• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu News: Gundam Seed Battle Destiny x Vita, Persona 4 News, Persona 5 Teasing

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
[PSV] Gundam Seed Battle Destiny (Bandai Namco)

http://andriasang.com/comzie/gundam_seed_destiny_vita/

The mega hot rumor from this week's Famitsu concerns PlayStation Vita's first Gundam game. The magazine apparently has a first look at Gundam Seed Battle Destiny, which is being developed by Artdink for Vita release in the Spring.

Only a few details about Battle Destiny have leaked out from the magazine. You play the game as a unit of two. The game will support co-op play (although we don't know yet if it's local or internet). Contributing titles included Seed, Seed Destiny, Seed CE73, Seed MVS, Astray, X Astray and VS Astray.

Assuming this report is true (and it probably is, so go ahead and tell mom!), we'll hopefully have more details tomorrow when Famitsu info usually leaks out.

Hokanko site already reported it, as well as all the other Famitsu infos, so it's real.

[PSV] Unity 13 (SCE)

- 03/08
- 4980 ¥ (Download version: 3900 ¥ )

[PSV] Persona 4: The Golden (Atlus)

http://andriasang.com/comzif/p4_the_golden_update/

Famitsu has a few details this week on what's new for the PlayStation Vita remake of Persona 4.

Here's some of what's mentioned in the magazine's long awaited followup look:

You'll be able to make your two battle allies do a simultaneous attack.
The game has new events, including a ski event and an inn event.
You can change your character clothing to things like maid clothing and fighter clothing. The clothes are shown during battle.
The magazine also details a new wireless feature called "Minna no Koe" (Everyone's Voice). Using this feature, you'll be able to see what actions other players took on a given day.

Famitsu still lists a general Spring time frame for Persona 4 The Golden.

[PS3] Grand Slam Tennis 2 (Electronic Arts)

- Spring
- 5040 ¥
- Playstation Move supported

[3DS] Pac-Man Party 3D (Bandai Namco)

- 03/22
- 5040 ¥
- Story Mode, Local Play, Download Play

Release dates

[PS3] [360] Mass Effect 3 - 03/15

Review Scores

[PSV] Dream Club Zero Portable (D3 Publisher ) 8/8/7/7 - My score: Banana/Banana/Banana/Banana
[PSV] Disgaea 3: Returns (Nippon Ichi Software) 8/8/8/8
[PSV] DLC Racer (Bandai Namco) 8/7/7/7

[PSP] Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin II: Revelation of Evil God (Banpresto) 8/8/7/8

[3DS] Shinren Camera (Nintendo) 9/9/8/9
[3DS] Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble 9/8/7/8
[3DS] The Adventures of Tintin 8/8/7/7

The so beloved announcements of announcements

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/2...itle-youve-been-waiting-for-may-be-announced/

Famitsu asked a handful of publishers their thoughts on the new year and Shin Megami Tensei developer Atlus teased their fans by saying, "That title you’ve been waiting for may be announced."

Out of all of Atlus’ series, we’ve been waiting the longest for a new… Snowboard Kids game. The last one came out for the DS in 2005, so it *must* be that. Just kidding!

Aquaplus teased news too saying look for an announcement in a few days. Nippon Ichi also hinted news about a new game will come from an illustration so look for that in the near future.

Read more stories about Aquaplus & Atlus on Siliconera.

Sources: Andriasang.com, Hokano, Siliconera

Takao

Banned
I didn't want to report about the Gundam thing since it was still a rumor. It would be the biggest third party title announced on Vita thus far.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I didn't want to report about the Gundam thing since it was still a rumor. It would be the biggest third party title announced on Vita thus far.

Really ? But that would be good, also its being already released in Spring. Vita needs that kind of support.

Thoraxes

Oh, you should've put the other thing in quotes. I had no idea this was a Famitsu as a whole general news thread.

saichi

What did I say about a new Megaten being announced shortly in my 2012 thread yesterday?

I'm not sure this can be considered as a megaton but it's a big announcement for VITA.

So this is in addition to the Gundam RPG on PSP?

Wouldn't it still be FFX remake?

Dizzy-4U

Out of all of Atlus’ series, we’ve been waiting the longest for a new… Snowboard Kids game. The last one came out for the DS in 2005, so it *must* be that. Just kidding!
Dammit!!!!! I really want a new one (if it's more like the first one of course).

Takao

Banned
Oh crap there are a lot of Gundam Seed series! Are any of them good? I thought the original Seed series was okay

No. SEED Destiny is good if you like to watch train wrecks.

Really ? But that would be good, also its being already released in Spring. Vita needs that kind of support.

I try not to make thread based on rumors, since if I did, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd G would've already been announced for Vita

I'm not sure this can be considered as a megaton but it's a big announcement for VITA.

So this is in addition to the Gundam RPG on PSP?

Scamco has like a dozen Gundam games in development at any given time. I swear there's at least 2 Gundam games lined up for PSP next year. Gundam AGE, and a much more low key one.

Also, dude meant Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, not megaton, lol.

Wouldn't it still be FFX remake?

Depends...

[PSP] Gundam: Battle Tactics (Bandai) - 35,447 / 73,275
[PSP] Gundam: Battle Royale (Bandai Namco) - 53,369 / 114,861
[PSP] Gundam: Battle Chronicle (Bandai Namco) - 86,538 / 227,259
[PSP] Gundam: Battle Universe (Bandai Namco) - 153,180 / 252,092
[PSP] Gundam: Assault Survive (Bandai Namco) - 96,009 / 150,850

(note: some of those numbers [as reported by Famitsu] are wildly out of date)

I think Assault Survive dropping the "Battle" branding hurt.

Snakeyes

Time to prepare for P5 to be set in middle school so I can be pleasantly surprised when it features young adults.

:(

cw_sasuke

I try not to make thread based on rumors, since if I did, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd G would've already been announced for Vita

I meant the part about it being the biggest 3rd Party announcement for Vita so far.

Persona 5 on ps360, thanks catherine !! Also on VITA, thanks the golden!

Sounds about right.

7Th

"That title you’ve been waiting for may be announced."

Why does this mean P5 instead of SMT 4?

scy

Probably because Persona 5 has been hinted at development before.

...and wasn't SMT4 Strange Journey? Or is that still under debate?

cw_sasuke

Because we got Strange Journey in 09 and it`ll be 4 years since Persona 4 if they release P5 next year. Though i would love SMT 4 or Etrian Odyssey 4.

Psi

Because this is reality. Persona is where the money is.

Some people are still in denial.

duckroll

Depends on how you see it. Persona 4 is probably still bigger.

Here's how previous Artdink PSP Gundam games sold:
Gundam Battle Tactics (2005) - 73,275
Gundam Battle Royale (2006) - 114,861
Gundam Battle Chronicle (2007) - 209,891
Gundam Battle Universe (2008) - 252,092
Gundam Assault Survive (2010) - 166,683

And for extra reference the Gundam SEED only Versus Gundam game on the PSP sold 133,087.

The userbase for the Vita is going to be pretty limited when this game is released, so expect to see numbers similar to Tactics and Royale, as opposed to the later games. Combined with the fact that this game only includes SEED units, and doesn't offer a full series roaster of mechs, that should limit the sales even more.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Federation Vs. ZAFT Portable (2007) - 133,087
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam (2008) - 415,891

I think the numbers speak for themselves. If this was Extreme Vs Portable instead, then yes, it would be the biggest Vita title announced so far. It's not though.

jvalioli

It doesn't. But whatever, whatever it is should be on PS3 and 360 since otherwise that Catherine work would have been a waste.

Nairume

Banned

Strange Journey was originally intended to be 4 before they decided that it was different enough to be its own thing.

Kind of a Peace Walker situation I guess, though SJ would have still worked as 4 if they kept the title.

Because I bet you a lot more people are (vocal people, at least) are waiting for a new Persona game.

I would be ecstatic about either

GSR

Confession time: I click on Famitsu threads every week in the vain hope there will be some sort of news on Ace Attorney 5.

Takao

Banned
Depends on how you see it. Persona 4 is probably still bigger.

Here's how previous Artdink PSP Gundam games sold:
Gundam Battle Tactics (2005) - 73,275
Gundam Battle Royale (2006) - 114,861
Gundam Battle Chronicle (2007) - 209,891
Gundam Battle Universe (2008) - 252,092
Gundam Assault Survive (2010) - 166,683

And for extra reference the Gundam SEED only Versus Gundam game on the PSP sold 133,087.

The userbase for the Vita is going to be pretty limited when this game is released, so expect to see numbers similar to Tactics and Royale, as opposed to the later games. Combined with the fact that this game only includes SEED units, and doesn't offer a full series roaster of mechs, that should limit the sales even more.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Federation Vs. ZAFT Portable (2007) - 133,087
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam (2008) - 415,891

I think the numbers speak for themselves. If this was Extreme Vs Portable instead, then yes, it would be the biggest Vita title announced so far. It's not though.

Ducky so slow, I posted those numbers already. ;P

I do agree with you that it'll probably be around Tactics and Royale due to the userbase (I don't think it being SEED only will be much of a factor yet), but that still would make it one of the larger Vita third party games. I also fully expect a GvG game on Vita in the near future. It would be way too easy.

7Th

My problem with modern Persona isn't really the tone or the schoolgirls, I just don't really like the lazy randomly generated dungeons and the way the newer games are structured since most of the everyday stuff I find tedious and unappealing.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hopefully they don't feel the pressure to announce it earlier than they usually do with their games. These small updates are enough to keep fans minds at ease.

I don't want to wait more than 6-8 months for the game after the official announcement.

Nairume

Banned
My problem with modern Persona isn't really the tone or the schoolgirls, I just don't really like the lazy randomly generated dungeons and the way the newer games are structured since most of the everyday stuff I find tedious and unappealing.
Persona 4 didn't really have randomized dungeons.

Of course, that also ignores how the main series has always had maze like structures for its dungeons to where they might as well be randomized.

Mpl90

I do agree with you that it'll probably be around Tactics and Royale due to the userbase (I don't think it being SEED only will be much of a factor yet), but that still would make it one of the larger Vita third party games. I also fully expect a GvG game on Vita in the near future. It would be way too easy.

This becomes sadder and sadder every time.

duckroll

Well, too bad for you everyone else is eating it up, including the anime. It's selling so well, it's easily marketable in various forms, and the formula is easy to replicate game after game. Why would they do anything else? The main team calling all the shots at Atlus these days loves Persona anyway. I don't think they're particularly interested making a SMT4. Maybe Kaneko wants to, but the stuff he's interested in gets budgets like Raidou and SJ. It's probably going to stay that way.

What? Did we play a different game?

Nairume

Banned
Well, too bad for you everyone else is eating it up, including the anime. It's selling so well, it's easily marketable in various forms, and the formula is easy to replicate game after game. Why would they do anything else? The main team calling all the shots at Atlus these days loves Persona anyway. I don't think they're particularly interested making a SMT4. Maybe Kaneko wants to, but the stuff he's interested in gets budgets like Raidou and SJ. It's probably going to stay that way.

What? Did we play a different game?

I could have sworn the dungeons were the same when I went back through them. It's been a while since I've played the game, so I could be remembering it wrong.

Definitely, especially considering how popular the PSP ports were.

I just hope Full Boost makes it to consoles. I absolutely love EXVS on PS3.

Vamphuntr

Of course, that also ignores how the main series has always had maze like structures for its dungeons to where they might as well be randomized.

It does have randomized dungeons... And I can't agree with your second point either. The dungeons in both 3 and 4 are made of small randomized floors. They are not as complex or diffcult as the dungeons in P1 and P2. Making them random is also annoying when you are trying to do speedruns. It becomes impossibile to know where the chests with good stuff or where the staircase is.

I prefer well made dungeons than completely random and easy "thrash" floors.

scy

Well, too bad for you everyone else is eating it up, including the anime.

:|

As far as Persona 5 vs SMT4|5, I don't really mind either way. I'll take P5 first, though, just because I'll count SJ as 4 and let's go back and forth here. I do agree that it'd be nice to see better dungeon design rather than randomrandomrandom.

Beth Cyra

Hopefully Gundam SeeD does well on Vita to get hopefully more high profile Gundam games, would love to have some on the platform. Can't say I will be supporting this one, SeeD was okay for one series and then I grew to hate it with how much it's been used in everything.

Persona 4 news seems really cool for those who will be picking it up. Loved the choice of DLC Racer for th review.

Mpl90

ArtDink also handled the 3DS Gundam that came out a little after launch. How did that do?

[3DS] Gundam the 3D Battle (Bandai Namco) - 19.556 / 52.539 / 37,22% 24/03/11

I've also seen that GameDataMuseum updated some of the 3DS titles. It deserves a post in the Media Create thread!

Venfayth

I could have sworn the dungeons were the same when I went back through them. It's been a while since I've played the game, so I could be remembering it wrong.

I'm pretty sure each level of the dungeon was pseudo-random (like 4-5 different possibilities, but not generated) with a few specific levels (where events happen) being the same every single time.

At least, that's how I remember it working. I could be incorrect.

Top Bottom