• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Info 25 Mar 2009 (new PS3 games announced)

zoku88

duckroll said:
So Infinite Space is due in Japan on 11th June, and there'll be a full site renewal this Friday. Looks like they'll be releasing the second anime short soon too.
there was a first?

Narcosis

・DS Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell 6/7/7/6

If only Tinkerbell had a Gundam in it the score could have been higher

As for Katamari...please be PSN and not disc....

Bernbaum

There is more information on one page of this thread - which details nothing more than a single magazine - than there is the entire Official GDC 2009 thread which is supposed to be covering an entire conference.

jeremy1456

Bernbaum said:
There is more information on one page of this thread - which details nothing more than a single magazine - than there is the entire Official GDC 2009 thread which is supposed to be covering an entire conference.

I think people are really, really confused about what GDC actually is...

It is not E3.

I REPEAT, it is NOT E3.

Narcosis

Bernbaum said:

GDC is actually supposed to be a convention of behind the scenes stuff for people in the games industry, not a news outlet for game release announcements. The point of GDC is to have lectures on game development tools and trends, not be mini-E3.

starmud

Yaceka said:
Why is there no Katamari on Wii? Seriously... All of my casual gamer friends love it, and it'd sell shitloads on the Wii.

a DS version would be fun too... of course, they are bringing katamari to ds... just wrapped up in some lame puzzle game /suicide

dallow_bg

nods at old men
jeremy1456 said:

It is not E3.

I REPEAT, it is NOT E3.
Same thing is said every year, and yet there's always a couple nice surprise announcements made at GDC.

thaOwner

Bernbaum said:

I would have agreed with you if you had made this statement about two hours ago. The OP has been updated and contains some useful information now.

Nirolak said:
The reason they're probably releasing it in the same fiscal year as Dragon Quest is because they think the Western sales of FFXIII will be large enough to make up for it in the next fiscal year, especially considering the relatively small amount of PS3s in Japan right now versus 360s and PS3s worldwide. At least that'd be my guess.

Maybe they plan to release Versus XIII in 2010.

Bernbaum

jeremy1456 said:

It is not E3.

I REPEAT, it is NOT E3.

I'm aware that GDC is a meet-up for game developers to keep up to date on tech, and industry trends, which kinda highlights the redundancy of that thread.

I was really just making light of how useless that thread is - go have a look, it's got Zelda Fan Art...

Katamari news is good news.

EDIT:

Neo-Sheperd said:
I would have agreed with you if you had made this statement about two hours ago. The OP has been updated and contains some useful information now.

Thanks.

CHRP718

Banned
Kagari said:
TetsuyaNomur_Cohen_8151769.jpg

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Wario64 said:
If they were smart, they would put Katamari as a PSN game

Yep, this. Make it PSN and less than $20, preferably $15. Who am I kidding, I'll buy it no matter what. Can't wait.

CloudV

Looking at various other sites, it seems like the new KD will have a ton of new music, and remixes of songs as well.

I'm seeing stuff like Katamari on the Rocks (5cm Prince Remix) and Moon and the Prince (Treo Barton Mix) and so on.

Edit: Looks like they will have Japanese artists doing covers as well. And there's song by Leah Dizon as well? Not the first person I'd have in mind but mmm. As long as they have Disco★Prince I'm happy

Title should be new rehashes announced.

Good god, Agarest Senki Zero, Katamari Damacy Tribute, Valhalla Knights 2 Battle Stance, YsI&II Chronicles...and it wouldn't surprise me if Hakuoki Portable last term means it was a PS2 title getting rehashed.

Now Totomono 2 is Class of Heroes 2 and I don't know whats Project Witch. Ys 7 artwork looks horrible though :/

manzo

Well this is interesting. I haven't seen this amount of trolling in 2ch's geha since ToV went 360.

All these xbox negative campaigns just for a new Agarest Senki and Katamari? I could understand if something like KH3 would've been released with only on PS3 logo, but for these games? :lol

Hero of Legend said:
No new Wii games again.

in the last 4-5 weeks just a new game was announced, Resident Evil.
i really wonder why any company is announcing a new game for the home market leader in Japan... i thought that after DQ10 announce, things should have been changed in a while, but now after 2-3 months without any decent news, i start to feel worried about Wii situation

manzo

Moor-Angol said:
in the last 4-5 weeks just a new game was announced, Resident Evil.
i really wonder why any company is announcing a new game for the home market leader in Japan... i thought that after DQ10 announce, things should have been changed in a while, but now after 2-3 months without any decent news, i start to feel worried about Wii situation

DS and PSP are the market leaders. The biggest releases are already there and will be there.

So the games that have been announced the last few days for PS3 are:

Cross Edge (RPG)
Agarest Senki Zero
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Katamari Damacy Tribute

Am I missing something?

manzo said:
DS and PSP are the market leaders. The biggest releases are already there and will be there.

if you noticed i wrote "Wii is the home market leader in Japan"... everyone knows that handhelds are dominating this current generation, but also i see every week some new games for PS3 or 360 (and i mean, 360... we are talking about Japan where Wii userbase is 10x Xbox 360 userbase...) and any news about Wii, except for some Wiiware titles

fortified_concept said:

Cross Edge (RPG)
Agarest Senki Zero
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Katamari Damacy Tribute

Am I missing something?

there was also 3 or 4 games that were announced in the phyreengine press release at gdc.
there's also pixeljunk eden encore. don't know if you wanna count that one.
but yeah, ps3 has been getting a lot of announcements lately.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
fortified_concept said:

Cross Edge (RPG)
Agarest Senki Zero
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Katamari Damacy Tribute

Am I missing something?

cross edge was announced about a bazillion years ago and it's already out

Yaceka said:
Why is there no Katamari on Wii? Seriously... All of my casual gamer friends love it, and it'd sell shitloads on the Wii.

Cause they can't sell it for 60 and then rip us off even more with 108kb unlock keys on the Wii.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, without knowing anything about the game, I can pretty much assure people it'll be better than Beautiful Katamari. That's probably the single biggest PS2.5 + no content + dlc cash grab endeavor this generation.

fortified_concept said:

Cross Edge (RPG)
Agarest Senki Zero
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Katamari Damacy Tribute

a new Gundam game by Sunrise (showed last week), Blaz Blue (for 360 too, showed 15 days ago)

xapnder

fortified_concept said:

Cross Edge (RPG)
Agarest Senki Zero
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Katamari Damacy Tribute

Am I missing something?

and atelier Rorona

Aeana

Hero of Legend said:
Wasn't ROID a joke system from Level 5?

If it was even real, why would Nintendo release a game for a non-Nintendo platform?

I'm highly baffled.
No, it wasn't a joke. It's a digital distribution platform for PC/mobile. There's a new article this week talking about a bunch of big titles lined up to be announced for it. There's a screenshot of a game that could very well be a remake of Mother 1. It says "Could this be... THAT RPG!?" Who knows what it actually is.

Oh, there's pics around for Class of Heroes 2, Project Witch, Agarest Senki Zero, Katamari, Infinite Line...just not at the usual place, its in south korea this time. So, some info on the two we didn't really know much about:

Totomono 2 is Class of Heroes 2 (PSP, Acquire)
- June release
- 4 characters shown (male/female versions for each)
- well, its a sequel, expect returning gameplay with some new systems etc,etc...
- 65% done

Project Witch (PSP, Gung ho)
- July 23rd release
- Chibi-esque characters, way girl oriented
- Looks like some really light adventure for little girls...
- 60% done

On the other games, Katamari items seem to have thick outlines now, it looks a bit weird. One female character in an Agarest Senki Zero artwork is probably going to choke with the banana she put in her mouth.

Didn't find anything about Valhalla Knights 2 Battle Stance, Hakuoki Portable or Lucian Bee's though.

edit: well, maybe some anonymous user was kind enough to show you the way in the usual place...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
xapnder said:
and atelier Rorona

And Max Payne 3. And R.U.S.E. And that smattering of interesting looking PSN titles revealed in the phyreengine PR.

About a dozen overall so far over GDC, which ain't bad. But still no
trico
:|

Top Bottom