• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 25 Mar 2009 (new PS3 games announced)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
stuburns said:
I hope it's worldwide by the end of fiscal.

The reason they're probably releasing it in the same fiscal year as Dragon Quest is because they think the Western sales of FFXIII will be large enough to make up for it in the next fiscal year, especially considering the relatively small amount of PS3s in Japan right now versus 360s and PS3s worldwide. At least that'd be my guess.

Captain N

neojubei said:
Katamari PS3? cool

I just cannot stop looking at this

myphone.gif

I can't either which is the reason its my avatar.

This thread will be getting refreshed until there are some new details on Katamari.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Infinite Space DS
- Introduction on the battleships in the magazine

Finally! Info on Infinite Space!

t3nmilez

PistolGrip said:
oooohh...

I'm not sure why anyone would be excited for another Agarest game. Not likely to come out in the west, and it's really not that good of a game series. Considering it's coming out so soon after the 360 version, I highly doubt they've taken the time to revamp it.

yankee666

Ys 7 Yeah!!!! some good and original RPG for the PSP :D . (im still moar than happy with my ds for rpg but i wanted some good ones for the PSP).
Btw wich games is project wich???

xfactor

Banned
this is weird

2 Jpn blog sites report that Agarest Senki Zero are scheduled for June. Its only in the scan that it says TBA

MarkusRJR

Captain N said:
They really need this game for the Wii. Make sure they put a new device that hooks up to the wii remote that looks like a little ball for hamsters.
:lol

Imagine a Katamari game with balance board or motion plus support. :eek:

StuBurns

Banned
H_Prestige said:
Bah, I was hoping Nomura would give an update on what the hell is going on with Versus.
I take that to mean he didn't.
Lame.

I want that game above all others... Well, not more than Trico of course... Ueda, you are god.

stuburns said:
I take that to mean he didn't.
Lame.

I want that game above all others... Well, not more than Trico of course... Ueda, you are god.

I don't know what it is in the interview either :lol

I just assumed he said nothing remarkable if the only bullet point in the OP is the "FFXIII scheduled for this year" crap. But I gotta hope there was more to the interview than that.

WYWY

xfactor said:
Agarest Senki Zero
- PS3/RPG
- release date TBA
- 7140 Yen
- 70% done
Knowing the pedigree..... sad to say, do not want.

Katamari Damacy Tribute
- PS3
- 2009 release
- full HD
- new visual expression
It's Scamco. Not expecting much except a visual upgrade. And do not want unless via PSN.

jeremy1456

DMPrince said:
Woo. FF13 to be released in japan this year or do they mean fiscal year? ;o

This fiscal year? :lol

I'm going to be pretty surprised if FFXIII actually is released in 09. Heck, at the rate it's been going I wouldn't be particularly shocked at an early 2011 release.

jeremy1456 said:

I'm going to be pretty surprised if FFXIII actually is released in 09. Heck, at the rate it's been going I wouldn't be particularly shocked at an early 2011 release.

I just want something. but i'm going to just forget the game even exist at this point.

t3nmilez

Rpgmonkey said:
According to an interview summary I read, if Nomura had to give the rate of development, it's at about 65%.

Wow, a little over halfway done! At this rate, it just might launch before the PS4...

Narcosis

jeremy1456 said:

With all the execs saying 2009 in Japan, I think they'd have some serious answering to investors if they kept delaying it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
t3nmilez said:
Wow, a little over halfway done! At this rate, it just might launch before the PS4...

Well, you have to understand percentage complete doesn't flow at a linear pace. They have to first get all the technology up and then decide how to actually go about making something first.

A good example of this is RE5, which was only 60% done after 3 years but finished the last 40% in less than a year. It's also why sequels come so quickly since they don't have to go through the whole ground up technology part again.

That's not to say that their rate of development is anything but horrendously slow, just a note that you can't take a percentage and do math like that.

jeremy1456

Narcosis said:
With all the execs saying 2009 in Japan, I think they'd have some serious answering to investors if they kept delaying it.

Dragon Quest IX will keep execs happy.

You gotta figure that if it's ONLY 65% and we first saw the game three years ago (meaning that it was in development even before that) then it's gotta be pretty far off.

Unless of course Square-Enix are willing to rush it out unfinished. I doubt they'd do that with their biggest worldwide franchise though.

Nirolak said:
Well, you have to understand percentage complete doesn't flow at a linear pace. They have to first get all the technology up and then decide how to actually go about making something first.

A good example of this is RE5, which was only 60% done after 3 years but finished the last 40% in less than a year. It's also why sequels come so quickly since they don't have to go through the whole ground up technology part again.

That's not to say that their rate of development is anything but horrendously slow, just a note that you can't take a percentage and do math like that.

That is quite true. Still, I highly doubt it's coming out this year.

B.K.

jeremy1456 said:
Unless of course Square-Enix are willing to rush it out unfinished. I doubt they'd do that with their biggest worldwide franchise though.

Wouldn't they? That would give them the perfect excuse to do Final Fantasy XIII: International in Japan six months after the American release.

jeremy1456

B.K. said:
Wouldn't they? That would give them the perfect excuse to do Final Fantasy XIII: International in Japan six months after the American release.

The way I see it they're going to do FFXIII: Internation regardless of whether the final product is rushed or not.

xfactor

Banned
H_Prestige said:
I don't know what it is in the interview either :lol

I just assumed he said nothing remarkable if the only bullet point in the OP is the "FFXIII scheduled for this year" crap. But I gotta hope there was more to the interview than that.

Its an interview for FFACC

Defuser

H_Prestige said:
SE needs to slow it down. They're going too fast.
Wrong. They took damn long to finally get their story finalized, the team screw up their workflow that even Nomura's team have to bail them out. Slowing and delaying any longer will be bad for them.

duckroll

So Infinite Space is due in Japan on 11th June, and there'll be a full site renewal this Friday. Looks like they'll be releasing the second anime short soon too.

Top Bottom