• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to do this but I'm having a hard time getting through at these pages and figuring out what is new info.

I take it the current rumor is that XBL might be a broken mess for months.

Beyond this and the 720p stuff, is there anything else?

Anything regarding Sony?

Yes there may be OS issues and PSN issues at launch although from the sound of it they are far less major than the MS issue

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
i dont believe this ,, there is no OS issues because you cant fucked up the hardware and

the software at the same time .

Oh, both things go well together.

But yeah, I expected both launches to be a big patchathon and offlinethon.

LOL! Come on now. You're giving yourself more credit than you deserve. This is a hobby that we all share and a console is going to be buggy at launch. Big whoop. This isn't some life changing information that you're letting loose to world.

Relax. Go to sleep.

Only a couple of billion $$$$ at stake. No biggie

Tripon

I'm sorry to do this but I'm having a hard time getting through at these pages and figuring out what is new info.

Anything regarding Sony?

Sony is apparently putting the screws to reviewers, by not releasing early retail PS4s to reviewers and controlling the review environment.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
bish said cboat send him pms detailing how bad the technical problems are on the xb1. If cboat were to make that info public, then hes going into the bunker lol

Link to where bish specifically said it was about X1 tech problems?

FDC1

Anything regarding Sony?

it's even worse, you can't change backgrounds, dealbreaker

Rich!

i dont believe this ,, there is no OS issues because you cant fucked up the hardware and

the software at the same time .

There's no OS issues because there's no way to fuck up hardware and software at the same time?

I can assure you that hardware and software issues very often go hand-in-hand. But hey, with that username and all, I assume I'm wasting my time here.

NeededSleep

Mort don't let this get you down! This is a hobby we all enjoy and are passionate about. Don't let your passion get you down man, the launch is near and we have many games to play together along with all GAF down the road!

VanWinkle

This thread is crazy.

Mort, man, you have to stop letting this stuff get to you. You need to know, we appreciate your info you bring out. It's awesome. But with this stuff, you're just a guy who knows a guy. I mean, you're a human being with thoughts, feelings, and emotions, and this is not to take away from that, but most people aren't interested in the accomplishments of the insider but of the information. There will be people who will not believe you. Always. If it goes against their biases, some of them just can't take it, and they won't believe you. You don't have to prove it to them. They will not believe you. It doesn't matter. You get information out, and that's great. Just don't make the info about you rather than the info.

cripterion

ibhXA1jdWOpQjf.gif

Needs that Denzell face in there too :p

GetemMa

well Sony has the Day 1 patch and still doesn't have suspend resume thingy like the Vita

Ah, thank you.

Well I can live with a day 1 300 mb patch and temporary lack of suspend/resume.

A messed up OS with screwy online features and 720p multiplats is far, far worse.

wapplew

This place is going to be full-on crazy for the foreseeable future, isn't it?

It will be worst at 15 Nov.
Any minor hardware problems occur on no matter how smaller portion of PS4, we will get a lot of Junior poster reporting theirs PS4 brick or something. Every major site will then pick up the story and make it head line.

Full on war is upon us.

Reallink

This can't be any worse than Wii U. 2 day firmware DL, frequent hard locks, slow as molasses OS, missing features, ect...

h1nch

Uhh, what the fuck? Is this real? Has it been confirmed by a legit source?

If so this is absolutely outrageous. My X360 allows me to change the background. My smartphone allows this. Hell, my old Samsung flip phone let me change the background. So did my old Pentium 1 Compaq Desktop running Windows 95.

Why can't I change the background of my PS4 OS interface?

Please excuse me as I have a preorder to go cancel...

GetemMa

Yes there may be OS issues and PSN issues at launch although from the sound of it they are far less major than the MS issue

Sony is apparently putting the screws to reviewers, by not releasing early retail PS4s to reviewers and controlling the review environment.

Ah thanks for the updates.

I can live with these unfortunate events.

It's certainly annoying if your job demands you trying to get a review out by release date. Not to mention that the industry already follows embargos.

Adam Sessler certainly over reacted the other day about it though.

As true as that is, it's no different than current gen launch, and the one before that. Sessler's been in the industry for so long, he should know that he doesn't work for G4TV anymore to get the freebies.

But thats a different topic! :)

nib95

Banned
Mortimer, stop drinking. It's the rabbit hole you don't want to go down. None of this stuff is that serious. You've just come off of a personal tragedy, chill out dude. Don't do anything that mentally burdens you in any way. Do it only if you enjoy it and want to do it.

I say you and your wife just take a nice cheap vacation somewhere. After everything that's happened the last few months, it can't hurt.

Tripon

This can't be any worse than Wii U. 2 day firmware DL, frequent hard locks, slow as molasses OS, missing features, ect...

Nintendo took a real hit with the OS being a piece of shit until recently. Microsoft main business is making and developing an Operating System. There's no reason why the XBox One shouldn't work as intended.

Creating an OS is MS's day job. That they still are going to fuck it up is amazing.

TheCloser

Banned
Uhh, what the fuck? Is this real? Has it been confirmed by a legit source?

If so this is absolutely outrageous. My X360 allows me to change the background. My smartphone allows this. Hell, my old Samsung flip phone let me change the background. So did my old Pentium 1 Compaq Desktop running Windows 95.

Why can't I change the background of my PS4 OS interface?

Please excuse me as I have a preorder to go cancel...
This is a joke right? You can't have a custom backgrounds. The idea behind this is to charge you.

HMC

Still haven't read anything in here... my wife just turned old (aka the same age as me) and everything is exploding at once which was my master plan all along even though I pay for my website/podcast.....

If some random game journo in the know said in a podcast or forum, "Hey, MS having some issues with party chat, they're working on it, party may be wonky for a few months" this would have been non news. I've been on GAF for a while and I trust you as a source...but the "OMG I got a megaton, stay tuned!!!" intro was a bit much, no? You must have known this revelation, if it comes to fruition, is only important to the Gaf chapter of the Sonybot sharktank. Either way, I appreciate you breaking the story, and I hope you don't get any personal blowback.

Funny, this causes a huge Gif worthy meltdown for people who never had any intention of getting a X1, only mildly dissapointing to most* people looking forward to MS's console. I wonder how Sony sold a single unit since being overpriced with inferior multiplat ports and gimped online is such a horrendous position to be in. My how the tables have turned...

*Quite sure party chat is a system seller for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom