• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu thread this week (reviews first)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
duckroll said:
There are some details about GT5 Prologue. The demo hits 20th October. Really leaving now. :(

グランツーリスモ5プロローグ(PS3/SCE/12月13日発売予定)
・体験版は10/20に配信
・体験版では謎のクルマ"覆面GT-R"に乗れる
・デイトナがGTシリーズ初登場
・世界中のクルマ情報番組が観られるGT.TV
・製品版のオフラインレースイベントで貯めたお金を使って
魅惑の新車を手に入れることができる

What? A demo of a "demo" doesn't make any sense!

Oh well. Better than waiting with nothing I guess.

Jonnyram

GT5 Prologue
- release Dec 13
- demo version from Oct 20
- mysterious disguised GT-R will be driveable in the demo version
- first time Daytona has been in the GT games
- watch car info programmes from around the world on GT.TV
- use points you gain from offline events in the final product to buy fascinating cars

Guitar Hero
PS3/PS2/Wii - Activision - this winter
Huh, no 360 version in Japan!?

Wollan

I doubt there's a demo? Sure you read that right? They're removing GTHD apparantly as soon as GT5:p releases, I doubt they would put up a demo.

Edit: You read that right. Maybe this could mean no DS3 before Dec.13th? So no DS3 announcement at this TGS?

Barakov

Jonnyram said:
Guitar Hero

Well........I mean it IS Japan. ;) Seriously, still quite strange given how the PS3 is doing.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Jonnyram said:
GT5 Prologue
- release Dec 13
- demo version from Oct 20
- mysterious disguised GT-R will be driveable in the demo version
- first time Daytona has been in the GT games
- watch car info programmes from around the world on GT.TV
- use points you gain from offline events in the final product to buy fascinating cars

Guitar Hero
ty :)

I wonder whats up with the mysterious disguised GT-R?

Wollan said:
Edit: You read that right. Maybe this could mean no DS3 before Dec.13th? So no DS3 announcement at this TGS?
Maybe DS3 is released on Oct 20th and the GT5 demo is the first piece of software that uses it? who knows...

WYWY

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Famitsu reviews Halo 3 first?
Fami reviews are 90% politics and 10% based on 1-hour playthroughs, with a 50% chance that it's a sample ROM that's not the full game.

Stick to your IGN/1up/gamespot review threads.

SantaC said:
famitsu reviews relevant again
The different army factions have this behaviour of selective reality around this time of the week... as usual.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
Metal Slug 7 on DS. Date unknown.
Also Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2.
WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?!

MEGATON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icecream

Public Health Threat
duckroll said:
There are previews of Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant. Same shit as from the MS conference. boring.
The site also says there'll be a feature in Famitsu 360, so hopefully something there.

Jonnyram said:
Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2.
SNK has found their mine. :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Mr. Lemming said:
You dislike Halo remember?
Hmm, you raise an interesting point. That all said, I've bought all the other ones, what should stop me this time?
That and I want a new 360.

Jonnyram

Wii
12/13 Nights
winter Metal Slug Complete
winter Choro Q Wii
winter Gundam 2

PS3
11/22 Winning Eleven 2008
12/20 Time Crisis 4
2008 DMC4
?? Aqua

11/22 Winning Eleven 2008
11/22 Final Fantasy XI Altana expansion
12/6 VF5 Live Arena - edit: bolded for that dude who swore it wasn't coming out in japan
2008 DMC4
spring 2008 Clannad

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Pureauthor said:
You've obviously never met car enthusiasts.
I'm still struggling to understand this concept, this fusion of "fascinating" and "Gran Turismo."

This new information just makes me more befuddled. These strange creatures find them fascinating, these Autocars of Fascinations.

"Look at that door handle. See the way it curves at that unique angle. That's bold stuff right there. Fascinating."

"This motor-carriage has a unique system that identifies 'possum' and 'not possum,' and will steer automatically towards high possum readings, while internal motors allow the perfect application of Wheel-To-Possum Force, creating a perfect post-possum embedded in the road with minimal ex-possumatter left on the tires. Fascinating."

"yeah dis shit fuckn tite, dis a fuckn civic mang, i got dis fo nothn, rims are bitchin, chikout dat tint in da windos, damn mang. Fascinating."

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
DMC4 delay. :(

I guess it was expected.

Pureauthor said:
HANDHELD OF THE FOREVER

OF. THE. FOREVER.
I already declared DS the best handheld ever when DQIX was announced, but let's see if MS7 will be good first.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm still struggling to understand this concept, this fusion of "fascinating" and "Gran Turismo."

This new information just makes me more befuddled. These strange creatures find them fascinating, these Autocars of Fascinations.

"Look at that door handle. See the way it curves at that unique angle. That's bold stuff right there. Fascinating."

"This motor-carriage has a unique system that identifies 'possum' and 'not possum,' and will steer automatically towards high possum readings, while internal motors allow the perfect application of Wheel-To-Possum Force, creating a perfect post-possum embedded in the road with minimal ex-possumatter left on the tires. Fascinating."

"yeah dis shit fuckn tite, dis a fuckn civic mang, i got dis fo nothn, rims are bitchin, chikout dat tint in da windos, damn mang. Fascinating."

wtf are you talking about?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Skilotonn said:
Famitsu with a review already for Halo 3?

What do you mean already? Japan gets halo 3 in a week.

Bebpo

Banned
Gundam 2? Errr...as in Namco/Bandai BEC developled CROSSFIRE? Or Gundam Musou 2?

icecream said:
...WHAT WHAT WHAT??

Yeah. I'm sort of glad I didn't buy it on PS2 if this is the PS2 version but with redrawn HD images.

FoneBone

The M.O.B said:
? Didn't we just get the anthology? How many more games are there?
According to Wikipedia, the Wii version hasn't been released in Japan yet. Dunno if that's accurate, though.

Top Bottom