• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Nick_C

I think the most important take away is that Ron Perlman has not been replaced. I guess Bethesda sees the value in tradition.

Who wants on the Hype Train?

0kUqrpk.jpg

You better believe I do.

I wonder how dialogue will be set up now that there is a voiced protagonist. Will it stay first person, or switch to third person like Mass Effect and The Witcher?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Meh, not a big fan of the Bethesda games tbh. The world and characters in Skyrim and Fallout always look so sterile and lifeless if you know what I mean.

Not to mention the horrible combat system.

Lol if people say this looks like FO3/New Vegas, I think you should go replay both of them unmodded again. I did, recently. This looks way better.

But again, I don't know what people expect graphically from Bethesda. They've never produced graphically good looking games - aesthetically yes, but no in in technical terms. Why is there so much surprise with FO4?

Graphics from Bethesda is one of the last things I'd expect.

Don't see how this isn't cross gen since its lacking alot of detail but all I really care about is its fallout 4 and I hope Bethesda took some writing tips from obsidian.

Maybe they opted for slightly less detail and more "open" like Witcher 3, where there's no loading between inside and outside, something we haven't had in Bethesda's games before. I feel like that adds a lot in the Witcher, so I hope like hell it's the case in this.

Wow, the graphics are pretty awful, especially the skin on the dog, yikes. Still looks awesome, though! But given how bad the graphics are this has to be cross-gen.

chozen

I'm impressed , I personally don't care too much about the graphics cause i'm sure what they have planned for the gameplay will be major additions and improvments. Though it does pale in comparison to the fallout 3 trailer with the Black/White Commercial then cuts to gameplay. Good day though.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Looks good. My wife is going to go apeshit when she sees this. She's beaten Fallout 3 and New Vegas so many times, on our Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. I swear she's sunk over 500+ hours in each game. It's insane. I think I've beaten them once each. Lol

I could see her wanting this on PC for the mods, whereas I'm a console guy.

knitoe

After playing Witcher 3 with hairworks, the dog looks wrong without flowing fur. Please have it for the PC version.

Lothars

I'm not laying into it, just bored of people telling me I can't talk about how bad the graphics are.

I'll wait for screenshots or gameplay but as a fan of Elder Scrolls and the modern Fallout games I am disappointed.
Talk about how bad you think the graphics are, I don't think they are bad at all. so it's all opinions.

I disagree, I've been hoping for a voiced protagonist in their games for a long time now.

To me, it just makes character creation more limited.

And the benefits of having a voiced PC usually comes when you have a super cinematic game, which Bethesda games have never been. So all you'll end up with is more limited writing due to having the voice acting dependency. And its not like Bethesda games have brilliant writing to start out with anyway.

Majukun

That...was disappointing.

Was expecting much more for a current gen only game, looks-wise.
Let's just hope the gameplay is a godsend!

look it this way..if it was great looking,it would have probably been downgraded before release...i still think it looks good but i'm not in any way a graphic guy...if it's not impressive now,it's possible it will look better further in development and with proper optimisation..you know..how it should be instead of showing an impossible to achieve prototype and then start developing the real game

Top Bottom