• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review thread (week of 19th April) + NiGHTS Revolution rumour!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sho nuff's post reminds me that i should worry about sonic team fucking it up before i worry about the waggle wand fucking it up :/

Amir0x

Banned
This is the game that almost everyone loves, and that is definitely perfect for Revolution. I think it's pretty much a match made in heaven.

medrew

woodnotes said:
The hilarious thing is that 99% of people on this board who say "OMFG c@n!t w@!t f0r N!G#TS FTW!!!!" haven't even played Nights on the Saturn and are just hyped up on everyone else's hype.

woodnotes = Nintendon't = ip ban

Although to be serious: I don't understand why it is funny? Excluding your oh so hilarious botching of '1337' speak (can we stop that shit now? It's boring as fuck when applying it to fanboys and the like) it's basically saying that people aren't allowed to get excited about a game because they haven't played the previous incarnation, which means that we should also never get excited over a new IP because it is something we have never experienced before.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
drohne said:
sho nuff's post reminds me that i should worry about sonic team fucking it up before i worry about the waggle wand fucking it up :/

They will.

Amir0x said:
This is the game that almost everyone loves, and that is definitely perfect for Revolution. I think it's pretty much a match made in heaven.

hmm.. i know more people that disliked or even hated the game than I knew that loved it..

for me, it was the reason I bought a Sega Saturn and still have it hooked up.

Would love it if they released a graphically upgraded NiGHTS 1 with Christmas NiGhts included *AND* the lost levels that were to be included in NiGHTS PC but was cancelled.. I think that would be a better game/package than a new nights, personally, but have confidence they'll be able to make a new nights, and make it good.

burning rangers rocked, would love eto have that on a virtual console too...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
norinrad21 said:
sp0rks

check the first page, i made you quite possibly the greatest offer in your life

edit nevermind

i own two copies of nights and 2 copies of christmas nights, i dont need your game!

Krowley

Blackcherry said:
Here's a video of the game for people like me that don't know what it look like. Flying intro rings is fun? Maybe it's something else that make this game so unbelievable (the music theme :) ) but dosen't look fun. I'll have to play it before making a jugdement.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V1D16N-H7No&search=NiGHTs sega

-KOF 2006 :(

thanks man i was looking all over for a vid and i couldn't find one. Is that music really from the game? that is truly bizzare, but very interesting. I read online that it was 2.5D, but that looks like a full 3d game to me..

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just thinking about the possibility of NiGHTS on the Rev makes me wanna make out with my monitor.

rod

Banned
yeh i was on the fence about a rev but gees, if nights came out for it instant buy. instant pre order? christ i still remember the first time i played it....so good

Aaron

Blackcherry said:
-KOF 2006 :(
Not to derail the NiGHTS love-in, but Fami are no fans of SNK, and MI2 got exactly the score I expected it to get from them, which is as unhelpful as all of their scores.

Mr Toast

This so better not be a prank/mistranslation/error.

NiGHTS sequel rumours are an annual event at the least, and this is just an interesting new way to twist the knife in the hearts of fans of Sega if it doesnt end up happening.

Also - my money is on Naka finding a way to ruin Nights.

Shadow the Nightopian!

Aaron said:
Not to derail the NiGHTS love-in, but Fami are no fans of SNK, and MI2 got exactly the score I expected it to get from them, which is as unhelpful as all of their scores.
Why the hate toward SNK from Famitsu?

Include me in the camp that actually played the original NiGHTS on Saturn.

Believe the hype guys, the game was fantastic. The feeling I got from playing NiGHTS for the first time was rivaled only by Super Mario 64 and Virtua Fighter 3 in that generation.

I am not sure how well the Rev controller would work with the game (seems great on paper, I just hope it's not too hard). Chances are it's a remake, instead of a sequel. Yuji Naka said many times that he didn't want to make a sequel that was inferior to the original. He also feared that the game might've gotten quite dated; that's why he didn't port it yet.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well if true, it would definitely justify the rumoured strong support Sega are meant to be giving Revolution.

The trouble is it makes too much sense.

Aaron

Blackcherry said:
Why the hate toward SNK from Famitsu?
No idea. Don't buy enough ads? Whatever the reason, SNK games always seem to get lousy scores, usually 28 or 29. I seem to be one of the few people who really liked the first MI, so I'm sure I'll dig a sequel that looks better, has more characters, and hopefully plays a bit better, like making the side step a little less useless.

rod

Banned
Nash said:
Well if true, it would definitely justify the rumoured strong support Sega are meant to be giving Revolution.

The trouble is it makes too much sense.

dammit why bring segas stupidity and lack of common sense here >=I

Aaron said:
No idea. Don't buy enough ads? Whatever the reason, SNK games always seem to get lousy scores, usually 28 or 29. I seem to be one of the few people who really liked the first MI, so I'm sure I'll dig a sequel that looks better, has more characters, and hopefully plays a bit better, like making the side step a little less useless.
Did you see the trailer for MI2? The game look great. I have a lot of exeptions for this one. It looks like a 3D KOF '98

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
I believe more in an exclusive Sonic Game and Project Rub, the combination is more realistic to me.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Nash said:
hopefully that'll mean a F-Zero GX sequel by AV. plz

loved the style and music, but the gameplay did absolutely nothing for me.

i'll keep on eye on it, but considering Sonic Team hasn't made anything good since early 90's (excluding ChuChu and PSO). although Sonic Rush was great, so maybe there is reason to be hopefull.

in any case, revmote seems quite perfect for NiGHTS

Mr Toast said:
NiGHTS sequel rumours are an annual event at the least, and this is just an interesting new way to twist the knife in the hearts of fans of Sega if it doesnt end up happening.

Exactly. Given the amount of times I've been crushed with disappointment in the past, I'm not going to get even remotely excited about this until I SEE the game and know that it's real. These rumours have come up too often in the past.

The source didn't mention Nights.

It says there's a new action game with a character who is flying in the sky.

Sure, could be Nights. But take it with a grain of salt.

rod said:
sonic team didnt dev sonic rush
well, they still have PSO going for them. but yeah, that and ChuChu, these guys stick some serious ass. although i will say whatever Sonic levels they've made these last few years were sorta fun.

cvxfreak

solarplexus said:

Wait, I read the word Nights in Japanese in the source...

Maybe a game about Tails. :lol

Jonnyram

solarplexus said:

It says:

最近独立したクリエーターが開発を手がけた
Game creator who recently went solo is developing this

ピエロに似た魔神が空を飛ぶアクションゲームのアレが
"that" action game featuring an evil-spirit that looks like a pierrot flying through the air

レボで出る
Coming out for Revolution

Roelatie

Jonnyram said:
It says:

最近独立したクリエーターが開発を手がけた
Game creator who recently went solo is developing this

ピエロに似た魔神が空を飛ぶアクションゲームのアレが
"that" action game featuring an evil-spirit that looks like a pierrot flying through the air

レボで出る
Coming out for Revolution
you had me at in It says: :D

this is super geil klasse!!!!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I've never had the opportunity to play Nights, what exactly is it that makes it such a special game?

Top Bottom