• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Haunted

I do hope the bits and pieces of pre-nuclear time aren't just made for the trailer and for flavour, I think that'd be a great venue to explore and contrast as well.

If you can go into interiors without a load that is a big step though.
Oh god yes, after Witcher 3's seamless indoor/outdoor transitions, I don't think I could go back to black loading screens for any fucking little hovel in the wilderness.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
It is rather odd that the worse looking part of the trailer is the MC. Everything else looks at least good to great, but MC sticks out like a sore thumb.

Lanrutcon

So the graphics look pretty out of date. Not too great on that front. But, it's Fallout and we're all suckers for a bit of dirty open world hijinx.

So bring it on.

Pilgrimzero

Vault 11, isn't that the one where people had to sacrifice themselves to the computer? It was all a test and all they had to do was not obey and they would have been released.

Anyways, I hope this has a part that's played before the war, that would be sweet.

Zaph

It's the Final Fantasy game we're never getting

f5bJqw6.gif

daveo42

Banned
That looks fantastic! Interesting since it seems like maybe you get to play through a section of the game prior to the bombs dropping with all the scenes of people going to the vault intermixed with the dog running around the wastes.

Anyone have an idea on location based on the trailer?

Red Hood

Banned
Looks great! Luckily a lot more colourful than the dull pallet from Fallout 3 and it seems to be having a lot more environmental variety as well. I'm excited.

Fantastic trailer.

The beginning didn't look great as I don't think the engine holds up well to closeups of textures etc, but the later scenes from the world look absolutely fucking gorgeous.

And that music. Oh god. Oh god

Hold me.

Omikaru

Looks great. I don't want to think how much this game would cost for us to buy if it had the kinds of graphics some of the moaners are expecting.

Just give me the gameplay and immersion of FO3/New Vegas, and I'm in.

Auctopus

Love how the hivemind tells me what I can and cannot like about games thesedays.

Anyone who says these graphics are anything but underwhelming and disappointing is lying to themselves.

Why does the dog have flat textured fur?

I agree but this is a reveal thread and people are excited about the game so there's no point in laying in to the game right now. People are allowed to like something especially as this looks like more of the same of Fallout 3 so this is probably sending people crazy right now.

Nice trailer for sure, am definitely hyped for the game.

But yeah it looks like a Skyrim mod and the animations seem slightly improved but still poor.

I hope if/when they show gameplay at E3 we get to see fools getting wrecked with a power fist. Loved the trailer, seeing that Bethesda still isn't great at making characters move fluidly is almost endearing.

Top Bottom