• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Thewonandonly

Bad news - it's only good for fans of FO3.

Good news - there are a lot of them.
Highly disagree with these. I hated fallout 3 because the gun mechanics were ass, but this game makes the gun mechanics so much better. I would highly recommend everyone at least give this game a rent and if u love it you will be hooked.

abundant

I don't know if it is a bug, but if you purchase Overseer's Guardian, DO NOT upgrade it. The base version of it is stronger then any upgrades you add to it.

ZangBa

Overall I feel like this game has the best companions, but no single companion as good as Boone or Fawkes. God, I miss Boone.

Ken

I gave Paladin Danse a Powerful Super Sledge. Deathclaws don't stand a chance.

I gave Nick a sledgehammer to hold and he pulled it out on an Alpha Deathclaw so that was great.

Also has anyone noticed companions love miniguns? Piper and Nick have both grabbed one off an enemy and used it without my commanding them to.

pablito

Overall I feel like this game has the best companions, but no single companion as good as Boone or Fawkes. God, I miss Boone.

Boone da goat, and I like Rex more than Dogmeat. I can't remember if Rex can hold enemies like Dogmeat, but I felt like Rex was more vicious at least so far. Rex was killing Cazadors for me before I even saw them.

Hoping the people that made Willow do one for this game, too.

ManCannon

Fifty hours and finally hit my first bugged quest. After finishing the Castle he told me Sanctuary needed help and to go talk to the settlers. Problem is the icon for the quest appeared in the middle of nowhere on my map, way south of the actual settlement. I go there anyways and yup, find a corpse with a quest icon on it but nothing happens. Then proceed to question everyone in Sanctuary again just in case, no dice. I decide to revert to an older save, dick around and eventually go do Independence again at Castle and sure enough the exact same thing happens. Now the (broken) Trouble at Sanctuary quest just persists in my log but best I can tell it's not causing happiness to decline. /shrug. I guess now at least Sanctuary seems like it won't be attacked anymore while the other one remains "active."

And damn that Eurogamer advanced building video... No clip ftw. There goes the afternoon rebuilding. :)

Hasney

CURzV27XAAEBHIf.jpg

BRAHMIN ORGY

scrcrw

That doesn't make sense. I agreed to joined and mentioned this stuff to the BOS before rail road so why am I locked to giving it to them? Annoyed..
I'm pretty sure I handed the chip to the Railroad, got some data back and then later
built the teleporter
with the BoS based on that data.

studyguy

Apparently one of my companions found another fatman and point blanked it at my settlement with everyone around him. Good lord this AI.

BLunted

Banned
Last night I decided to make The Castle my primary headquarters. So, I spent over an hour manually moving everything I've collected in the game so far (which was housed in Sanctuary) to The Castle. I broke down every item in Sanctuary and moved the Junk to The Castle.

Then I went to the Drive In Theater and did the same thing. Broke down every item and then manually moved all that scrap into the Workbench at The Castle.

My plan is to do this for every settlement so that I have a ridiculous amount of building material at The Castle so I can make the ultimate community there.

Is this a dumb idea? I don't want a bunch of little settlements... I just want ONE AWESOME SETTLEMENT!

Do you mean you just carry water around to heal with instead of buying stimpacks? I would have thought you would be selling all that extra water for caps and then spending the caps on stimpacks, unique items, etc.

I haven't gotten the local leader perk yet either, but if I want to move a lot of stuff around without making multiple trips, I just load everything up and pop a vertibird smoke grenade.

TheBez

Hey guys, I had two quick questions.

1) Will the stuff at
Covenant
always be marked as
stealing after clearing out the complex?

2) How the hell does Rad resist work? I walked up to some barrels that were doing like ~20 rads and popped a Rad-X for the 100 resist but was still getting hit with like ~8-10 rads.

Hey guys, I had two quick questions.

1) Will the stuff at
Covenant
always be marked as
stealing after clearing out the complex?

2) How the hell does Rad resist work? I walked up to some barrels that were doing like ~20 rads and popped a Rad-X for the 100 resist but was still getting hit with like ~8-10 rads.

Yes for point 1 (it's a bug), and rad resistance can only do so much, especially when you're getting hit with 20, which is a lot. Your best bet for heavily irradiated areas is to get your hands on a hazmat suit, which has 1000 rad resistance.

This is another game that is way too light at night. I shouldn't be able to see so clearly and so far into the distance with just moon/star light. Devs need to take note of Dying Light, that's how you do night time properly. A well-done night time adds so much to the atmosphere and gameplay experience.

BLunted

Banned

I am hoping somebody makes a mod for a Jericho companion. There was one for New Vegas, but there was some legal crap about using the sound files from Fallout 3, so ended up being not worth it.

18. Way too early to be venturing out east, tbh. I guess my equipment isn't that good yet, but almost every enemy I came across was putting me to the test.

I hit 28 yesterday and I haven't really run into anything that concerns me. I still have the random fluke death here and there (how was I supposed to know that super mutant had a triple-barrel rocket launcher?), but I've been all over the map and have managed to take down anything I've run across. Legendary Deathclaws included.

The feels when the game randomly locks up when you're placing the final turret during a rather lengthy building session and you didn't quicksave.

Hopefully one of the things they patch in is a way to identify unassigned settlers. Easily the most obnoxious aspect of settlement building.

This is another game that is way too light at night. I shouldn't be able to see so clearly and so far into the distance with just moon/star light. Devs need to take note of Dying Light, that's how you do night time properly.

Indeed but there is a mod that makes it much darker if you want and have it on PC. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/191/

Bethesda has a habit of having very light nights also with their previous games. In Fo4 it can be really immersive at night especially with the dynamic weather, this mod makes it a lot more immersive.

Guys, main quest spoiler ahead.
I went to the Institute, talked to Shawn, refused his offer. Came back to the Commonwealth. I started this quest from Sanctuary and i think i did it for the Minutemen's cause (not a problem, i save A LOT). I also took the Castle and defeated that Mirelurk's Queen. Now i'm doing random quest for the minutemen (free place X from Y, help Z). There is a quest namend "Filling the ranks" or something in the log (not playing in english) that requires me to take some outposts to reclute some more minutemen. What should i do? Keep doing the quests until that quest is over?

Thanks.

I was never really invested in any of the past FO companions, but here I like everyone and am genuinely tempted to revisit old areas with new companions just to see what they have to say.

For those who haven't gotten
Curie
, do so. She's whimsical as fuck and her storyline is really heartwarming.

Kamina777

Banned
ANYONE?
Any way to pacify supermutants?

Hopefully one of the things they patch in is a way to identify unassigned settlers. Easily the most obnoxious aspect of settlement building.

when you highlight them it highlights everything they are assigned to, crops are the default if they aren't assigned to anything else. I dress my people in different outfits depending on their job.

Is there a particular place to put stuff that makes sense? I assume when you say clear it up, you mean save it not sell it. Thanks.
Yeah the workbench is where I keep everything. I keep mine in the one at red rocket because thats where I keep my Power armor and have my base. You cant share loot between settlements until you unlock the leader perk in charisma.

If you are still having problems being overencumbered, I would put some points into strength and get the strong back perk. Also if you dont mind wandering alone. The lone wanderer perk is great for damage resistance and carry weight.

Also, everyone needs to get the idiot savant perk. It helps leveling up so much faster.

The feels when the game randomly locks up when you're placing the final turret during a rather lengthy building session and you didn't quicksave.

Ya, my game tends to occasionally crash in build mode, playing on PS4, been trying to make a habit of saving more often while doing extended settlement building. Never had any issues outside of build mode.

Pilgrimzero

ANYONE?
Any way to pacify supermutants?

when you highlight them it highlights everything they are assigned to, crops are the default if they aren't assigned to anything else. I dress my people in different outfits depending on their job.

I find 2-3 point blank shotgun rounds to the dome pacifies just about anything.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Pretty sure that only works if their assignment is within line of sight however.

The settlement management really needed a completely different UI actually suited to it.

BLunted

Banned

Not sure if it was here or somewhere else where I got the suggestion, but I put those sack hoods on settlers that I assigned to stuff. I always seem to have a ton of them.

ANYONE?
I dress my people in different outfits depending on their job.

beat me to it.

Top Bottom