• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu exposes Yakuza 6 scandal - You won't believe what Haruka has been up to!

This could be redeemed if there is a sequence where Kiryu's fighting off a hundred guys while holding the baby. But goddammit Haruka.

cj_iwakura

So he goes back to jail because the writers didn't want to have to think about how to further develop his relationships with all the characters between games? :)

How about 'he's finally taken over the Tojo Clan because he realized that even Haruka could do better than Daigo'?

RedSwirl

2 years after 5, I believe.

And the majority opinion is that, shocking news, it's a ruse. I'd be stunned if they ran with Haruka having a kid.

I was under the impression each game took place when it came out (in Japan).

Somebody really needs to do a timeline on this showing characters' dates of birth and whatnot. The Wikia(s) on this game aren't that developed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O09foW3sK4I

I'm sure there's a proper explanation for this.
Maybe it's just a baby that was dropped off at the orphanage.

It really can't be hers, right? RIGHT?

I can't think of any remaining outs, assuming the child is indeed related to Haruka and not just a fosterling.

It would be pretty brave of the writers to take head-on the toxic idol worship culture in contemporary Japan and the horrifying backlash they face should they move one toe out of line, let alone commit career suicide by having a child out of wedlock while still working that 'pure' idol image in public.

Riposte

Currently smashing apart all five copies of my ultra limited edition KONNAN ja nai single releases (w/ special DVDs), dumping them into a trash can, and lighting it on fire. That's over 35,830 yen (350~ dollars for the Americans in this thread) down the drain, but I have to have principles, unlike this yakuza strumpet. Never wake up from your coma Whoruka.

EmiPrime

The kid isn't hers.

It's as obvious a plot twist as the catdogbird in The Last Guardian dying horribly and making us all cry buckets.

That's actually just Haruka from the past. Kiryu is looking after he until the Terminator comes back and sends her back to her own timeline

cj_iwakura

I can't think of any remaining outs, assuming the child is indeed related to Haruka and not just a fosterling.

It would be pretty brave of the writers to take head-on the toxic idol worship culture in contemporary Japan and the horrifying backlash they face should they move one toe out of line, let alone commit career suicide by having a child out of wedlock while still working that 'pure' idol image in public.

It's the HaruHarus guy if it is hers, bank on it.

Hexa

How about 'he's finally taken over the Tojo Clan because he realized that even Haruka could do better than Daigo'?

He's not taking over the Tojo clan, he's making his own clan, the Kiryu clan, which I'm assuming is going to be a subsidiary (is that the right word?) of the Tojo clan, but if he's leading a smaller clan that's a part of it, he can't be the chairman of the main clan if I understand things correctly.

Remember in Yakuza 3 when you thought Kiryu's dad was alive,
but it turned out to be his identical twin younger brother who happened to work with the CIA?
Yeah, Yakuza series ain't above some cheap cheesy twists to reel you in.

EmiPrime

Remember in Yakuza 3 when you thought Kiryu's dad was alive,
but it turned out to be his identical twin younger brother who happened to work with the CIA?
Yeah, Yakuza series ain't above some cheap cheesy twists to reel you in.

The baby's thumbprint is the key to opening a massive vault stuffed full with cash and Kiryu and Haruka are just protecting him.

Zolo

I expect the former to be the case.

Has there been any evidence that the writers aren't actually even part of the latter themselves?

cj_iwakura

Which kid at the orphanage did Haruka end up with?

maxresdefault.jpg

HaruHaru des!

We already know from the story setup that Haruka was receiving harassmen for her actions at the end of 5 where she retired and made her announcement about Kiryu, and that it was apparently so bad that the orphanage was even being threatened.

So it seems like that's definitely something the story will be addressing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
2 years after 5, I believe.

And the majority opinion is that, shocking news, it's a ruse. I'd be stunned if they ran with Haruka having a kid.

Yeah, given how the Yakuza games go I'd bet money on it being a friend's child and she was claiming it as her own to protect them. And since she can't explain the situation in her current state...

These games are so prone to twists that you can always see them coming.

Top Bottom