• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu teases big scoop next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

There's no way it'll be Persona 5. That'd make the Persona 4 Dancing game that releases before it DOA.

Why would it? That makes no sense. People aren't buying Persona spin-offs because they haven't seen any news on Persona 5. They're buying Persona spin-offs because they really like the characters in the franchise and want more of that shit.

FluxWaveZ

There's no way it'll be Persona 5. That'd make the Persona 4 Dancing game that releases before it DOA.

P5 and P4D are tangentially related, at best. Not the same platforms. Not the same genre. Not even the same developers. They might still want to focus on P4D a bit before anything P5, but I heavily doubt media revolving around P5 would negatively impact P4D sales, especially not in a big way.

crinale

Also I've just noticed Famitsu's tease said "big scoops".
If it is for unannounced games they usually clearly state it like "new scoop".

Hoping to be proven wrong, but...

Final Fantasy 7 Remake for mobile.

Doc-Rivers.gif

Can't wait to see Final Fantasy XVII

Gooch's son coming in with the revengence to oversee! Directed/written/composed/produced/acted (all characters) by Hiroyuki Ito! GAF turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

Opiate

Famitsu already announced that major overhaul shall be applied to articles from the next issue.
They'll start to have articles regarding mobile games.

Thank goodness. I'm glad to see the enthusiast press gradually beginning to admit that mobile and social gaming exist.

Could it be related....? :

KHinsider reported a few days ago that a TWEWY event, "TWEWY Preview Night", will take place on the 7th of August at ARTNIA, with special guests including Tetsuya Nomura (character designer), Tatsuya Kando (director) and Ichiro Hazama (producer)...
I know it is not the first time they held a special event for TWEWY, but this one seems quite big to me...
More at the link :
http://www.khinsider.com/news/The-Wo...th-3717?page=3

...probably not. ;-(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thank goodness. I'm glad to see the enthusiast press gradually beginning to admit that mobile and social gaming exist.
They also added a pretty decent web portal at app.famitsu.com they've been running for a while, but this would definitely be a step forward in fully recognizing the way things have headed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Could it be related....? :

KHinsider reported a few days ago that a TWEWY event, "TWEWY Preview Night", will take place on the 7th of August at ARTNIA, with special guests including Tetsuya Nomura (character designer), Tatsuya Kando (director) and Ichiro Hazama (producer)...
I know it is not the first time they held a special event for TWEWY, but this one seems quite big to me...
More at the link :
http://www.khinsider.com/news/The-Wo...th-3717?page=3

...probably not. ;-(
Well it's not impossible:

Famitsu already announced that major overhaul shall be applied to articles from the next issue.
They'll start to have articles regarding mobile games.

crinale

http://i.imgur.com/d3kRQCx.jpg

I'm sure "Puzzles and Dragons" listed here isn't referring to 3DS version came out last year, so...
The thing is IIRC Kadokawa has been occasionally releasing Famitsu Mobage and Famitsu Gree, as special issues. Maybe mobile gaming gets tracked by this magazine more often from now...

_woLf

If Persona 5 is still shipping this Winter in Japan, this has got to be it.

A TGS reveal for P5 seems really late if it's shipping this year.

FluxWaveZ

If Persona 5 is still shipping this Winter in Japan, this has got to be it.

A TGS reveal for P5 seems really late if it's shipping this year.

But it wasn't announced strictly for this year, so there's nothing necessarily late about Persona 5's situation.

Frolow

Banned

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh wow at all the Persona 5 posts haha.

It will be Persona 4 Dancing All Night and you will like it!

Miku cameo in Dancing All Night would be a pretty big scoop for me.
Luka cameo would be a megaton

In reality... Right now anything not involving mobile gaming I'd consider a "big scoop".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom