• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout reached 65 million viewers in 16 days

Strategize

Yeah, they need a new Fallout title soon. Mircosoft need to make Fallout London an official title, if it takes another year to get it working on console so be it.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Those numbers will drop like anything else. Same thing when you see concurrent users with a new game on Steam.

What?? Numbers drop over time!?

The Wire Reaction GIF

Kabelly

Almost all my coworkers have watched it. A guy that's played them all said it was a great adaptation. I thought it was a lot of fun and way more violent than I was expecting.

SoloCamo

i need to watch this show.

I'm not a TV series guy at all as I much prefer the one and done of most movies but so far this has kept me watching. Only half way through the series and it's much better than I expected... and I went in very pessimistic about it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Pretty sure they goosed those LOTR numbers to within an inch of their lives, and the vibe coming from Fallout is so much better than that piece of shit, so yea this is their mostp popular show.

Three

eh :lollipop_confused: The momentum might decrease but the viewer numbers can only increase.
I think the momentum will decrease faster than normal because it has the benefit that all episodes in the season were released at once so I'm sure a lot of amazon prime users binge watched it in a fortnight. Now they have to wait for season 2.

Gojiira

Banned
I wish the narrative was true and the show was actually the masterpiece it gets made out to be. But man it was…Just okay.
Way to many poor aesthetic choices, some truly cringe writing,Maximus being utter dogshit as a character, lore breaks which are now fucking canon….Ugh it was fine as a show but it really isnt this excellent adaptation. On the flipside they did do Vault-Tec/Vaults and tge pre war really well, and The Ghoul was the only true Fallout-like morally gray character so thats something.
Season 2 has a lot to make up for but yeah.

Maybe Microsoft will be able to capitalize with a new Fallout game in time for the third season.

Until then, just keep making more 76 content.

Pretty sure they goosed those LOTR numbers to within an inch of their lives, and the vibe coming from Fallout is so much better than that piece of shit, so yea this is their mostp popular show.

What lol. No The Lord of the Rings was literally the more popular show, as they said. Whether or not you feel it was deserving is a whole other conversation.

Zug

This will hopefully revive the franchise which has been in cerebral death since FO4.
Though, while I found the show entertaining, it was just that : entertaining but shallow, like the Bethesda Fallout games.
I miss the tone from the Black Isle/Obsidian Fallouts, they were dark and sometimes goofy too, but at the service of deeper and more emotionally engaging stories.
I hope they'll find better writers for season 2, because there's still a good base to build on, and the setting is very faithfull to the Fallout games.

Reactions: Gp1
I wish the narrative was true and the show was actually the masterpiece it gets made out to be. But man it was…Just okay.
Way to many poor aesthetic choices, some truly cringe writing,Maximus being utter dogshit as a character, lore breaks which are now fucking canon….Ugh it was fine as a show but it really isnt this excellent adaptation. On the flipside they did do Vault-Tec/Vaults and tge pre war really well, and The Ghoul was the only true Fallout-like morally gray character so thats something.
Season 2 has a lot to make up for but yeah.
I doubt the average population is looking at this show from your film buff/snob opinion, its on a streaming service based off a video game, seems like its doing good.

Three

I watched it, it was shit but I watched it and I'm part of the stat. There's probably no need to fudge those numbers. I'm sure a lot of other people watched it because of the Lord of the Rings hype but they probably didn't enjoy it when all was said and done.

Gojiira

Banned
I doubt the average population is looking at this show from your film buff/snob opinion, its on a streaming service based off a video game, seems like its doing good.
My opinion is neither one of a ‘film buff’ or a ‘snob’ though yours is clearly of ignorance. No Im looking at it as a FAN of Fallout, disappointed at all the cut corners and the further decline of the universe.
I can see its doing good, and that isnt a bad thing, and Im hoping season 2 will be better but yeah more criticism needs to happen so the creatives make better design and writing decisions.

pasterpl

I don’t know, watched 2 episodes and dropped it. Didn’t like it at all. Same with TLOU tv show, I didn’t even touch LOTR tv show as I was expecting shit from the start. Movies and tv shows based on games usually are not that great imo.

El Muerto

I started it today and i'm hooked. My wife didnt play the games and she loves it. Great characters, cast, and writing. I think not going by the source material to a T is what makes it so great.

Three

Show was very entertaining and stuck to the source material damn well. Really interested in seeing where it goes.
Just waiting for season 2 now. I have too many shows where I'm waiting for the new season to get going. Still awaiting season 2 to figure out what the hell is going on in Severance. I guess one of the actors was busy with Fallout.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
For those of you not sure after the first episode, keep watching. I almost stopped, thinking we'll this is weird and so-so. Stuck with it only to find myself loving the not taking everything seriously and rewarded by more and more interesting episodes as it went. Plus some very memorable scenes. Great show, second only to Shogun which is very differen lt from fallout.

Now, Fallout 5 will release some 5 years after final episode of the show is released. Bethesda can do it when they are in a hurry.

MrMephistoX

Well deserved just finished it: MS needs to port FO3 and New Vegas to PS5 stat and do a next gen update to the other versions.

Great show, enjoyed the hell out of it. I just hope the keep the same crew for all the seasons.

Bethesda and Microsoft have a great show to boost and drive sales of the Fallout up out of nowhere

Top Bottom