining about "graphic whores". If graphics don't mean much to you, then why should it bother you if someone criticises them?
I hear you and that makes sense

That said, if this was released only on the 360 and PS3 I'd still be just as excited

Top Bottom