• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu sales week 17: Nier Replicant launch week

ethomaz

Banned
"Sales era Genius Member"

lol

Wtf is wrong with current generation that always make big assumptions based on limited data? He`s preteding to know something based on absolutely nothing...
He took the TOP30 for each week... put on Excel sim just these that are in TOP30... ignored digital... made the claim and called a day off lol

that chris1964 poster is an oldie. He’s the guy who did all the Japanese sales threads on GAF since like the PS2 days

I’ve noticed a lot of “classic” GAF users have migrated to reset era?
He do a good job posting the the data but presenting the TOP30 physical says anything about market share is just weird.

If there are 20 games selling 1k outside the TOP30 already changes completely his claim... the fact there is way more than 50 games selling Japan tells you a lot (Famitsu used to share TOP1000 in the past).

Plus the digital that seems like is something that doesn’t exists for him.

Last edited:

hroerekr

He took the TOP30 for each week... put on Excel sim just these that are in TOP30... ignored digital... made the claim and called a day off lol

He do a good job posting the the data but presenting the TOP30 physical says anything about market share is just weird.

If there are 20 games selling 1k outside the TOP30 already changes completely his claim... the fact there is way more than 50 games selling Japan tells you a lot (Famitsu used to share TOP1000 in the past).

Plus the digital that seems like is something that doesn’t exists for him.

I doubt the games outside TOP30 would make a difference in the overall picture. The cut-off number is just too low already.
Famitsu itself publishes accumulated data once in a while (that technically, would account beyond TOP30) and we never see a significant difference compared to TOP30 only.

Wait, did Switch Lite actually sell more than twice as much in total as the base Switch? If so then why is it selling less on a weekly basis now?

nerdface

Banned
And the Switch has how many years of a headstart on the PS5? Relevant arguments are upsetting you?

Keep trying.

You realize this is a weekly sales thread right?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a dlss pro switch continue to trounce the PS5 well into the future.

...but Sony is finally outselling itself!

NonPhixion

You realize this is a weekly sales thread right?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a dlss pro switch continue to trounce the PS5 well into the future.

...but Sony is finally outselling itself!
Ahh ok I see how you’re trying to troll. If we consider these specific variables.

Keep trying.

NonPhixion

ad-hominem ATTACK!

sorry your favorite LLC got outsold this week...do you need a hug?
A hug would be nice, Ma'am. Outsold on this specific week and in this specific region. How dare you bring up the overall picture when I'm trying to take a shit on something for this week.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Doesn’t the Switch have like 60 million to go before it Donkey punches the PS4?
PS4 is currently at 115M while Switch was at 79.87M last december of 2020 and probably around 84M at the end of March 2021.

By the end of 2021, Nintendo Switch is going to trail with only ~15M behind PS4 and destined to outsell it next year despite 3.5 years headstart of PS4.

I think at this point you should've realized Nintendo Switch is the second fastest selling console behind only to NDS.

PS4 will stop at 120M based on shipments trajectory while Switch has a chance to surpass NDS and PS2 numbers of being the best selling video game hardware of all time.

Last edited:
PS4 is currently at 115M while Switch was at 79.87M last december of 2020 and probably around 84M at the end of March 2021.

By the end of 2021, Nintendo Switch is going to trail with only ~15M behind PS4 and destined to outsell it next year despite 3.5 years headstart of PS4.

I think at this point you should've realized Nintendo Switch is the second fastest selling console behind only to NDS.

PS4 will stop at 120M based on shipments trajectory while Switch has a chance to surpass NDS and PS2 numbers of being the best selling video game hardware of all time.
I don't know why ps4 should stop at 120. Plus switch having nds and ps2 legs is wishfull thinking.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Unfortunately, scalpers issues are still prevalent in Japan.
I know you're kidding. But in case that is the explanation, eventually those unsold PS5s will reach consumers, and then the software sales will come. It will be like opening the floodgates..

At least that's what I'm telling myself :messenger_beaming:

ethomaz

Banned
I'd love to hear the argument that explains how Switch competes against mobile phones of all things, and yet at the same time somehow doesn't compete with PS4 or PS5.
Switch is a hybrid that converged Wii U and 3DS market... how it is doing compared with the combination of the two predecessors?

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
Switch is a hybrid that converged Wii U and 3DS market... how it is doing compared with the combination of the two predecessors?
after 4 years the switch is at 17.2 million vs 21 million for both combine, the at the end of 5 the wiiu and 3ds were at about 24 million combine, the switch should be pretty close to that, if the swtich gets another year as good as this one it will be less than a million away from the console combine
and after 6 years combine they hit 26 million, switch should be able to exceed that unless it really falls off a cliff

ethomaz

Banned
That's a take...
Why? I believe it is doing better... that shows how successful it is.

after 4 years the switch is at 17.2 million vs 21 million for both combine, the at the end of 5 the wiiu and 3ds were at about 24 million combine, the switch should be pretty close to that, if the swtich gets another year as good as this one it will be less than a million away from the console combine
and after 6 years combine they hit 26 million, switch should be able to exceed that unless it really falls off a cliff
Thanks.
Looks like it should end better than previous gen for Nintendo... that is really a success.

If we discount the overlap (users that brought both) the Switch is probably even better situation.

Last edited:

Woopah

It will probably outsell both eventually, but I what I believe Kreotan is saying is that Switch hardware shouldn't be compared against PS5 hardware but against the sales of mobile phones.

Which is obviously ridiculous. Switch, PlayStation and Xbox all compete with each other, which is why they are compared by sales trackers globally.

Kerotan

I'd love to hear the argument that explains how Switch competes against mobile phones of all things, and yet at the same time somehow doesn't compete with PS4 or PS5.
I was joking but switch is a different segment to the ps5. Different markets and they dominate them both. Just look at Nintendo and Sony's profit reports. Near flawless strategies the last few years.

Woopah

I was joking but switch is a different segment to the ps5. Different markets and they dominate them both. Just look at Nintendo and Sony's profit reports. Near flawless strategies the last few years.
I would say they are following different strategies and both are currently very successful, but I wouldn't go as far to say they are not competing.

For example, if someone was to say that PlayStation 4 will end with higher overall software sales than Switch than I would say "That is very likely to be a true statement". I wouldn't say "its not fair to compare Switch and PS4 software sales because they're in different segments."

Its the same for hardware. There are some markets like East Asia and North America where Switch will sell more than PS4, and there are some markets like Europe where PS4 will sell more than Switch. I don't think there's anything wrong in making those comparisons.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I would say they are following different strategies and both are currently very successful, but I wouldn't go as far to say they are not competing.

For example, if someone was to say that PlayStation 4 will end with higher overall software sales than Switch than I would say "That is very likely to be a true statement". I wouldn't say "its not fair to compare Switch and PS4 software sales because they're in different segments."

Its the same for hardware. There are some markets like East Asia and North America where Switch will sell more than PS4, and there are some markets like Europe where PS4 will sell more than Switch. I don't think there's anything wrong in making those comparisons.
I believe PS4 will sell more due the 3rd-party support... first-party only Switch will sell more but the 3rd-party support is so different that overall the PS4 will sell more software (a lot more).

Woopah

I believe PS4 will sell more due the 3rd-party support... first-party only Switch will sell more but the 3rd-party support is so different that overall the PS4 will sell more software (a lot more).
Fully agree. Switch may sell more third party software in Japan one day, but no way they'll do that in the West. For people who want to play the biggest western franchises (COD, Battlefield, GTA, Assassin's Creed, EA/2K sports games etc.) they choose PS4 not Switch.

hroerekr

Why? I believe it is doing better... that shows how successful it is.

The comparison still does not make sense.
It ignores the overlap between consumers from both markets. A previous customer with WiiU and 3DS will buy a single Switch for both needs if they stay in the Nintendo ecosystem.
For the portable only market, there is also the barrier of the new hardware and software price going from 3DS (that went as low as 129$) to Switch. A portion of that market won't migrate.

Switch is doing better because on top of the old customers they managed to retain, they are also reaching new people.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Everyone is competing even apple and Google play stores gaming sections. But switch as a console hasn't weakened PlayStation as a brand despite being a smash hit WW.

noshten

TOP 50 2021 Famitsu:
  1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise (Capcom) - 1.970.371
  2. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu (Konami) - 892.038
  3. [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 674.662
  4. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure - 435.704
  5. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 365.329
  6. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 336.769
  7. [NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (Marvelous) – 274.926
  8. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 236.322
  9. [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft) - 207.660
  10. [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield + Expansion Pass - 199.916
  11. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics - 165.728
  12. [NSW] Splatoon 2 - 157.332
  13. [NSW] Bravely Default II (Square Enix) – 136.091
  14. [NSW] Super Mario Party - 135.788
  15. [PS4] NieR Replicant (Square Enix) - 108.838 NEW
  16. [NSW] Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 94.458
  17. [NSW] Super Mario 3D All-Stars - 89.899
  18. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 80.924
  19. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 70.674
  20. [NSW] Little Nightmares II (Bandai Namco) - 66.414
  21. [NSW] Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (Marvelous) - 65.620
  22. [NSW] Fitness Boxing 2 (Imagineer) - 58.739
  23. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S (Square Enix) - 56.153
  24. [NSW] Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Koei Tecmo) - 53.364
  25. [NSW] Human Fall Flat (Teyon Japan) - 53.252
  26. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 - 52.981
  27. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey - 49.865
  28. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (Sega) - 36.105
  29. [NSW] Family Trainer (Bandai Namco) - 35.273
  30. [NSW] Fishing Spirits (Bandai Namco) - 35.247
  31. [NSW] Luigi's Mansion 3 - 34.622
  32. [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! (Bandai Namco) - 30.652
  33. [NSW] Densha de Go!! (Square Enix) - 29.624
  34. [NSW] eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2020 (Konami) - 27.539
  35. [NSW] Disgaea 6 (Nippon Ichi) - 25.744
  36. [PS4] Little Nightmares II (Bandai Namco) - 24.968
  37. [NSW] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training - 23.457
  38. [NSW] Apex Legends (Electronic Arts) - 22.921
  39. [NSW] The Quintessential Quintuplets (Mages.) - 20.374
  40. [NSW] A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism (Artdink) - 20.043
  41. [PS4] Disgaea 6 (Nippon Ichi) - 18.289
  42. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War (Sony) - 16.454
  43. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI S (Square Enix) - 16.352
  44. [PS4] Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (Marvelous) - 16.235
  45. [NSW] Jack Jeanne (Broccoli) - 15.827
  46. [NSW] Kirby Star Allies - 14.878
  47. [NSW] Winning Post 9 2021 (Koei Tecmo) - 14.368
  48. [NSW] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega) - 13.942
  49. [PS4] NieR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition (Square Enix) - 13.712
  50. [PS4] Winning Post 9 2021 (Koei Tecmo) - 13.221
NSW - 42
PS4 - 8

NSW TOTAL: 7.381.595 (97%)
PS4/PS5 TOTAL: 228.069 (3%)
TOTAL: 7.609.664

TOP 10 PUBLISHERS:

1. Nintendo - 3.019.392
  2. Capcom - 1.970.371
  3. Konami - 919.577
  4. Square Enix - 360.770
  5. Marvelous - 356.781
  6. Microsoft - 207.660
  7. Pokemon Co - 199.916
  8. Bandai Namco - 192.554
  9. Koei Tecmo - 80.953
  10. Imagineer - 58.739
With the launch of Nier Replicant PlayStation ecosystem nearly doubles it's total compared to last year; also it allows Square to temporary move to 4th place in the Publisher rankings.
In May the major titles are Pokemon Snap(Pokemon Co), Resident Evil: Village(Capcom), Rune Factory 5(Marvelous) & Miitopia(Nintendo):

[N65] Pokemon Snap (Pokemon Co) - 94.846 / 495.784

For Snap, we are likely to see an opening between 150K to 200K long term we should expect it to easily surpass half a million by the middle of the year.

[PS4] Resident Evil 2 (Capcom) - 265.324 / 418.236
[PS4] Resident Evil 7 (Capcom) - 231.188 / 365.896
[PS4] Resident Evil 3 (Capcom) - 189.490 / 269.187

For Village, it's looking like it's launch will be below 150K combined across the PS4/PS5 - things might pick-up if there is good WoM for the title but at the moment it's questionable if it can surpass the niche barrier of 200K

[3DS] Rune Factory 4 (Marvelous) - 88.700 / 183.445
[NSW] Rune Factory 4 Special (Marvelous) - 37.916 / 62.412

Rune Factory 5
will be another franchise record for Marvelous unless they manage to once again drop the ball the same way they did with Olive Town at launch. It's the company's biggest effort to date, and it's releasing at a very good time where it will have a chance to stand out. Overall I expect this one to have high potential if it has good WoM, outselling Olive Town to become the best selling Marvelous game in Japan of all time.

[3DS] Miitopia (Nintendo) - 28.231 / 240.340

I think Nintendo has big expectations for Miitopia in Japan. So at the moment a launch of 100K and over 500K lifetime does seem very likely for the title.

Last edited:

SoraNoKuni

Everytime I see Xbox Japan numbers It reminds me of that kid on XBOX ONE launch which got asked if they like Playstation or Xbox more and he replied "What's an Xbox?".

Sony seems to get some momentum in Japan but even so Nintendo is the market leader by far.

Last edited:

VolticArchangel

Gold Member
A little off-topic, can any of you please help me out finding PS5/XSX somewhere in Saitama or Tokyo? Don't care if it's Yodobashi or Biccamera.

Or at least, please link me to the thread where console stock updates, I'm pretty sure there was one here on GAF and I forgot to follow it.

Thanks in advance, GAF.

ethomaz

Banned
Not a single PS5 game in the TOP50?
It is not official from Famitsu... it is a combination of TOP30 so if the game not entered in the TOP30 it won’t show in thhat made up TOP50.

Let me guess... that TOP50 come from VGCharts?

Last edited:
ComG! Orders, april 26 - may 02

zDcEm73.png

NSW: 13
PS4: 5
PS5: 2

hroerekr

They are both successful yes, agreed

PS5 has only had very small releases the last 4 months. The next 8 months look way better though.

Yes, but big games from launch are also not selling. If the limited supply constrained the sales of those games at launch, as more people get their hands on PS5s I expected to see them again on the charts. I hope is not too late for Demon's Souls to get more love from Japan.

This year we had a few big games like Yakuza and Judgement getting PS5 versions and although I didn't expected them to top the rankings, they could at least have charted.

RE8 will be a big thermometer of the situation.

Woopah

Yes, but big games from launch are also not selling. If the limited supply constrained the sales of those games at launch, as more people get their hands on PS5s I expected to see them again on the charts. I hope is not too late for Demon's Souls to get more love from Japan.

This year we had a few big games like Yakuza and Judgement getting PS5 versions and although I didn't expected them to top the rankings, they could at least have charted.

Yes Miles Morales and Demons Souls not appearing in the top 30 much is a little odd, but Yakuza and Judgement were late ports so I wouldn't expect them to do well. I'd imagine that the majority of PS5 owners right now already owned PS4s.

MrA

Banned

this definitely will be telling, Yakuza Ishin (granted a launch title) split about 60:40 ps3 to ps4 but it should be a good indicator as to how many ps5s actually went to Japan,

Kerotan

They are both successful yes, agreed

PS5 has only had very small releases the last 4 months. The next 8 months look way better though.
The ps5 catalogue includes ps4 games and many of those are FTP or GAAS. If people are buying a Ps5 and continuing to play these titles and spend money on MTX it's still good.

noshten

Not a single PS5 game in the TOP50?

For right now what I post is compilation of all the titles that managed to chart in the Top 30 thus far this year, but keeping in mind that games on the Switch have much stronger legs even outside of the Top 30.. well for the titles launched on the PS5 thus far(and there aren't that many) it would be very difficult to make the chart.

So far only nine PS5 games have made Famitsu's Top 30. We know that Miles Morales and Demon Souls the two top selling games on the PS5 were below 36.5K units at the end of 2020 since they didn't make the Top 100 and Gran Turismo was the 100th best selling game with 36.5K sales. The last update we got for these two titles was in Week 10(7 weeks ago) and both were around 40K sales, considering the last known numbers of Miles Morales were around 24K in Week 48 of 2020, it's likely that it ended up around 30K EoY with Demon's Souls in that ball-park. Meaning that up until Week 10 when they last charted they hold sold around 10K additional units outside the chart. Even with the best case scenario of 1K units per week since than we are talking about around 20K sales so far for them this year outside of the chart.

Since other games also happen to sell outside the Top 30 chart, the same exercise could be applied to them, for example Jack Jeanne could be at 25K instead of 15K since it was sold out at launch and restocked several weeks later. There is also titles that we know are lesser evergreens like Kirby & Mario & Sonic that could very well have already surpassed 30K since they've been outside of the Top 30 since the start of the year.

This is the main reason I work with known numbers from Famitsu Top 30, unless they release their official figures.

The main conclusion is that PS5 is lacking compelling software for Japan during it's first half an year on the market and this is unlikely to change drastically in the near future.
Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Black Ops - Cold War, Godfall, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Outriders, Judgement are the games released so far that managed to chart and they have struggled to make and impact, but that's fairly expected as basically it's a bunch of ports of PS4 games or Western games and one Remake of PS3 game.

Famitsu might release the Top 100 half way through the year but I doubt any games besides Resident Evil: Village, Scarlet Nexus have a chance to make the Top 50. They released such numbers for the last time in 2019 July. The cutoff point I anticipate to see mid year in the Top 50 will be around 40K a figure no older PS5 games are likely to hit by end of June this year.
Also even beyond looking at the following Quarter we notice that the only other major games that have been dated so far that should surpass 40K are Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade & Tails of Arise.

Japanese third parties have historically been the major driving force behind the PlayStation's success in Japan, but they are also fairly slow to transition to new gen, putting the PS5 in a very unfavorable position from different directions:
- third parties embracing the Switch
- Sony as a whole lacks 1st Party titles that really make the PS5 a compelling console for Japanese mass audience
- PS5 price is high and the console takes up a lot of space
- Western AAA games aren't exactly abundant at the moment
- Switch as a whole hitting it's software and hardware peak
- second hand market and backwards comparability

Finally the extraordinary demand outside of Japan I believe masks the underlining problems. As currently PS5 software even with digital is performing at the level Xbox360 achieved in the country during it's first six months on the market. One example is Dead or Alive 4 achieving 100K sales on the system a figure that even with digital Miles Morales hasn't likely hit yet. The only logical explanation is that a fare bit of the hardware sold in Japan has found it's way to other markets that are willing to pay twice or three times the retail price. With the Chinese launch coming on May 15th we might get an idea if there is truly untapped demand in Japan that would help software, because at the current time this is by far the only explanation of why PS5 software is performing at these levels.

Last edited:
RAKUTEN Hardware Orders, april 26 - may 02

01 - NSW red/blue
02 - NSW grey
03 - NSW lite coral
04 - NSW lite yellow
05 - NSW lite turquoise
06 - PS4 black 500 g
07 - NSW lite grey

hroerekr

For right now what I post is compilation of all the titles that managed to chart in the Top 30 thus far this year, but keeping in mind that games on the Switch have much stronger legs even outside of the Top 30.. well for the titles launched on the PS5 thus far(and there aren't that many) it would be very difficult to make the chart.

So far only nine PS5 games have made Famitsu's Top 30. We know that Miles Morales and Demon Souls the two top selling games on the PS5 were below 36.5K units at the end of 2020 since they didn't make the Top 100 and Gran Turismo was the 100th best selling game with 36.5K sales. The last update we got for these two titles was in Week 10(7 weeks ago) and both were around 40K sales, considering the last known numbers of Miles Morales were around 24K in Week 48 of 2020, it's likely that it ended up around 30K EoY with Demon's Souls in that ball-park. Meaning that up until Week 10 when they last charted they hold sold around 10K additional units outside the chart. Even with the best case scenario of 1K units per week since than we are talking about around 20K sales so far for them this year outside of the chart.

Since other games also happen to sell outside the Top 30 chart, the same exercise could be applied to them, for example Jack Jeanne could be at 25K instead of 15K since it was sold out at launch and restocked several weeks later. There is also titles that we know are lesser evergreens like Kirby & Mario & Sonic that could very well have already surpassed 30K since they've been outside of the Top 30 since the start of the year.

This is the main reason I work with known numbers from Famitsu Top 30, unless they release their official figures.

The main conclusion is that PS5 is lacking compelling software for Japan during it's first half an year on the market and this is unlikely to change drastically in the near future.
Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Black Ops - Cold War, Godfall, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Outriders, Judgement are the games released so far that managed to chart and they have struggled to make and impact, but that's fairly expected as basically it's a bunch of ports of PS4 games or Western games and one Remake of PS3 game.

Famitsu might release the Top 100 half way through the year but I doubt any games besides Resident Evil: Village, Scarlet Nexus have a chance to make the Top 50. They released such numbers for the last time in 2019 July. The cutoff point I anticipate to see mid year in the Top 50 will be around 40K a figure no older PS5 games are likely to hit by end of June this year.
Also even beyond looking at the following Quarter we notice that the only other major games that have been dated so far that should surpass 40K are Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade & Tails of Arise.

Japanese third parties have historically been the major driving force behind the PlayStation's success in Japan, but they are also fairly slow to transition to new gen, putting the PS5 in a very unfavorable position from different directions:
- third parties embracing the Switch
- Sony as a whole lacks 1st Party titles that really make the PS5 a compelling console for Japanese mass audience
- PS5 price is high and the console takes up a lot of space
- Western AAA games aren't exactly abundant at the moment
- Switch as a whole hitting it's software and hardware peak
- second hand market and backwards comparability

Finally the extraordinary demand outside of Japan I believe masks the underlining problems. As currently PS5 software even with digital is performing at the level Xbox360 achieved in the country during it's first six months on the market. One example is Dead or Alive 4 achieving 100K sales on the system a figure that even with digital Miles Morales hasn't likely hit yet. The only logical explanation is that a fare bit of the hardware sold in Japan has found it's way to other markets that are willing to pay twice or three times the retail price. With the Chinese launch coming on May 15th we might get an idea if there is truly untapped demand in Japan that would help software, because at the current time this is by far the only explanation of why PS5 software is performing at these levels.

Great analysis. Thanks for the clarification.

Woopah

The ps5 catalogue includes ps4 games and many of those are FTP or GAAS. If people are buying a Ps5 and continuing to play these titles and spend money on MTX it's still good.
Yes but microtransactions and good software sales are not mutually exclusive. Switch can manage it in Japan and PS5 can manage it in other countries.

Kerotan

Yes but microtransactions and good software sales are not mutually exclusive. Switch can manage it in Japan and PS5 can manage it in other countries.
Games like warzone, fortnite, destiny and rainbow 6 are massive on ps4/5.

I'm a Ps5 owner and since launch I've Platinumed days gone which was free, Ghost of tsutshima I bought for €30, astros playroom I've Platinumed, Platinumed jedi fallen order and completed star wars squadrons which I got for €1 through ea play and the last guardian which was free.

I just started control which was also free with ps plus.

Also played a shit ton of Rocket league and warzone.

So as you can see I'm very satisfied with my gaming content and spending lots of time playing it. But I'm not adding many sales to these traditional gaming charts.

Ratchet and clank next month will be my first Ps5 game I buy and I'll get it digital. After that I'll get miles morales on sale in the summer hopefully.

So you can look at these Japanese charts and think nobody's playing their Ps5 but in reality they are..

Unlike the ps4 which couldn't play the most popular ps3 games the ps5 can. So naturally we'll continue to play our fav games we already own.

Look at Sony's financials. The MTX numbers are huge. Physical sales are now just 5% of overall PlayStation revenue.

Last edited:

Woopah

Games like warzone, fortnite, destiny and rainbow 6 are massive on ps4/5.

I'm a Ps5 owner and since launch I've Platinumed days gone which was free, Ghost of tsutshima I bought for €30, astros playroom I've Platinumed, Platinumed jedi fallen order and completed star wars squadrons which I got for €1 through ea play and the last guardian which was free.

I just started control which was also free with ps plus.

Also played a shit ton of Rocket league and warzone.

So as you can see I'm very satisfied with my gaming content and spending lots of time playing it. But I'm not adding many sales to these traditional gaming charts.

Ratchet and clank next month will be my first Ps5 game I buy and I'll get it digital. After that I'll get miles morales on sale in the summer hopefully.

So you can look at these Japanese charts and think nobody's playing their Ps5 but in reality they are..

Unlike the ps4 which couldn't play the most popular ps3 games the ps5 can. So naturally we'll continue to play our fav games we already own.

Look at Sony's financials. The MTX numbers are huge. Physical sales are now just 5% of overall PlayStation revenue.
Yes but none of that means the software sales aren't low.

I'm sure there are plenty of Xbox owners in Spain who are very satisfied with their gaming content, spend lots of time with it and buy digital games and microtransactions. Doesn't mean Xbox's software sales in Spain are good

Kerotan

Yes but none of that means the software sales aren't low.

I'm sure there are plenty of Xbox owners in Spain who are very satisfied with their gaming content, spend lots of time with it and buy digital games and microtransactions. Doesn't mean Xbox's software sales in Spain are good
In fairness sales of the Xbox itself are so tiny. But those who bought it I'm sure are happy.

Top Bottom