• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4 [Reddit Rumor = Ban]

Looks like they made concessions in the visual department to provide more scope and depth. I think I'm okay with this.

For a world I'm going to spend hundreds of hours in, that is one sacrifice I'm more than willing to accept. The environments looked so damn detailed in that trailer.

Not gonna act like I'm not disappointed that they're still using that old-as-dirt engine, though.

Duraigo

My name is Duraigo, and today I will be your conductor for this Hype Train. Please have your ticket ready.

0kUqrpk.jpg

Ashkeloth

Graphics look bad. Voiced protagonist is bad news for me personally, since it doesn't feel like it'd work great with the desolate, lonely feeling exploring in Fallout can give sometimes.

The only way these graphics are really even decent for this generation is if they eliminated the loading screens between indoors and outdoors, or at least between towns and the overworld.

Otherwise the game looks like another Fallout game. Whether it's good or not isn't going to be determined by a ~3 minute trailer as much as the quality of the writing and world. I'm cautiously interested for now.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It looks like there is a more developed city locale, which is something I am happy to see.

Wow, the graphics are pretty awful, especially the skin on the dog, yikes. Still looks awesome, though! But given how bad the graphics are this has to be cross-gen.

So I'll just say this - comments like this are why we get trailers full of fancy graphics that don't end up like anything 99.9% of people can see.

I see some people saying the graphics are underwhelming, and I agree that they are, but I can still go back and play Fallout 3 and New Vegas and get lost in them, and this game looks leaps and bounds ahead of those games visually.

The somewhat big city looks great, and I'm really digging that hub. I dunno, this just so far looks like everything I've wanted from Fallout 4 in terms of what they can show in a reveal trailer. I'm already sold, but I can't wait to see the combat system.

The nice thing is that they are showing the game AS IS

No controversies this time. No downgrades

BondFancy

Hype is over 9000! Graphics are meh, but if the loading times are really quick/near non existent I'll happily overlook the graphics!

gAg CruSh3r

Looks fucking great!!! I want to inject this into my soul now!

People need to appreciate that it's fucking Fallout 4 and not bitch about its graphics. Everyone should be stoked for this game. Hell even if had last gen looks I would be fine with it.

Lothars

I wish we could stop excusing them like this.
I mean this is a company that sold over 25 million copies of Skyrim and millions of their previous games. They have the budget to create those amazing visuals. Especially now when they have some actual competition from CD Projekt and next year Warhorse.
I wish people would quit whining about the graphics being bad when they are really not but nope we are not going to get our wish.

Vault Dweller talking to the dog did it for me. A voiced character would be a welcomed change for a Bethesda game. I didnt think I would like it, but after Witcher 3, its just enhances the game so much.

nib95

Banned
Art direction and visuals remind me a lot of Destiny weirdly enough. Either way, it looks good, just not mind blowing.

OtisInf

I don't know... what we've seen in recent RPGs like the witcher 3 and also DA:I is graphics so beautiful and alive that Bethesda knew what they had to do. The trailer looks OK, they did improve the graphics of their engine compared to e.g. skyrim and animations are less clunky, but it's nothing spectacular. Did previous installments get limited by the 360's DVD limit and the low memory capacity of last gen consoles, today there's no excuse anymore to have graphics which aren't on par with recent offerings.

I loved FO3 and NV, and FO4 will likely be a great game, it's just a little disappointing Bethesda didn't manage to match CDPR's The Witcher3's graphics.

RPGCrazied

So we'll watch to see more. I imagine the average person wouldn't tune in unless they knew a game they wanted to see was going to be there.

They have plenty to share at E3. Still haven't seen the combat, but its pretty certain VATS will be in the game. Wouldn't be Fallout if its not here.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The dog needs hairworks immediately,it's awful.And i don't like nothing the art style for the graphics being too colorful.I like the tone of fallout 3 not a happy colorful end of the world.

*come in to the thread full of hype and excitement*
GAME LOOKS LIKE CRAP WHAT A PIECE OF SH-
*promptly leave*

GAF, GAF never changes.

That was totally Troy Baker at the end, right?

todahawk

Looks like pure shit, but whatever. Glad for another one that I will play for 10 hours. D:

I would even go as far and say that Call of Doggy Ghosts Dog looks better with it's animated chin.

Dude, seriously? Comparing an open world RPG to a FPS? smh

That was a strange trailer.

I'm excited because I love Fallout, but man, the graphical fidelity of the trailer was all over the place. Some shots looked excellent, other's looked... jeez.

Amused

It was good. I will play it. I will like it.

But I don't think it will be NV good. Seeing lots of Fallout 3 "coolness", and probably not a very big focus on internal logic as far as the worldbuilding goes.

Also feels a bit to... self important.

But i will like it. Probably a lot.

Also, we don't really know anyting yet.

Top Bottom