Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware), NMH (PS360)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Is PW on wiiware going be like a full-on remake of the first case with VA included? or is going be a straight ds port.:/
 
grandjedi6 said:
Ship 60k copies of NMH? In Japan? Are you crazy? :lol

NMH bombed hard in Japan, if anything its the Japanese release we should be questioning.
No, I mean a while ago, Marvelous was talking about a game they were porting up to the PS360 but they wouldn't say what it was. They said it would only ship around 60k or something like that (I could be remembering wrong). A lot of people thought it was Muramasa. I'm curious as to whether this is the game they were talking about or not.
 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lafiel said:
Is PW on wiiware going be like a full-on remake of the first case with VA included? or is going be a straight ds port.:/
VA for a full text adventure game in 40MB? I think it's safe to say that's out of the question.
 
Nuclear Muffin said:
If NMH PS360 is a port, then its gonna suck balls. The motion controls are what made the combat fun!

Will buy the additional Ace Attorney scenario, but I won't bother with the remakes since I already have the DS versions and see little point in buying them again (Unless they have added additional content to each game that is!)



Ahh crud, then these re-releases are pointless for me. Famitsu lets me down this week!
Sony Wand, duder.
 
cosmicblizzard said:
Wait, if NMH is the game Marvelous was talking about porting, that means they only plan to ship like 60k copies or something in Japan across both platforms? Does it even have a shot at making it to the west?
If anything I'll be surprised to see it released in Japan at all. If there is any more NMH content - regardless of platform - I'm pretty much assuming it is aimed at the west at this point.
 
Gotta make that money.

If they want the NMH port to not be a massive bomb they should release it along with the sequel in one package. Otherwise, no thanks.
 
New Lufia ROAR! DS is the best we could hope for, after being dormant for so long, they'd never do something for the PSP or PS360. Shame too, I'd love to see Lufia get the awesome PS360 treatment like Vesperia or something.
 
DR2K said:
Stealing exclusives from the Wii, that's like stealing from a blind orphan.
Wii has significantly more third party exclusives than the other systems, so...

Not saying they're all good, but I'd actually go so far as to say that Wii has more good third party exclusives than the other two systems
 
Largely a snooze-fest this ish. Nuthin on Hokuto Musou, the recently "revealed" Zangeki or any thing.

Guess that means I'll have to settle for whatever that Bamco RPG will be in V-Jump. Likely will be a Digimon game, more than likely...
 
Mega Mike said:
Meh, NMH was overrated by the wii community, dont know why everyones so excited.
It had some interesting boss fights. I think one or two were frustrating ( beach fight) but mostly they were well-done stuff. Everything else though.....i could have lived without.
 
Okay break it to me, Lufia, blocky polys? Turn based? I cant keep my expectations low too much longer, the less I invest in hopes and wishes the better.
 
Shouta said:
New Lufia ROAR! DS is the best we could hope for, after being dormant for so long, they'd never do something for the PSP or PS360. Shame too, I'd love to see Lufia get the awesome PS360 treatment like Vesperia or something.
man, you are in for a disappointment... Maybe you didn't play the GBC or the GBA games?
 
comedy bomb said:
.....

Are you being serious?
I think he's playing a cunning trick here - most games on ps3/360 are multi, across both platforms, so don't count as exclusives. Were it Wii exclusives vs Non-Wii games, it would be a different matter.
 
cosmicblizzard said:
No, I mean a while ago, Marvelous was talking about a game they were porting up to the PS360 but they wouldn't say what it was. They said it would only ship around 60k or something like that (I could be remembering wrong). A lot of people thought it was Muramasa. I'm curious as to whether this is the game they were talking about or not.
Wasn't that their financial report or something? It was listed as "unannounced port"? It would have to be this as I don't remember anything else listed for the HD twins. I guess if I were'nt so lazy I could search for the thread...
 
Mega Mike said:
Meh, NMH was overrated by the wii community, dont know why everyones so excited.
I have to agree, can't say I'm excited about better graphics coming from the PS3/360 version when it was the actual game play that was flat out terrible.
 
sillymonkey321 said:
It had some interesting boss fights. I think one or two were frustrating ( beach fight) but mostly they were well-done stuff. Everything else though.....i could have lived without.
I agree, the boss fights were the best thing about the game.
More info soon plz
 
jeremy1456 said:
Wii has significantly more third party exclusives than the other systems, so...

Not saying they're all good, but I'd actually go so far as to say that Wii has more good third party exclusives than the other two systems
Exclusives like this, amirite?

 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Somnid said:
Tales of Monkey Island does it but I'm pretty sure they compressed the hell out of it.
I would say that the whole of all 6 episodes of Tales of Monkey Island probably has less VA than the second or third case of Phoenix Wright would need, let alone the whole game :p
 

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I loved NMH, I still believe it's the best game available for the Wii (haters be damned) and I'll probably end up double dipping. And I say probably only because I'm afraid I'm going to miss the awesome finishing moves (wand support would be truly appreciated, lol).
Can't wait to hear more.
 
comedy bomb said:
.....

Are you being serious?
I hope you're the one who's joking. The 360 probably has less than 10 exclusives on the console.

Either way, I'm curious how they'll approach this. Do we know if this is a port, or a new game?
 
Cow Mengde said:
I hope you're the one who's joking. The 360 probably has less than 10 exclusives on the console.

Either way, I'm curious how they'll approach this. Do we know if this is a port, or a new game?

Nope.
If it's a port, then it's probably MMV doing it, meaning we won't really see any upgrades.
=/
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AceBandage said:
I dunno.
Seems that this is Japan only, and NMH2 isn't really aimed at Japan.

I really really really doubt this is only for Japan. Like really.