• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: 62135 X360s are sold in the first 2 days (hardware & software sales numbers)

Blackace said:
Uh.. no one will agree about everything.. I think ICO and the MGS series is overrated crap.. and others think they are HTATK. Why hate the consoles when you can hate the games

Discussing and disagreeing over games is more fun than systems anyways. For instance I agree that
MGS, especially here on GAF,
is a bit overrated but
ICO and SotC
are definitely HTATK! What's the use in fighting over platforms, when the specs are close like PS3 and 360 and most people don't understand what tech specs really mean it seems like a big waste of time.

We need more hating on individual games and less system wars!

callous

Blackace said:
Uh.. no one will agree about everything.. I think ICO and the MGS series is overrated crap.. and others think they are HTATK. Why hate the consoles when you can hate the games

Because, frankly, it's a huge bother having to juggle three consoles and peripherals to be able to enjoy the best games. It's a mess. I do it, but I don't like it. Two would be much better. Also, in the case of Xbox/360, I have little to no interest in the vast majority of the games, but I still have to buy and find room for one to be able to play the few that I find I really do want to play.

ThirdEye

neo2046 said:
hardware
X360 - 62135

Software
Ridge Racer 6 - 29891
Perfect Dark Zero - 14897
Need for the Speed - 6842

Total soft/hard = 0.91

Lemme do the math,

62135 x 0.91 = 56542
56542 - 29891 - 14897 - 6842 = 4912

So other 3 titles, Tetris, FIFA, Every Party share 4912 all around Japan :lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
callous said:
Because, frankly, it's a huge bother having to juggle three consoles and peripherals to be able to enjoy the best games. It's a mess. I do it, but I don't like it. Two would be much better. Also, in the case of Xbox/360, I have little to no interest in the vast majority of the games, but I still have to buy and find room for one to be able to play the few that I find I really do want to play.

ok.. I undersatnd the money/space issues... but do you need to hate and troll on another console because of it? Yeah two consoles would be better... even one if the prices were controlled and all that..

Raistlin

ThirdEye said:
Lemme do the math,

62135 x 0.91 = 56542

PROFITS GALORE!!!!!

Koshiro

ThirdEye said:
Lemme do the math,

62135 x 0.91 = 56542

Hang_In_Theremedium.jpg

Culex

Banned
Are these first day numbers good or not? Should MS even bother shipping more units for Japan, or wait for 80-90% sellthrough of the first?

monkeyrun

neo2046 said:
hardware
X360 - 62135

Software
Ridge Racer 6 - 29891
Perfect Dark Zero - 14897
Need for the Speed - 6842

Total soft/hard = 0.91
Japan xbox fans did their best. lol the tie ratio.

I bet quite a portion of those are on ebay right now :lol

Rekwest

DCharlie said:
bought for the FFXI demo? not sure - but Mrs C bought hers early on saturday and it still hasn't made it out of the box yet.

"um... you going to play on this?"
"*shrug* probably not for a while, no..."
"???"

Yo stupid Geek.

ioi

Banned
Do we have any indication of other numbers yet- DS numbers, Mario Kart etc? Sinobi's blog?

I'm guessing 200k for DS and 275k for Mario Kart... another 90k for Animal Crossing, 250k for Rogue Galaxy.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Yo stupid Geek."

??

It's _still_ boxed up and untouched...
i suspect it may stay that way for some time.

as for tie ratio : i haven't bought any machines/games yet ;)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
indeed - tomorrow (well, TODAY - there is nothing better than being beeped at 2am :( ) is bonus day, i may spend it all on copies of Tetris so i can tile our roof on the cheap.

Top Bottom