• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review thread (week of 19th April) + NiGHTS Revolution rumour!

Yamauchi

Banned
I loved NiGHTS, absolutely loved it. As far as Yuji Naka is considered, and this is just me, but I loved Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. I also used to play PSO a lot, so I still have faith in Naka.

bobble

I'm about to go hook up the Saturn. NiGHTS with the revolution controller makes too much sense in my brain for me NOT to wet my pants. I don't care if the game is an hour long, I just want to do loop-de-loops.

I'd also like to know why jonnyram was banned. What mod is hiding in the bush giggling about this shit? Did Ami get his feewings hurt?

Also, NiGHTS and all fine and dandy but really, let's get back to Samba. With a revmote in eat hand we're set.

meppi

This game would just be too good to be true so I will try not to get too excited by the rumors, even though it's so hard to do.

I love NiGHTS since the day it came out (where do you thing the name meppi came from ;) ). When people ask what my favorite games are I usually go blank for the first couple of seconds, but then 1 game always pops into my mind directly after that: NiGHTS.

I hope they never release a remake of the game, the original was perfect as it is. The only thing that would be nice with a possible VC version would be the removal of slowdown when you had too many nightopians running around in a level.

So if Sonic Team finally decides to make a sequel, I really hope it would be Air NiGHTS which was being planned for quite a while but never got developed. The Revolution would be perfect for doing the things they were planning to include in it.

sp0rsk said:
i own two copies of nights and 2 copies of christmas nights, i dont need your game!

Must be some kind of disease for us.
Whenever I come across a copy of NiGHTS or Christmas NiGHTS, for some reason I just can't walk out the door without picking it up to give it a good home. :lol
Luckily for me there are barely any stores around here that still sell Saturn games. ;)

Current score is 3 pal and 2 Japanese copies of NiGHTS and 1 Japanese and 3 pal copies of Christmas NiGHTS.:D

evilromero said:
Also, NiGHTS and all fine and dandy but really, let's get back to Samba. With a revmote in eat hand we're set.
we'll file that one under 'Obvious Revolution Games That Must Be Made'

yeah, don't care for the Samba myself, but yeah, if this doesn't make it to Revolution, it will be the dawn of a new era for the legacy that is Sega's stupid business decisions.

i really hope we get a new Space Harrier for rev.

Amir0x

Banned
evilromero said:
I'd also like to know why jonnyram was banned. What mod is hiding in the bush giggling about this shit? Did Ami get his feewings hurt?

Now I feel bad even explaining to you the reason behind it!

Jonnyram didn't do anything wrong. He personally requested he be banned for a few days. He'll be back when the weekend is over.

Mrbob

Cymbal Head said:
If we ever got NiGHTS Rev and Burning Rangers PS3, I think my brain might permanently shut down.

I dunno, I have lost all confidence in Sonic Team to create decent new games in these series. I would almost rather have these games available for download on any virtual service so my memories aren't tarnished.

Mrbob said:
I dunno, I have lost all confidence in Sonic Team to create decent new games in these series. I would almost rather have these games available for download on any virtual service so my memories aren't tarnished.
I wonder if that is in the cards- Saturn downloads I mean. Hell, even some 32X downloads would be nice. If gametap is making it happen why not VC?

And I agree, based on past evidence there is little chance that NiGHTS 2 would be nearly as interesting as the original.

john tv

For whoever was asking, yes, Naka is gone from Sonic Team. His last day was a couple of weeks ago. He's starting his own studio with the support of Sega (so Sega will likely still publish his stuff). The Nights rumor sounds totally plausible to me.

NWO

Error2k4 said:
btw 30+ pages thread in the making.

Doubt it. The only threads that get to 30+ pages about Nintendo are negative threads and for reasons I will never understand that Red Steel game which 99.9% of this board will never buy or play.

Babelfished:

This week ファミ

As for main Tanaka Asano interview

As for the protagonist there is a name. Three men, woman one person
Illustration of the example which surrounds the crystal
Side refuse black demon Taoist on extreme left: アルクゥ
From the left 2nd crimson point white demon Taoist: レフィア
From the right 2nd soldier: ルーネス
Red demon Taoist on extreme right: イングズ

As for battle 1 picture.
Usually 2 pictures. In field and town in upper picture map indication.

Becoming everyone same job, the eye which you saw delicately is different
In order to be agreeable to current age, acquiring personality to everyone, in order feeling to be able to import, it does character setting.
Other than ルーネス that there is a れ background.
So, it does not change the original story itself altogether.
The わ る episode which it waits in the protagonist increases
To in addition to, the crystal, the world of light, the world and the floating continent of the darkness, the pattern where the new worldwide setting which connects ザンデ and these keywords are added

As for job at all 23 kinds.
First stage the っ ぴ which does it is. As for onion swordsman in another job.
From capacity point modification schedule. Balance of each job second look.
Easy to use Viking and the like which it is difficult to use.
As for the ninja and the wise man in the treatment which is equal to other job?
We would like to try to have also the parameter where the white demon Taoist is stronger than the derived teacher.

As for operation button and touch pen both correspondence

Good quality of tempo is reproduced

' Also John rust Don Asano, "makes save III fan to, no matter what,! "The っ て it is said, it is.

meppi

john tv said:
For whoever was asking, yes, Naka is gone from Sonic Team. His last day was a couple of weeks ago. He's starting his own studio with the support of Sega (so Sega will likely still publish his stuff).

What? So the rumor was true after all?!? :-O

john tv said:
For whoever was asking, yes, Naka is gone from Sonic Team. His last day was a couple of weeks ago. He's starting his own studio with the support of Sega (so Sega will likely still publish his stuff). The Nights rumor sounds totally plausible to me.

Is this confirmed in the famitsu or something? Shit I wish I had a subscription to it.
Kind of surprising we haven't heard anything about it....gonna make me go slog through damn 2ch.

Mrbob said:

Ah, let me qualify my previous statement. If we ever get good NiGHTS Rev and Burning Rangers PS3, my brain might permanently shut down.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
phantomile co. said:
we'll file that one under 'Obvious Revolution Games That Must Be Made'

yeah, don't care for the Samba myself, but yeah, if this doesn't make it to Revolution, it will be the dawn of a new era for the legacy that is Sega's stupid business decisions.

i really hope we get a new Space Harrier for rev.

Space Harrier also features flying through the skies, right? So this mystery game could be NiGHTS *or* Space Harrier. Or maybe a new ip? If Sega is funding/publishing it, it still could be Sega ip's, but was Naka ever involved with Space Harrier?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Aurora said:
I haven't actually played NiGHTS but I've heard great things, especially on GAF. I'm already excited.
I would be too if this was the same Sega of 6 years ago.

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
DrGAKMAN said:
Space Harrier also features flying through the skies, right? So this mystery game could be NiGHTS *or* Space Harrier. Or maybe a new ip? If Sega is funding/publishing it, it still could be Sega ip's, but was Naka ever involved with Space Harrier?

I continue saying that is a Nights game with Reala as the protagonist since Reala jus fits perfectly to the definition of evil spirit with Pierrot aspect.

Drakken

dasein said:
I've never played NiGHTS before. Is it any good?

No, it's actually horrible. That's why everyone's excited about another one.

:p

I've never played it either, but it's supposed to be good, and it's certainly adored by many people.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
evilromero said:
I wonder if that is in the cards- Saturn downloads I mean. Hell, even some 32X downloads would be nice. If gametap is making it happen why not VC?

And I agree, based on past evidence there is little chance that NiGHTS 2 would be nearly as interesting as the original.

It'd be tough. Isn't Saturn emulation particularly poor?

Teddman

rod said:
sonic team didnt dev sonic rush
Yes, they did, though it was a collaborative effort with Dimps.
Probationsmack said:
Nights was pretty much the equivalent of today's 2d sonic games. Barely interactive roller coaster rides. Thats not a good thing
I see, you never played it.
CurseoftheGods said:
NiGHTS was vastly underrated by the gaming press.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/198201.asp?q=nights

I remember videogames.com giving it a 6.8 too. =(
Gamespot later retracted the review (it's not on the site anymore), and the author apologized publicly on the TNL forum, saying it was written "in haste and ignorance."
phantomile co. said:
i'll keep on eye on it, but considering Sonic Team hasn't made anything good since early 90's (excluding ChuChu and PSO).
You forgot Feel the Magic, which you loved.

ahmad

Banned
Fuzzy said:
I'm playing the video over and over just to hear the song.

That is just sad...

Actually, I take that back. when I am playing SOTC, I keep watching the intro just to hear the music.

Kicko

Fuzzy said:
I'm playing the video over and over just to hear the song.

I've replayed the video 3 times already because of it. :lol

Anyways, let's hope there's some truth to that rumor. A Nights game for Rev would be pretty nice.

All I remember of Nights was playing it at a kiosk at Wal-Mart. It had some awesome 2D wth 3D background graphics, and the sense of freedom was magnificent.

Think they'll keep it in the 2D/3D style or really expand it?

All I remember of Nights was playing it at a kiosk at Wal-Mart. It had some awesome 2D wth 3D background graphics, and the sense of freedom was magnificent.

Think they'll keep it in the 2D/3D style or really expand it?

colinp said:
I can't believe some of these DC era Sonic Team haters....

Don't you guys remember Samba De Amigo?!?!?!

Of course Amigo should return! Miyamoto should wear a sombrero to the press conference this year, with a remote in each hand.

:lol I love GAF. Even thinking about the possibility that a NiGHTS sequel might be in development, everyone is automatically assuming that it'll likely be shit. :D

I never understood the 'NiGHTS is too perfect to make a sequel' thing. NiGHTS is an incredible game, and one of my all-time favourites, but it is by no means a game that can't be built on even further. Whether it was Naka or someone else in Sonic Team I'm not sure, but whoever it was who came up with the concept was incredibly imaginative - who's to say that person didn't have even more cool ideas that they just couldn't implement at the time?

My biggest worry is that this is yet another bullshit rumour. If it's true, though, I'll have every hope that it'll be an incredible game. Expect to be disappointed, and you inevitably will be.

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
Now I feel bad even explaining to you the reason behind it!

Jonnyram didn't do anything wrong. He personally requested he be banned for a few days. He'll be back when the weekend is over.

His posts have had an upset tone this last week. Should be a good time to cool off.

i just read the rev issue of G.I harrison says nintendo will have 20 games from nintendo during first 6 months of lunch. this does not include 3rd party. that is what i like to hear,

sorry about that. but back to nights and rev rumors. how much do you thing famitsu will rev next week, just a list of game or will it include screens and a write up ?

Luckett_X

Banned
Ohshima, who left Sonic Team designed all the NiGHTS characters. I really feel for the guy, he's surrounded by mediocrity at Artoon, and can only watch as his Sega creations are pimped out for maximum profit.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Nights is one of the more charming games. If there's a Revolution Nights in works... whoaaa, that would be amuzing!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom