• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu exposes Yakuza 6 scandal - You won't believe what Haruka has been up to!

Riposte

I can't think of any remaining outs, assuming the child is indeed related to Haruka and not just a fosterling.

It would be pretty brave of the writers to take head-on the toxic idol worship culture in contemporary Japan and the horrifying backlash they face should they move one toe out of line, let alone commit career suicide by having a child out of wedlock while still working that 'pure' idol image in public.

Masochistically Heroically ruining your rep and suffering endless abuse due to pretending a child is yours in order to protect him or others is such a Yakuza protag thing to do.

Hexa

Fb1H1aH.png

Evilisk

Yeah, after giving it some thought, it's likely it might not be hers

Though Kiryu going to jail again is some bullshit.

This could be redeemed if there is a sequence where Kiryu's fighting off a hundred guys while holding the baby. But goddammit Haruka.

Great

If this doesn't happen (and it's not preceded by Kiryu saying the Japanese equivalent of "I don't want no trouble") then I'm gonna be extremely disappointed

cj_iwakura

Yeah, after giving it some thought, it's likely it might not be hers

Though Kiryu going to jail again is some bullshit.

Great

If this doesn't happen (and it's not preceded by Kiryu saying "I don't want no trouble" in Japanese) then I'm gonna be extremely disappointed

Baby Heat Action confirmed.

casiopao

Lalalalala~ What's that? I can't hear you.
That series ends at the time skip, as the anime adaptation so correctly did.

I'm still playing Yakuza 5 myself.

Lol. U are getting delusional lol. At least Usagi Drop end like honey and clover lol while this one, kiryu got a surprise baby while the mother is in koma. What a treat.^~^

casiopao

MASAKA!! BAKANA!! IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

If this doesn't come over, I'm 100% importing this game.

ARIENAI!! MURI! MOUSOU DA!!!

Lol. This is going to be one hell of trip lol.(Sega is just going to retcon in the ending and said that Haruka is still pure and she is only for Kiryu lol.^_^

ZeroX03

Banned
No way it's actually hers, it'll be a fakeout where she's hiding the child for some poor abused girl who has it far worse than her who she's protecting from some hereto unheard of villainous Yakuza who's also involved in a feud with the Tojo Clan and hates Kiryu.

I like that the series has some progression of time and shows aging and adults but this being real would be very out of character.

Hexa

Nope. I never had Yakuza 5 spoiled until I finished it.

I didn't have Yakuza 5 spoiled either, though the twists on that are a bit more complicated and off the top of my head I can't think of any that can be completely spoiled with the simple sentence "It's actually ______'s kid".
That's something like TLOU, which is really easy to spoil, though I guess no one cares about Yakuza so there's still a chance.

casiopao

No way it's actually hers, it'll be a fakeout where she's hiding the child for some poor abused girl who has it far worse than her who she's protecting from some hereto unheard of villainous Yakuza who's also involved in a feud with the Tojo Clan and hates Kiryu.

I like that the series has some progression of time and shows aging and adults but this being real would be very out of character.

Agree. I can see this happen lol.

Kiryu x Haruka FTW lol.

cj_iwakura

I didn't have Yakuza 5 spoiled either, though the twists on that are a bit more complicated and off the top of my head I can't think of any that can be completely spoiled with the simple sentence "It's actually ______'s kid".
That's something like TLOU, which is really easy to spoil, though I guess no one cares about Yakuza so there's still a chance.

I can think of five easy spoilers to summarize Y5 in a sentence, though that game's so full of quintuple crosses it doesn't even matter, heh.

theRizzle

I guess this is the best place to ask this...

Should I play Yakuza 0 before 1? I am assuming it's going to tell the story of how the MC of Yakuza 1 ends up in jail? The original Yakuza is the only game I own from this series (I have 4 and 5 through PS+ I think?) and I've played about half of that one years ago when it came out, and that is the entirely of my experience with this series.

I almost bought a PS3 from eBay this weekend but I figured I'd wait until I finish 1 and 2... also, it seems like I'm gonna have to pay over $100 for a copy of Yakuza 2? Wheeeeeeeee

ZeroX03

Banned
Kiryu x Haruka is so gross it makes Phoenix x Maya seem normal

Stop trying to get parental figures to bone their daughters

casiopao

Kiryu x Haruka is so gross it makes Phoenix x Maya seem normal

Stop trying to get parental figures to bone their daughters

Lol. Just jk/jk lol. But, in Japan this progression actually is quite famous lol. I remember several manga which had this progress too lol.

Zolo

She was a teenager with no family*, he was basically her guardian. I always found it so weird people read something sexual into it.

Maya was 18 by the 2nd game, so they were both adults. When I think a father-daughter relationship, I think more of a relationship where the guy takes care of the girl, the girl often going to him for advice or him giving it alot, or something along those lines. If we're thinking of a family-type relationship, I'd probably say with Maya and Phoenix, it would be more like a younger sister staying at her older brother's place.

Kiryu was in jail for 3 years. That's not a 2 and half year old baby.

If it's truly Haruka's child, all this means is that Haruka had a relationship with someone while Daddy Kiryu was in jail unable to beat up that person.

Hexa

I can think of five easy spoilers to summarize Y5 in a sentence, though that game's so full of quintuple crosses it doesn't even matter, heh.

I mean you can summarize it, but there aren't really many or any major spoilers that are simple that are actually shocking. Too many double crossings and such as you said. Maybe
Baba betrays you or Majima is Ms.Park's ex-husband
. I can't think of anything else that I was actually shocked about off the top of my head.

SephLuis

I can't wait to see how they will explain this. The baby was the mastermind all along and is the Daigo's kid wanting to surpass all previous legends of the Tojo Clan.

Also, Y6 would be a really good time for that woman of Y2 to return. Really would like to see her again in the series.

It honestly sounds like a fake-out like they like pull these days
(LOLMAJIMAISDEAD/LOLDAIGOISSHOTAGAIN)

Kiryu would have to be a moron to not notic-...nevermind, it might be possible.

Top Bottom