• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

I'm going to hold off on getting excited until I hear something about this from another source.

Oh God who am I kidding PLEASE be true!!

Vamphuntr

waytofailself said:
This is the correct response.

Then again, even if it is true and the game is DONE, that doesn't mean Nintendo won't pull a Starfox 2 or something on it and keep it from going on store shelves. Wasn't Disaster fully localized as well?

Starfox 2 wasn't localized AFAIK. It was the guy from Aeon Genesis that did a fan translation of the prototype. Disaster used American voices to begin with, even the JP version. Nintendo redid the voices again because they were not satisfied.

Remember that NoA has completed localizations before for games such as Mother and ASH and then never actually brought them out. Even if this news is true, it doesn't guarantee that they'll release Xenoblade.

waytofailself

Neo Member
Vamphuntr said:
Starfox 2 wasn't localized AFAIK. It was the guy from Aeon Genesis that did a fan translation of the prototype. Disaster used American voices to begin with, even the JP version. Nintendo redid the voices again because they were not satisfied.
Cool, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

jay

Good news, my NoA source just confirmed that not only will the RPGs be coming out, but everyone who has posted in this thread will be mailed free copies that are signed with written apologies by Reggie.

Bulzeeb

SabinFigaro said:
This has the makings of giant bullshit.

"Let's intentionally sit on a release instead of giving it any sort of consumer awareness. What brilliance! The fans already did the advertising for us!"

It reeks of "my cousin/friend/neighbour/fuck buddy who works at Nintendo".

More like, Nofriendo, amirite :(

ohgodpleasebetrue

shyamalan.jpg

Project Rainfall was Nintendo's marketing strategy

jay said:
Good news, my NoA source just confirmed that not only will the RPGs be coming out, but everyone who has posted in this thread will be mailed free copies that are signed with written apologies by Reggie.

Oh, you.

Anyway, I really do hope the games get released here. I want to support NA localizations so we don't have to worry about the future with Wii U & 3DS!

It almost makes too much (NoA) sense that they've been planning on releasing it but are refusing to address the fan uproar.

But I refuse to get my hopes up. I will write and send a letter tomorrow.

I want to believe!

kunonabi

I'm still waiting for gamestation to put the game for preorder so I not going to be canceling anything so this announcement works for me. Hopefully, it comes out in the states but if not I'm already in the process of getting a second wii to mod for some PAL games I have coming anyway. I just hope we get that bundle with the red cc pro. I really want that controller. Even if this source is accurate they could still end up not being released anyway. I'll be sending in letters regardless.

Oh man, I so hope this is true. Ill feel quite disappointed with Ops Rainfall if this "development" was used to re-ignite fan passion on this issue, which going by the Nintendo FB page seems to be waning.

Vamphuntr

SpaceBridge said:
Oh man, I so hope this is true. Ill feel quite disappointed with Ops Rainfall if this "development" was used to re-ignite fan passion on this issue, which going by the Nintendo FB page seems to be waning.

The game is also no longer in Amazon's Top 100 videogames.

Bulzeeb

Cell_Biology said:
If true, the next step of this operation is to make sure every Wii owner buys these games.

this is the hard part, I know I'll be buying mine but most of my friends don't like rpgs =/

Vamphuntr said:
The game is also no longer in Amazon's Top 100 videogames.

Kinda figured it wouldn't last there, but still an achievement that it managed to be at #1 for, what, 3 days? Was an interesting fan/internet/social media "protest".

Vamphuntr

MidnightScott said:
Apparently it doesn't take many preorders to reach that status.

This is what I said many pages ago in this thread but people told me I was dumb since it was beating OOT 3D on the chart and thus would mean it's mega ultra popular.

RPGCrazied

Did I miss something? What are you guys talking about? Did they say something else? Well, if its about the NA release, I wish they would announce it sooner or not at all. I need to know so I can cancel my import order. I'd rather get it day 1, not wait 3 weeks to get.

Try and be patient, Nintendo still hasn't announced their Quarter 3 Line up. I expect them to do so in the next few days. Maybe they'll finally announce it. Or will they do it at Comic Con?

RPGCrazied

Ah. So, on the Operation Rainfall blog, they say someone from within Nintendo gave them this info? That would be so lame if it was just someone trolling this. :(

Phenomic

RPGCrazied said:
Ah. So, on the Operation Rainfall blog, they say someone from within Nintendo gave them this info? That would be so lame if it was just someone trolling this. :(

Blog Quote: "This information was disclosed to Operation Rainfall today from a source within Nintendo who wishes to remain anonymous"

I imagine if they are really serious about trying to get this game here and not just making up crap. Then yes I assume it's a legit source from within the company. Now that doesn't mean he couldn't be lying to them. However, I don't think they would post the story if they are once again really serious about trying to get the game here.

That being said though I still wouldn't hold your breath until you hear this officially or from at least a wider known more reputable source.

Nothing I've read makes it seem like the source didn't contact them.

In which case, it's very hard to trust an unsolicited leak from an anonymous source.

Tagg9

I imagine those OpRainfall guys are just making up shit to get the fans angrier than they already are. Now there'll be people saying "OMG, NoA had the NTSC versions ready to ship but they chose not to?! Pitchforks!!!"

Actually, that would be a pretty decent strategy.

All I can say is, that its possible that this is true, as Nintendo LOVES to keep secrets and doesn't comment on speculation and rumor. So, we'll have to wait and see guys, wait and see. sigh.
Hopefully they just tell us, I'm really not up to paying 80+ for a wii game.

Kacho

MidnightScott said:
Try and be patient, Nintendo still hasn't announced their Quarter 3 Line up. I expect them to do so in the next few days. Maybe they'll finally announce it. Or will they do it at Comic Con?

What is considered quarter 3? Sept-Nov?

I know Nintendo generally announces games a lot later than other publishers, but having no announcements for quarter three games in July seems crazy to me.

Macstorm

AceBandage said:
A likely scenario is they had planned to announce XB soon and release it in the fall.
Fan outcry from the lack of info on it surges.
NoA talks to NCL (which is why we were promised a response but really got nothing), and was told to just stick to the plan.
NoA tells their Twitter/FB people to give a standard response.
Given this is all true, anyway.
That is how Japanese companies work, so...

SerArthurDayne said:
I don't buy it. Also my import is cheaper than U.S. MSRP even with shipping. Also I'd rather give my money to NoE.
Uh, how much are you getting it for? Just out of curiosity. As in Canada Wii games are usually 55-65 (with tax)

Tagg9

PhoReal said:

I know Nintendo generally announces games a lot later than other publishers, but having no announcements for quarter three games in July seems crazy to me.
Nintendo usually distributes their fall release schedule (September-December) around mid-August.

PhoReal said:

Yes, Id like to know this as well, as Im not to familiar how companies work in regards to financial quarters. Is Nintendo scheduled to announce new games soon?

edit: now I know thanks Tagg

PhoReal said:

Financial Year is...March, I think, through the following year's March.

So third quarter is beginning of October through December.

Slime

Banned
Not getting overly optimistic about this, but sitting on a release and issuing a denial, while still being fully aware of their own intention to formally announce it when they feel like it, does sound like a very Nintendo thing to do. They're probably not complaining about the free press the 'controversy' is generating, either.

TunaLover

Doesn't this RUMOR could play against OpRainfall? since people will read it as a semi-confirmation, and will stop bugging Nintendo?

Maybe Nintendo is the source, but it's to calm down people D=

Eusis

I suspect if we are getting it it's not going to be in Quarter 3. Not unless Zelda has to be delayed to Quarter 4 (or later) for some reason, and they need to use Xenoblade and/or Last Story to make up for that wait, but that'd beg the question of why they weren't shown at E3, or at least quietly had the press material put up on their site like Glory of Heracles or, well, Xenoblade's announcement.

Phenomic

SpaceBridge said:
Yes, Id like to know this as well, as Im not to familiar how companies work in regards to financial quarters. Is Nintendo scheduled to announce new games soon?

edit: now I know thanks Tagg

Every company is different pretty much. They pick a month to start the new Fiscal year. I also wouldn't say companies are "due" to announce anything at a given point. More so they come when they are ready to happen or they want to show their product off to the world.

Not sure when Nintendo starts their Fiscal calendar. Googling it really quick showed March, but that's not a legit source necessarily.

Also beaten.

I don't think they'd just lie about this just to get people to come back. The guys spearheading this seem genuinely just into getting the games over here, not resorting to malice-filled responses to a standard PR gig.

Well hey, maybe we can still convince them to bring Another Code R, Disaster, and Pandora's Tower here next year, if this source is telling the truth. Maybe ASH and Last Window, too.

Heh...heh heh heh...

Phoenix_Apollo said:
Well hey, maybe we can still convince them to bring Another Code R, Disaster, and Pandora's Tower here next year, if this source is telling the truth. Maybe ASH and Last Window, too.

Heh...heh heh heh...
I would weep openly.

I've already imported both of those, but I would double dip and shout it to the heavens.

Last year they did Wii Party and Kirby's Epic Yarn in October.

November was Pokepark and DKCR

December was Super Mario All-Stars Wii.

I see no scheduling reason why they wouldn't release it in Quarter 3.

Foffy

Banned
If they do have localized titles planned, why have they gone out of their way to not announce them at all this year?

Sure, they could be 2012 products, but I still doubt the rumor..

thefro

Phoenix_Apollo said:
I don't think they'd just lie about this just to get people to come back. The guys spearheading this seem genuinely just into getting the games over here, not resorting to malice-filled responses to a standard PR gig.

Agreed, they're very serious about the whole thing and the leadership structure has been set up so that multiple folks had to review this. I've got complete confidence that they've verified the source is actually in the know.

Top Bottom