• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu thread this week (reviews first)

Brofist

I'm still struggling to understand this concept, this fusion of "fascinating" and "Gran Turismo."

This new information just makes me more befuddled. These strange creatures find them fascinating, these Autocars of Fascinations.

"Look at that door handle. See the way it curves at that unique angle. That's bold stuff right there. Fascinating."

"This motor-carriage has a unique system that identifies 'possum' and 'not possum,' and will steer automatically towards high possum readings, while internal motors allow the perfect application of Wheel-To-Possum Force, creating a perfect post-possum embedded in the road with minimal ex-possumatter left on the tires. Fascinating."

"yeah dis shit fuckn tite, dis a fuckn civic mang, i got dis fo nothn, rims are bitchin, chikout dat tint in da windos, damn mang. Fascinating."

Fascinating in this case probably means some strange or concept type cars.

Belfast

I'm not sure why anybody would shit themselves over a Metal Slug game these days.

Anyway, this issue of Famitsu seems pretty boring. Maybe it contains no true megatons?

Jonnyram

icecream said:
Jonnyram, don't play with me here... details!! Publisher? Is it Prototype?

If true... 360!!
Straight port with hi-res graphics. Dunno the publisher, but I assume it's the same.

Edit: yeah, Gundam 2 is the pachislot game. Sorry for not being clear.

Defuser

Belfast said:
I'm not sure why anybody would shit themselves over a Metal Slug game these days.

Anyway, this issue of Famitsu seems pretty boring. Maybe it contains no true megatons?
STFU,there isn't any good fast pace 2d side scoller shooter games these days. METAL SLUG WILL SAVE US ALL!!!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Lightning said:
GT5 Prologue is getting a demo...... FUCK. No GT5 Prologue in Japan until Dec?..... Sony fail.

Hopefully it will be a downloadable demo next month. I just hope sony does not wait until the end of the month to release it. Sony is notorious for doing stuff like that.

edit: 10/20....I guess I can live with that.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Jonnyram said:
Metal Slug 7 on DS.

what the fuck

though metal slug 6 was surprisingly good -- purely in terms of gameplay, it's one of the best in the series. if they can maintain that level of quality and intensity, then great. though i have my doubts.

i think i'm finally going to end up liking ds, though -- slug 7, contra 4, bangaioh, dodgeball, ketsui death label

icecream

Public Health Threat
Jonnyram said:
Straight port with hi-res graphics. Dunno the publisher, but I assume it's the same.
Superior version confirmed!!

And this was hinted back here, but I assumed it was the PS2 port of Little Busters... I can't believe I could be so wrong. :D

Lightning

Banned
neojubei said:
Hopefully it will be a downloadable demo next month. I just hope sony does not wait until the end of the month to release it. Sony is notorious for doing stuff like that.
Sony really needed the game in Oct, not a demo of a prologue. The Prologue is just a bigger demo... Seriously. Sony should have just fully concentrated on getting the game out.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Defuser said:
It's been destined already the moment they thought of putting it on 360....
No way, this is the crowd the 360 has been courting all this while with IM@S, Senko, Exelica, etc... if it's going to do decently for a game that's been on the PC and ported to the PS2 for years, it's going to be here. Especially with the new anime and movie starting up.

720P Goodness :D

Belfast

Defuser said:
STFU,there isn't any good fast pace 2d side scoller shooter games these days. METAL SLUG WILL SAVE US ALL!!!

There isn't any good fast paced 2d side scroller shotoer game these days INCLUDING any Metal Slug past 3. I don't really see that changing.

Defuser

Belfast said:
There isn't any good fast paced 2d side scroller shotoer game these days INCLUDING any Metal Slug past 3. I don't really see that changing.
STFU again. Metal Slug 6 is awesome.

drohne

i'm actually optimistic about nanostray 2. though i was also optimistic about iridion, iridion 2, and nanostray. so yeah.

Belfast

Defuser said:
STFU again. Metal Slug 6 is awesome.

It was OK. Metal Slug 7 is going to have to be something amazing to pull the series out of the gutter.

At least I can endlessly replay 1-3.

Belfast said:

You haven't played 6, have you? 6 owns face.

Bebpo

Banned
Anyhow, to add to the stuff, DMC4 is January. Probably January 31st like Lost Planet was Jan last year.

Not tooo far away and it'll be a nice transition game from the winter hits to MGS4/GTA4

Jonnyram

more 360 dates:
11/29 Assassin's Creed
12/13 Smash Court Tennis 3
Dec Flat Out Ultimate Carnage

Also there is a rumour of a PS3-saving megaton coming tomorrow.
A third party game with development funded totally by SCE.
If the rumour is legit, he also mentions WKS will come out on Jan 31 for 8990 yen.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jonnyram said:
more 360 dates:
11/29 Assassin's Creed

If the rumour is legit, he also mentions WKS will come out on Jan 31 for 8990 yen.

ITS COMING

HEAD FOR THE HILLS PEOPLE

ITS COMING LIKE A METEOR

vareon

Jonnyram said:
more 360 dates:
11/29 Assassin's Creed

Let the speculation begin.

Jonnyram said:
more 360 dates:
11/29 Assassin's Creed

Is that enough time for WKS development?
Really would hate for them to rush it out...

drohne

metal slug 6 doesn't get the credit it deserves. it's kind of ugly, but it has some amazing battles -- i've never seen anything like the intensity and subtlety of some of the enemy waves it sends at you. once i'd figured out that fight right before the second boss, i knew it was something special.

that sort of thing probably won't work on ds -- even psp struggled with it -- but if it's from the same team as slug 6, it should be good stuff

Defuser

Jonnyram said:
Jan 31??? Wow That's too good to be true,even for a rumor....

wsippel

Banned
AceBandage said:
I loved Nanostray, but I think 2 will be even better.
I hope so. BTW, probably old news, but the first Wii game by Shi'nen should be revealed very soon. This week I think.

king zell

Jonnyram said:

Policenauts :)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
is the PS3-saving megaton coming tomorrow related to the "a third party game with development funded totally by SCE" or are they seperate rumors?

drohne

..pakbeka.. said:
PS3 is officially at Gamecube level now

ps3 will be at gamecube level if it turns out to be a naruto game

if it turns out to be nothing, which is more than likely, ps3 will remain slightly above gamecube level

Top Bottom