• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT| Atom Bomb Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

2 of the 3 deathclaws I have now killed were easy as fuck cause they, surprise surprise, got stuck in the scenery. Dat improved AI!

JoeNut

I'm stuck at the "First Step" quest. I've killed a lot of raiders inside the power plant but now I don't where the last one is... I'm searching inside the building but I really can't find anyone :/
Glitch ? Or hidden door somewhere ?

took me ages as well, there's a staircase in the middle that leads to the centre, and there were 2 guys hiding in one of the rooms on the staircase

Whompa02

Had a bug happen on character creation. Other than that it's been smooth sailing. PS4.

Love the game so far. Playing the game on HARD and definitely feels hard...

N° 2048

Oh I just read, that the storing-all-trash-function is bugged?!
If one item has multiple resources, the game only deducts the one resource needed and the others are lost cause the item is destroyed.

No don't think so, I'll keep an eye out myself.

Anyone encounter this?

Some stuff I noticed during playing that might be interesting :

General stuff:
- Some outfits also have SPECIAL boosts. For example, wear a fine suit und hat before an important conversation to increase your charisma level.
- All items and bodies will stay where you left them. If you forgot something somewhere - don't worry: you can go there later
- low intelligence + high luck and the Idiot Savant perk grant you high increases in XP and thus levelling faster
- You can probably skip parts of the main quest if you pay attention (if wanted I can detail that)
- Merchants restock and have money again after 24 hours
- Diving in water is upping your rad level rather fast
- hold A or X(PS4) to leave power suits
- hold B or Circle to enable your flashlight
- hold X or Square to holster your weapon (mind that attacking will use the weapon you just holstered, if you want to fight with your hands, you would have to unequip your weapon)
- Pressing X or Square while shooting in Vats will give you a criticial hit when your critical bar is full
- Radiation storms are beautiful

Settlements and crafting:
- When in front of a workbench, press X or Square to start transfering trash. Press Y or Triangle to move all your trash. The resources will automatically used - no need to scrap those items.
- Each Settlement has it's own inventory of resources
- You need to assign settlers to transfer resources if you want to have access to all your resources in every settlement. (You need the leadership perk for this)
- To assign jobs to settlers, enter building mode and approach a settler
- You can remove mods from weapons without scraping them
- You don't need to repair any gear outside of your power suit armor parts (you need a power suit station for this)
- If you need a particular resource, you can mark it within the crafting menu. This will cause a symbol appearing over trash items in the world that consist of that resource.
- Walls only snap to BUILT floors. The concrete floors you get after scraping a whole building don't act as a reference
- If you layer items and want to move one lower laying item, you move all on-top items with it

How do you repair? I can't seem to figure out how to do so. My armor is hanging off the station but I just found a raider head piece that is broken and says it needs to be repaired before it can be equipped.

shanafan

Fallout 4 is the first game I have played in the series. I have played up to
leaving the Sanctuary
, so I am not that far at all of course.

In the series overall, especially Fallout 3 and New Vegas, are there any connections between the games?

Had a bit of a surreal moment in Goodneighbor when I got into a firefight in the exact same spot the mayor was giving a speech, and no one gave a crap.

Ummmm.. Wat? Were you in third or first person holy shit?

What?
That's nice

It works only in first person it seems, maybe there's some other way with third person? no idea. I quickly recorded it, sorry about the bad quality, I quickly installed OBS and didn't configure for good quality. When I was fighting raiders earlier I discovered it by mistake. Will help so much in those tight buildings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhW-RLCT_mI

trillbo

Good lord the bugs and issues on PC.

Took me a few hours to fix the "stuck at terminals" bug (had to put monitor refresh rate to 120hz).

Now I have an issue where my walking is more like a full on sprint. I didn't mess with the .ini, so not sure why it's doing this.

Also, the voices and syncing are a mess. NPC's can't finish a sentence without them starting his next one, so they are talking over themselves.

Setting your monitor to 60Hz should fix all of that.

purg3

slept with Malkin
How do you get armor for Dogmeat? I was watching a stream last night where the guys Dogmeat had a bunch of armor, looked badass.

danowat

Banned
In the series overall, especially Fallout 3 and New Vegas, are there any connections between the games?

Potentially, yes, obviously the war and the bombs dropping is an over-arching story between them.

I would imagine there are at least Easter Eggs with nods to the previous games, if not outright references.

ekim

How do you repair? I can't seem to figure out how to do so. My armor is hanging off the station but I just found a raider head piece that is broken and says it needs to be repaired before it can be equipped.

At the power suit station. Don't know the exact button prompt but you have to park your power suit next to it and press the action button while facing the power station. in the menu there is a button for repairing.

Yam's

Might sounds dumb, but is there any way to know in what category each weapons fall to?

I have no idea what weapons are affected by perks like Rifleman, Gunslinger and Commando. For instance the 10mm gun, which would affect it? I'd think Gunslinger, but I wouldn't want to commit points without being certain.

Same goes for rifles, according to the wiki, Commando used to affect rifles in 3 and NV, but it would make more sense that Rifleman affect those now...

Anyway, I tried looking in the menus, but couldn't find any indication as which categories each weapons belong to, so if someone knows how I can check that info, any help would be appreciated.

One thing I struggle with on Bethesda games and RPG's is quest overload. How do you guys ensure you only take on a few quests at a time. If I have them in my PIP boy all there waiting my OCD will kick in and I will need to do them all which could burn me out.

Just try and stay with the main story if you can and if you are in a conversation and they ask you do to something, if you can just refuse.

br3wnor

Most of them are complaining about buying a physical copy on PC and still needing to download the majority of the game from Steam and they rated it 1 or 2 stars. Granted, if you are buying it not to download most of the game it's a valid complaint.

Absolutely, I bought the game through Steam and pre-loaded it so wasn't a problem, but had I purchased the physical PC copy and found out I still needed to download 20+gigs to actually play it, I'd be pissed. It's really bullshit that they can't dole out the extra manufacturing costs to have the entire game on the discs. I've bought physical copies of games in the past when I had a shitty internet situation so that I wouldn't have to wait 12 hours to download a game. Those 2 star reviews are well deserved especially if Besthedea didn't make it clear from the packaging that you'd need to download 75% of the game to play it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really should go get my power armor, Im swimming in fusion cores. but meh I like walking around without it

Hedrush

How do you add doors to your structure? I've got my 4 walls, a floor and a roof but when i try to add a door i can't place it anywhere, it just comes up red.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Search around, there will be something you can pickup, a password or something, that will unlock it.
I wasn't able to find this! Can anyone offer some more specific help about the
authorized personnel-only terminal in the Satellite dish place?

Machina

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble getting companions to use the weapons you give them? They always seem to just default back to their normal weapon

kris.

Banned
Pretty sad that Perlman didn't do the opening monologue, but
it was cool as hell to hear him as the news anchor at the beginning announcing that the bombs dropped.

Mikey Jr.

I really wish there was a way to freeze vats.

Also, another question. I'm on the fence about how deep I should go with settlements. Besides the "fun" of doing it, is there any real reward to it?
Is that reward worth the time you put in?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sheng, a kid in Diamond City who sells purified water and has a little task for you (its not even a side quest, just one of those misc things for caps) says hes a businessmen and lives alone since he was 8, and even goes to nightschool

if you go to the schoolhouse at night, there he is like he said taking classes. Fucking love little things like that

Alpende

Just made a little steel shack where I put all my crafting benches from the Sancutary in. Reinforced the bridge with turrets, searchlights and guard posts. Good luck raiders.

kris.

Banned
Sheng, a kid in Diamond City who sells purified water and has a little task for you (its not even a side quest, just one of those misc things for caps) says hes a businessmen and lives alone since he was 8, and even goes to nightschool

if you go to the schoolhouse at night, there he is like he said taking classes. Fucking love little things like that

Bethesda may not be great storytellers, but they nail little details like that so well. Like in Skyrim when Jarl Balgruuf sends soldiers to Riverwood, you can follow them as they make their trek all the way to Riverwood and post up there.

danowat

Banned
Cheers mate

No worries.

Being a bit of an old dude, I was completely non-plussed about this thing called Minecraft that the kids love, couldn't get my head around it.

After a bit of time in the building in FO4, I can sorta see the attraction......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom