• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Around 30 hours in and still not bored. Can't wait until I get home, grab some wine and cheese and continue ignoring the main quest for 10 hours.

I completely forgot there was even a main quest. Just entered
Vault 95. Those Automatrons are not very nice machines.

Kamina777

Banned
Are supermutant classified as wastelanders? Is there a way to tell what each mob is classified as?

Thank you, there doesn't seem to be any that I could find outside of the blunt description of the perk. I had hoped they would fall under intimidation, but The option to Pacify doesn't come up when I aim at a mutant, like It does when I aim at a human enemy and incite them to murder their own.. I want to control a suicider and make him run at his own people.

Maybesew

I completely forgot there was even a main quest. Just entered
Vault 95. Those Automatrons are not very nice machines.

I was just saying to a friend, I don't even know what is the main quest any more. There seem to be multiple quests that all mention the idea of trying to find my son. I guess that's a good thing.

Anybody here completely done the story and faction questlines? Are you still finding lots of stuff to do?

I keep holding off on finishing the faction quest lines in fear of the game slowing down.

iddqd

Weird bug as my game just changed language to Danish? Swedish?
I thought it was only the subtitles until Raiders started yelling NEI! or something.

Could be fun actually, Wasteland settlers from all over the world!

Weird bug as my game just changed language to Danish? Swedish?
I thought it was only the subtitles until Raiders started yelling NEI! or something.

Could be fun actually, Wasteland settlers from all over the world!

Was it on the wreck of the
Northern Star
? It's intentional, or at least it's happening to everyone and only in that spot. Norwegian raiders!!

Robiin

Noone answered the question I had yesterday evening.

How would one get the companion perks, and companion quests the fastest? Because I am playing as a Lone wanderer, so I just want to do it as quickly as possible so I can dump them again. Also, are the companion perks missable if you complete enough quests without them? Thanks!

So, just how bad is this game on PS4? If it's too bad I am just not going to get it.
Coming from someone who isnt bothered by framerates a whole lot... its pretty bad in some areas. The majority of the time its pretty smooth but sometimes it just takes a dive and can be distracting if you are sensitive to it. It still looks really good. Ive taken 100s of screencaps. As much as the performance can suck balls from time to time its still one of my if not my favorite game of the year.

As for bugs. Ive run into a few that I had to restart my game but nothing gamebreaking.
I feel like its the cleanest release from bethesda on consoles yet by a good margine.

Went to do a simple kidnapping mission at a hospital, entered to find 7 super mutants and 3 legendary super mutants all in the same room with nowhere to go. Jesus.

I did however get a weird ass gun with a mini satellite dish on the front with unlimited ammo and 150 damage.

Elandyll

Banned
Having a great time really. Finally decided tackling a bit the main quest after spending more than 24 in game hours doing side quests and building settlements.

Man , the
Covenant quest ended up hilariously. I sided with the girl by freeing her, and let the scientist live on her own in constant bitching mode. I didn't think that not only The Covenant would know right away but that every.single.one. of them would attack me on sight, even the shy girl. Cue forward 5 mins and Covenant is mine through no fault of my own. I then start to rescape and lo and behold the wall sentries start to attack my sentries in a weird shoot all. I also had to clean up by getting rid of the bodies in the river, with another funny bug that makes their legs twitch and water to splash. Creepy and Hilarious pile of body with splashing legs...

DjRalford

Having a great time really. Finally decided tackling a bit the main quest after spending more than 24 in game hours doing side quests and building settlements.

Man , the
Covenant quest ended up hilariously. I sided with the girl by freeing her, and let the scientist live on her own in constant bitching mode. I didn't think that not only The Covenant would know right away but that every.single.one. of them would attack me on sight, even the shy girl. Cue forward 5 mins and Covenant is mine through no fault of my own. I then start to rescape and lo and behold the wall sentries start to attack my sentries in a weird shoot all. I also had to clean up by getting rid of the bodies in the river, with another funny bug that makes their legs twitch and water to splash. Creepy and Hilarious pile of body with splashing legs...

I put the bodies outside the main door and used a mine to blast them all out to sea 😀

Kamina777

Banned
Are supermutant classified as wastelanders? Is there a way to tell what each mob is classified as?

I got the "Kill 300 creatures" trophy while taking on a bunch of roaming mutants. So it's probably a creature.

Checked the wikia finally and you are right, Supermutants are comfirmed wastelanders even behemoths are suceptable..unfortunately I think i've killed all of them.

Arjen

Oh man. I ran in to a legendary major gutsy. Dude was wrecking my ass like you wouldn't believe, tried about 10 times to kill him, psycho stealth boy my strongest weapon you name it.
I finally beat him, go over there to check that sweet loot.
Bam, he explodes, I die.
Damn robots.

Nameless

Even with 4 days off next week I don't know how the fuck I'm going to juggle this and the Bloodborne expansion. Through 60+ hours I still have about 3/4 of the main quest, most of both the BoS and Railroad questlines, about a dozen active side or misc. quests, and a couple hundred locations left to clear. Plus I've barely touched the settlement or companion stuff.

Even with 4 days off next week I don't know how the fuck I'm going to juggle this and the Bloodborne expansion. Through 60+ hours I still have about 3/4 of the main quest, most of both the BoS and Railroad questlines, about a dozen active side or misc. quests, and a couple hundred locations left to clear. Plus I've barely touched the settlement or companion stuff.
What have you been doing this whole time? Lol

So, just how bad is this game on PS4? If it's too bad I am just not going to get it.

30 hours in, it runs fine 80% of the time. There are some locations that cause the framerate to stutter, like some parts of downtown Boston and interiors with lots of enemies. Other than that it's fine, haven't had any hard crashes or quest/scripting freakouts.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I finally beat him, go over there to check that sweet loot.
Bam, he explodes, I die.
Damn robots.
lol this has happened to me 7 times already.

About Nick.

I just met him, so I don't want to spoil anything for me, but is there an explanation for why he's accepted, being a synth, while everything in Diamond city up to meeting him has been about people there being terrified about synths?

Faenix1

Wow.

Well over 20 hours and I just found out that:
a: Santuary has a chemistry table
b: You can make cutting fluid, which is 3 oil.

All those hours wasted looking for oil. lol

About Nick.

I just met him, so I don't want to spoil anything for me, but is there an explanation for why he's accepted, being a synth, while everything in Diamond city up to meeting him has been about people there being terrified about synths?

Yep -- hang with him and he'll eventually tell you his backstory and why everyone there is cool with him.

Nameless

What have you been doing this whole time? Lol

Heh, Well I have done a bunch of side quest along with the little bit of main and faction stuff, but mostly exploring. Also I put pretty strict fast travel restrictions on my self with Beth. games so that certainly factors in. No complaints, though. Still having a blast and looking forward to playing it every day.

so i got into the institute and I'm noticing its like the game is forcing me to side with the brotherhood of steel, I met the doctor that they want me to bring back and theres like no option for me to just say fuck the BoS, all options are basically to bring her back to them. Also I got the info thingie and I got to give it to the BoS, I don't want to... They're dicks. Hell, I didn't even want to build the damn teleporting machine with them, I was just happening to be doing faction quests and when I finished one it all of a sudden locked me with them. Am I going to be stuck with these dickheads for the rest of the game or what?

Kamina777

Banned
so i got into the institute and I'm noticing its like the game is forcing me to side with the brotherhood of steel, I met the doctor that they want me to bring back and theres like no option for me to just say fuck the BoS, all options are basically to bring her back to them. Also I got the info thingie and I got to give it to the BoS, I don't want to... They're dicks. Hell, I didn't even want to build the damn teleporting machine with them, I was just happening to be doing faction quests and when I finished one it all of a sudden locked me with them. Am I going to be stuck with these dickheads for the rest of the game or what?

doctor?
Teleportation machine?
A little spoiler tagging goes a long way.

ckohler

I haven't gotten the local leader perk yet either, but if I want to move a lot of stuff around without making multiple trips, I just load everything up and pop a vertibird smoke grenade.

I haven't gotten far enough in the game to know you can even do that. Heh.

Is there any downsides to having only one operational settlement? I don't want to manage a bunch of them.

Morts

I randomly failed the "Leading by Example" quest while wandering around doing other stuff. Is it because I
helped the Minutemen take back their fort?
I didn't fail immediately upon finishing that other quest though. Am I locked out of any further
Brotherhood of Steel
quests now?

hydruxo

It's fine. Completely playable. 50 hours and no significant issues on my end outside of the occasional frame dips in a few locations (mainly around the outskirts of Diamond City.)

Brinbe

Just hit lvl 27 and I haven't bothered with any of the main story or factions other than the minutemen or even reached past south of the USS Constitution (which I'm exploring right now). But I've pretty much cleared up everything north of that.

Feeling really good about concentrating on luck based perks. Put a few points into better crits/Critical Banker/Grim Reaper's Sprint/Four Leaf Clover and I'm destroying everything even though I haven't found great legendary weapons so far. In retrospect I would have put less into Cha and more into Per but I'm powerful enough as is.

Anyway Fo4 remains completely amazing and I haven't even touched the real meat of the game so far. Also lucky not to have fun into any significant bugs or issues through like 50+ hours

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Building is overwhelming, I dont know where to start. Walls around a settlement or start with a house and go from there? Start with the floor or walls? Help :(

N° 2048

Building is overwhelming, I dont know where to start. Walls around a settlement or start with a house and go from there? Start with the floor or walls? Help :(

And then when you do establish a settlement, you'll find another place that's even cooler and move there.

At least that's my problem :p

Top Bottom