• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 18th Aug (Sengoku Basara 3 - PS3/Wii, Persona 3 PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P3P came out of nowhere; I can't wait! I'm hoping they'll at least allow direct control over your entire team. I really don't want to deal with Marin Karin any more.

distantmantra said:
This being a PS3/Wii title makes me think that the title was developed with Japan solely in mind. I mean, it's being made for the king of the generation (Wii), and the HD system that's still selling somewhat decently over there.

Oh well, I've imported the first two games on the PS2, I don't mind importing the third one if Capcom doesn't bother to release it here.

Yep, Capcom only brought over the first one, and with this being Wii/PS3 I have no hopes for a 360 port.

Thankfully the PS3 is region free, so I'll be importing this eventually.

Aeana

ProudClod said:
Haha, good call. I even took a double credit course in Greek Mythology this year. Can't believe I forgot it all ;)

Upon further inspection:

Protagonist is wearing a Gekkoukan High uniform.

Minato Arisato is visible in the background, but he is faded (along with Orpheus). So, same setting, some kind of allusion to Minato... The only thing that makes sense is a brand new story in Gekkoukan High. The girl may be related to Minato?
I highly doubt it's a new story.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Infernal Monkey said:
dh8uc0.gif
*winces*

You sure know how to twist the knife :X

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Guys, as I said earlier, I don't think P3P is a port.

New protagonist (redhead girl), and Evokers are seemingly gone in favor of P4's summoning method (breaking the tarot cards).

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Aeana said:
I highly doubt it's a new story.

So, they're going to rewrite the ENTIRE game with a female protagonist in mind (all social links + dating), redraw ALL the anime cutscenes, and change the mythos (evokers were an important part of the story), JUST to put a female protagonist in the game?

Yeah, okay.

zoku88

ProudClod said:
So, they're going to rewrite the ENTIRE game with a female protagonist in mind (all social links + dating), redraw ALL the anime cutscenes, and change the mythos (evokers were an important part of the story), JUST to put a female protagonist in the game?

Yeah, okay.
Actually, I think doing that kind of thing is popular in Japan, somtimes.

Like Tokimeki (sp?) Girl's Side. Or Harvest Moon Girl's Side, etc.

And I think you're overmphasizing the changes they would have to make

(And the fact that she's holding a card instead of an evoker doesn't mean they're getting rid of evokers, necessarily. Remember, the persona still had cards in P3, they just only showed up during fusion or getting them from battles.)

duckroll

ProudClod said:

Yeah, okay.

No. They're not going to make any of these MASSIVE changes you think they are making. It's a port of Persona 3, with selectable protagonist. There will be certain things unique to the female route, and there will be some new additions to the male route as well. Otherwise it's the same game with various improvements. Apparently there'll be 5 difficulty levels, and like in P4, you can set your party members on manual control. The game is coming out on 1st Nov.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
duckroll said:
No. They're not going to make any of these MASSIVE changes you think they are making. It's a port of Persona 3, with selectable protagonist. There will be certain things unique to the female route, and there will be some new additions to the male route as well. Otherwise it's the same game with various improvements. Apparently there'll be 5 difficulty levels, and like in P4, you can set your party members on manual control. The game is coming out on 1st Nov.

Awww, that's what happens when I get too excited.

Thanks for the info! :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tenchu 5 real or fake?

Aeana

ProudClod said:
I love how Atlus announcements always come out of the blue. How I love Famitsu Tuesdays ;)
It's Monday, now! As of this week, Famitsu comes a day earlier than before.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
duckroll said:

WOAH WHAT ?

that's like 2 months :eek:.. holy shit that means an English release shouldn't take THAT long either ..

Hero

Maybe this is a stupid question, but is this JUST Persona 3 or Persona 3 + FES/The Answer/whatever?

I still have to finish FES and P4. :(

KtSlime

Well, looks like I'll be getting a new Persona game.

I'm thinking that they will have to change a considerable portion of the game to add the female protagonist, I mean unless you get to pick up chicks at the beach as a female, that'd be sweet.

Yeah, major dialog changes, and several scenario changes is what I'm seeing.

ZoddGutts

duckroll said:

Nice to know the party is controllable now in battle. Superior version confirm. :D

kiryogi

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm sorry but I have to side with him on this one. I think most guys will be able to relate! :lol

Totally agree. But it'd be nice if it was a choice in general if not. Let the yuri begin! Atlus knows their audience over there and knew exactly what they were aiming for with P3/P4, they wouldn't let them down!

Zanmato

Banned
Persona 3 portable? Why? Seriously why? Persona 2 would have been better I'm not double dipping just to play some chick.

duckroll said:
Manual control, you say?

I'm definitely in now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ProudClod said:
Haha, good call. I even took a double credit course in Greek Mythology this year. Can't believe I forgot it all ;)

Upon further inspection:

Protagonist is wearing a Gekkoukan High uniform.

Minato Arisato is visible in the background, but he is faded (along with Orpheus). So, same setting, some kind of allusion to Minato... The only thing that makes sense is a brand new story in Gekkoukan High. The girl may be related to Minato?
female/male route...

it doesn't mean they are doing massive changes to the story.

linsivvi

Linkhero1 said:
I'm not surprised that Basara 3 was announced for Ps3. I'm more surprised that there isn't a 360 version.

The fact that it's on PS3 but not 360 probably means that Capcom has no plan to bring this game outside Japan.

Start importing I guess.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fearless. said:
Was Tenchu 4 even any good?

Flawed, but quite good, and a great step forward in what I thought was a planned trilogy (or multi-deal or some shit).

This new version of P3 being put on PSP could be a sign Atlus is planning to keep the series on PSP.

Unless it bombs...
lol, yeah right.

Still, P1 and P3 are now on PSP. If they are willing to make an alt version of P3, then P4 with a female MC would not be surprising to see appear next year....
after they remake P2 IS +EP. ;)

zoku88

xs_mini_neo said:
This new version of P3 being put on PSP could be a sign Atlus is planning to keep the series on PSP.

Unless it bombs...
lol, yeah right.

Still, P1 and P3 are now on PSP. If they are willing to make an alt version of P3, then P4 with a female MC would not be surprising to see appear next year....
after they remake P2 IS +EP. ;)
Uhm what?

That's a possibility, but that wouldn't be a sign I'd get from this announcement.

It's probably being put on PSP because it has a higher chance of selling more than if it were put on PS2, again, (due to ppl double-dipping just because its portable.)

onken

Zanmato said:
Persona 3 portable? Why? Seriously why? Persona 2 would have been better I'm not double dipping just to play some chick.

Yes you are, resistance is futile.

linsivvi said:
The fact that it's on PS3 but not 360 probably means that Capcom has no plan to bring this game outside Japan.

Start importing I guess.

I was just thinking that.

Aeana

zoku88 said:
Uhm what?

That's a possibility, but that wouldn't be a sign I'd get from this announcement.

It's probably being put on PSP because it has a higher chance of selling more than if it were put on PS2, again, (due to ppl double-dipping just because its portable.)
I would not be surprised if Persona 5 were a PSP game, however. I don't think anybody else really would be, either.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Aeana said:
I would not be surprised if Persona 5 were a PSP game, however. I don't think anybody else really would be, either.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'd be pretty damn happy, too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom