• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 18th Aug (Sengoku Basara 3 - PS3/Wii, Persona 3 PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
duckroll said:
I'm sorry but I have to side with him on this one. I think most guys will be able to relate! :lol

It's true. But in the interest of fairness, they should please everyone and have guy/guy relationships be optional, too. Especially if they do this for P4.

Pretty odd they'd skip over Persona 2 completely for P3, considering how P3 is still a fairly recent game. I really hope they make a lot of gameplay changes to make it play more like P4. Don't understand how this will work, if it's exactly the same as P3 but with a female protagonist that would be kind of lame. Hopefully it's more of a spin off or something. Social links could be very interesting.

zoku88

KuwabaraTheMan said:
It's true. But in the interest of fairness, they should please everyone and have guy/guy relationships be optional, too. Especially if they do this for P4.
At the very least, at least it will give a plausible reason for yaoi doujin :p

Some of my friends would reeaaaaallly appreciate that :p

Jonnyram

Mellahan said:
Excuse me, but where are you guys finding the you know whats?
:lol that's even worse now you've edited it, you divot. Admit to understanding the rules, then flagrantly break them.

zoku88 said:

Exactly. The yaoi demographic could give Atlus sales the like of which they've never seen before.

Aeana

duckroll said:
Speaking of yaoi fodder, it looks like there's a male version of Elizabeth in P3P.... wtf?!
Looks totally weird. But... it bodes well for the rest of the game. Please please Persona 3 Girls Side or something. :eek:

Teknoman

Mellahan said:
Excuse me, but where are you guys finding the you know whats?

250px-P4-Himiko.jpg

duckroll said:
I'm sorry but I have to side with him on this one. I think most guys will be able to relate! :lol

You're the demographic that Atlus is aiming for with this game. Blegh.

And no, I'm not surprised. At all.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
KuwabaraTheMan said:
zoku88 said:

Ththankyou.gif

MechaX

duckroll said:
Speaking of yaoi fodder, it looks like there's a male version of Elizabeth in P3P.... wtf?!

Given the true nature of Elizabeth's final date request, it makes sense that Elizabeth would switch genders if a female MC is picked.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
KuwabaraTheMan said:
Exactly. The yaoi demographic could give Atlus sales the like of which they've never seen before.
Great, now we'll have to suffer through the inevitable Fruit Basket/Persona crossover fanfics. Thanks alot guys!

Natakuu

Banned
P3P huh..that creates a bit of a dilemma. I was planning on starting P3:FES once I finished SMT: Devil Survivor, but with this announcement I'm no longer sure. I guess I could play DDS1 or Nocturne..my SMT backlog is rather large:lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
grandjedi6 said:
Great, now we'll have to suffer through the inevitable Fruit Basket/Persona crossover fanfics. Thanks alot guys!
Remember, you came up with it. Part of the problem!:lol

For all the good news this week, Some more Persona(Even though I had my hopes for II makes on the PSP), and Basara going to PS3(Regional free!). I'm actually most interested in the From Software game. They never have the budget, but they've made so many games across so many genres that were all a blast to play. And this one sounds quite intriguing to me.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Disappointed with persona 3 on PSP, i wish they gave persona 2 IS / EP a persona 1 PSP esque make-over but oh well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want to see some more of Persona 3 for the PSP. Anything changed, or is it just Persona 3 on the PSP...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Persona 3 Portable - PSP
- Female main character shown

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM !!

although i would have much loved to see the far superior P4 getting an enhanced release on it :( ah well, that will most probably happen as well

Ogrekiller said:
No 360 Basara? RAGE ARRRRGH SNARL SNARL WOOF

This being a PS3/Wii title makes me think that the title was developed with Japan solely in mind. I mean, it's being made for the king of the generation (Wii), and the HD system that's still selling somewhat decently over there.

Oh well, I've imported the first two games on the PS2, I don't mind importing the third one if Capcom doesn't bother to release it here.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Persona 3 PSP?

I really hope it's more than just a new protagonist. From the looks of the scan though, we may be getting a completely new story.

No more Evokers. Seems like Personas are summoned with cards like in P4. Female version of Orpheus can be seen. I wonder what they'll call her. I'm so excited!

Aru

Persona 3 PSP ? Sweet, I was just waiting for that. P4 doesn't work well on EU BC PS3 and my PS2 is dying.

I skipped P3 because of P4 at first, but I'll start by that port then :D

I'll probably skip P1. I wonder why they skipped 2, but I don't mind.

P4 next, I hope :D

zoku88

Oh, Fuku and the student council VP are still the same. Maybe its just the main and elizabeth?

(Why elizabeth of all people?)

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Dragona Akehi said:
Eurydice, I would imagine. :p

Haha, good call. I even took a double credit course in Greek Mythology this year. Can't believe I forgot it all ;)

Upon further inspection:

Protagonist is wearing a Gekkoukan High uniform.

Minato Arisato is visible in the background, but he is faded (along with Orpheus). So, same setting, some kind of allusion to Minato... The only thing that makes sense is a brand new story in Gekkoukan High. The girl may be related to Minato?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom