• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-Lundz-x

Not a chance that would happen, at this point there has to be stacks of boxed Xbones sitting in distribution centers. No way they would delay the launch at this point. They would rather suffer through launch woes than delay it.

A delay of a few months just means the boxes sit I a warehouse longer. If the OS is basically broken as to make the box almost unusable then I don't know how they can't delay it. A delay looks a lot less worse than a console that will not function.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Them Matt posts...so little words, so much feels. Now if only them crazy buttocks chimed in as well. We'd have another crazy ass thread on our hands.

jayu26

How can Sony fix this problem?

Well if MS wants, Sony can always send in...
Ice-Background-Faded.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
It's really bugging me now thinking about what else there could be besides 720p and buggy OS/XBL.

Is the true ass storm still to come?

Sony has their own challenges and have been very coy about handing out machines with working online. Journalists are highly skeptical if PSN will work on Day 1 on PS4 since it has yet to go live.

I know it's cool to throw MS into the furnace, but Sony has their fair share of issues as well. They are just not as transparent at the moment.

That said, the fucking complexity of running THREE OPERATING SYSTEMS, snapping, and silly concurrency of apps is causing a short term nightmare.

You are absolutely right that Sony will have their own issues to deal with as every company does when they release a software based product. I know this first hand as being in the software industry. But the issue with MS seems to be more of bad design choices which are much harder to fix compared to normal "bugs" that are encountered in a product during development and after release. You have to do a lot to fix around a badly designed software product unless you start from scratch with a better design. If Sony has not screwed up in their fundamental design of PS4 and its services, they should be relatively OK, while they eventually fix the bugs in their system after release. MS on the other hand seems to have done goofed and are in a worse position.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm pretty sure CBOAT is somewhere getting hot scoops on the dreamcast 2. The dream is not dead.

HsicSKM.png

and

Meanwhile, there hasn't been a single journalist that I'm aware of who has actually attempted to get to the bottom of any of this.

Stay tuned.

I always liked Schreier. Even in my pre-Gaf days. He and Totilo were two of the writers I respected the most even as I stopped frequenting Kotaku.

P.S. I haven't posted in this thread yet because I've been trying to catch up with every page over the last hour and a half. That dream is a fallacy methinks. :p

I don't understand, two consoles are launching within a week of each other (nearly a decade since the last ones), people are in a frenzy lusting for news, and this guy career is dependent upon clicks to the site he works at and he just wants it to be over and done with. What!? I don't understand why gaming press has such a hard time acting just a little enthused about such a fun and entertainment driven medium. Cover these stories, dig up some news, investigate something, act like you care about the thing you cover.

So here we are 3 weeks out from new consoles and nobody in the gaming media seems to care.

Yep, a lot of them seem jaded, but that's why we have Gaf.

~~Hasan~~

with all respect to the OP. not gonna argue if he is correct or not since its pointless to do so when we do not have any official conformation. however, i am one of those guys who believe most things will be sorted out by release date.

you have to remember they can work till the 22th when they release the update for the system.

i am not saying everything will be so smooth. but if everyone thinking the ps4 will be smooth online day one, then he is highly mistaken.

usually it takes some time to sort things out/bugs etc. specially when there is no public beta test for the software.

all i know that MS is a software company. and whatever you wanna accept or not, they are good at it. so i have a faith things will be sorted out.

A delay of a few months just means the boxes sit I a warehouse longer. If the OS is basically broken as to make the box almost unusable then I don't know how they can't delay it. A delay looks a lot less worse than a console that will not function.

No way. PS4 get exclusive next-gen this holiday with all the new games coming out? No way. Nope, nope, nope. Too late.

They shoulda thought about that before the announced the launch date.

A delay could potentially roll some heads off though.

I'm confident the reduction of launch countries on itself has probably put some employees on the stack ranking shitlist. If an all-out delay? Ooh boy.

The comments from all of the fake Xbox dev accounts are fantastic.

If the OS is really that bad then MS will be praying that their day 1 patch will fix it. This is fucked up

From the last line of this September blog posting: http://doddscientifics.com/2013/09/03/why-im-taking-a-break-from-neogaf/

"This was a stupid post but I felt like it had to be written. Also, for the record, I got way more shit right this year than CBoaT and Verendus. I also hate myself for being proud of that."

Shots already been fired.

Huh that's disappointing to be honest

Would've hoped Mort could be a bit more professional about his leaks as it were

Still his track record is very good so I do believe XBL issues to be likely, rampant and to take a long time to fix

CLEEK

I have an Xbox1 on pre-order, but I'm starting to think paying $500 for the privilege of being a beta tester may not be the smartest thing I can do with my money

It's not about getting a PS4 instead of an Xbox, but I just think that unless you REALLY need to play the Xbox launch games, being an Xbox One early adopter is very risky bet.

Even before all the 180s, there were rumours that the Xbox development was behind schedule. Once you throw the major changes from the 180s into the mix, it would have completely fucked with everyone schedule. If they were behind then, they'd be utterly (x)boned now.

Unless MS can crunch like no-one has crunched before, the Xbox One will either launch with a bunch of issues, or just have major features not present at launch. But you'll still be paying the Live tax for these broken/missing features if you're an early adopter.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Delaying launch would probably save face more than people complaining about serious issues and looking for returns.

It won't happen though.

CBOAT is Batman. He has smacked down Albert and Kevin Dent directly.

We don't deserve the ass storm, but we need it to cleanse out the pr bullshit. What could be better at cleansing out shit than the Buttocks?

Well let's not go crazy now, bugs and other issues doesn't make it unusable, just a tad frustrating to very frustrating. Also sometimes admitting there is a problem before release can be very damaging. Every news outlet would pick it up and drive the message to consumers that the Xbone is a troubled device in need of more time in the oven, not exactly a vote of confidence. However, if people have issues with the UI and online features it will spread on message boards and word of mouth and such, but it won't get nearly the same attention as admitting there is a problem and then delaying it. Also never underestimate a buyer's willingness to defend the $500 spent on a device, even if there are grand issues there will be those that will justify their purchase in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom