• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

thefro said:
Agreed, they're very serious about the whole thing and the leadership structure has been set up so that multiple folks had to review this. I've got complete confidence that they've verified the source is actually in the know.
It doesn't matter how "serious" they are. They're mostly (if not all) just a bunch of fans with no connection to the industry or Nintendo otherwise. They're in no position to know who they spoke to. Its just as likely to me that they're being punked by someone.

Phoenix_Apollo said:
I don't think they'd just lie about this just to get people to come back. The guys spearheading this seem genuinely just into getting the games over here, not resorting to malice-filled responses to a standard PR gig.

Well hey, maybe we can still convince them to bring Another Code R, Disaster, and Pandora's Tower here next year, if this source is telling the truth. Maybe ASH and Last Window, too.

Heh...heh heh heh...
I don't think they'd lie.

I absolutely think they're naive and doe-eyed enough to think they got contacted by a Nintendo source who is giving them "secret information" from someone who knew how to leave just enough tracks to be as verifiable as he wants to be.

That said, if they say "No, that's not the case, we know this person is a trusted source and we believe what they're saying," I'll take all that back. But they're being vague enough that I have no reason to believe this was not someone who contacted them.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The horrible part is that Nintendo really are bastards of this caliber. They WOULD tell reps to flat out lie and say "there are no plans to ever, ever EVER release this game" 2 days before the press release sanctioned by NCL hit the newswire.

So any leaks can't fully be dismissed as wishful thinking. Pretty much torture for the public!

GameE

Buddha Beam said:
It doesn't matter how "serious" they are. They're mostly (if not all) just a bunch of fans with no connection to the industry or Nintendo otherwise. They're in no position to know who they spoke to. Its just as likely to me that they're being punked by someone.

I second this, cant trust it as much as I want to.

TunaLover

This rumor doesn't make sense anyway, that rep guy from France, an official source, said that NoA had no plans to release the game in America, few days after E3.

Vamphuntr

ShockingAlberto said:
I don't think they'd lie.

I absolutely think they're naive and doe-eyed enough to think they got contacted by a Nintendo source who is giving them "secret information" from someone who knew how to leave just enough tracks to be as verifiable as he wants to be.

That said, if they say "No, that's not the case, we know this person is a trusted source and we believe what they're saying," I'll take all that back. But they're being vague enough that I have no reason to believe this was not someone who contacted them.

Yeah, I believe this too. They are now tweeting that it's an official source from Nintendo. Guess they are reading this thread.

MegaByte

ShockingAlberto said:
FWIW, when they contacted us, they added that they had verified the source.

Sallokin

Would be nice if it were true. Hope they wouldn't simply make shit up to drum up a few facebook likes. Stranger things have happened though.

ShockingAlberto said:
Financial Year is...March, I think, through the following year's March.

So third quarter is beginning of October through December.

The way they do quarters & fiscal year are different.

Q1 - January-March
Q2 - April-June
Q3 - July-September
Q4 - October-December

Fiscal Year begins in March. (I don't understand this at all)

But if you've seen the lists, games were listed for Q4 and released in October-December. That's how I know it is legit.

Still odd we are a week into the month and we don't have a schedule for Q3 still. Maybe tomorrow will be the lucky break?

Rhythm Heaven, Kirby Wii, Fortune Street, and Zelda still don't have release dates, so it's a matter of time.

The thing about sources though, is that it is hard to believe them since we don't know their identity, and if they have confirmed correct information in the past.

TunaLover said:
This rumor doesn't make sense anyway, that rep guy from France, an official source, said that NoA had no plans to release the game in America, few days after E3.

Are we sure he wasnt talking about the Xenoblade controller?

Yeah, the guy (people?) running the Twitter feed are trying to convince people that the source is trusted.

It is from a person in Nintendo in a position to know the info posted. No more info at this time.
If it's someone who trolled us, it's someone from within Nintendo.
Seriously, it would be a SUPER ELABORATE troll job if the source was someone else. But skepticism is still warranted.

Remember, these are hardly Serious Newspeople who are running Operation Rainfall. As pointed out earlier, they aren't in a position to know anything at all about what's going on inside Nintendo. So skepticism, as always, is warranted.

Vamphuntr

What do they have anyway to release in Sept-December? Zelda SS and Rhythm Heaven? They do need more titles for the Wii. I want to believe but if this is true NoA is really idiotic.

TunaLover

Rush2thestart said:
Are we sure he wasnt talking about the Xenoblade controller?
No, NoE had Xenoblade to show on E3, but NoA refused to show a thing because they weren't interested in release the game over here.

TunaLover said:
No, NoE had Xenoblade to show on E3, but NoA refused to show a thing because they weren't interested in release the game over here.

You know I don't know where that came from exactly. I find it hard to believe. Isn't Comic Con this month, maybe they will announce it there? (Also, why would Nintendo be at Comic Con, do they usually go there?)

IceDoesntHelp said:
Uh, how much are you getting it for? Just out of curiosity. As in Canada Wii games are usually 55-65 (with tax)

I think I will pay (at current conversion rates) $45 dollars after my credit card takes out its currency conversion fees. Of course that could change if the exchange rate changes, but it won't be by five dollars. From TheHut, with a 10% off coupon. But thehut and Zavvi (same place) are constantly putting up coupons like 4 off 40, etc. Just the game, not the game/controller bundle.

TunaLover

MidnightScott said:
You know I don't know where that came from exactly. I find it hard to believe. Isn't Comic Con this month, maybe they will announce it there? (Also, why would Nintendo be at Comic Con, do they usually go there?)
Mathieu Minel, marketing manager of Nintendo France, he told that Nintendo of Europe wanted to show Xenoblade Chronicles at E3 2011, but Nintendo of America wouldn't let them because they didn't want to show products they aren't planning to sell.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26928

BY2K

Membero Americo
So apparently the Operation Rainfall guys got a Nintendo insider to tell them that Xenoblade Chronicles localization in NA was completed a month ago and The Last Story is not too far behind.

What the hell is going on?

Foffy

Banned
BY2K said:
So apparently the Operation Rainfall guys got a Nintendo insider to tell them that Xenoblade Chronicles localization in NA was completed a month ago and The Last Story is not too far behind.

What the hell is going on?

Probably one of those "MY UNCLE WORKS FOR NINTENDO AND HE KNOWS ___"-esqe stories.

Don't look much into it. It's not like Castlevania leaks and their magic of almost always being true. The only time these kinds of stories have weight is if a rep has been outed to leaking information. :p

Bulzeeb

TunaLover said:
Mathieu Minel, marketing manager of Nintendo France, he told that Nintendo of Europe wanted to show Xenoblade Chronicles at E3 2011, but Nintendo of America wouldn't let them because they didn't want to show products they aren't planning to sell.

this is what really make me exceptional about this rumor so unless I see an official anouncement I'll be taking this as a grain of salt

EDarkness

TunaLover said:

There is a definite possibility that they saw the fan reaction to this and had a change of heart. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that they could change their stance on it.

SerArthurDayne said:
I think I will pay (at current conversion rates) $45 dollars after my credit card takes out its currency conversion fees. Of course that could change if the exchange rate changes, but it won't be by five dollars. From TheHut, with a 10% off coupon. But thehut and Zavvi (same place) are constantly putting up coupons like 4 off 40, etc. Just the game, not the game/controller bundle.
Ahh thanks for clearing that up for me. Maybe now, I can think about getting an import, if it doesn't come out in North America.

TunaLover

Foffy said:
The only time these kinds of stories have weight is if a rep has been outed to leaking information. :p

Its rumored that Mathieu Minel was kicked from Nintendo for reveal The Last Story, among reveal that NoA hadn't plans for a Xenoblade release. I find extremely EXTREMELY improbable that new info about the game came from a Nintendo insider, becuase of the actual ambient regarding leaks (intant kick out of the company)

Toth

Well, here's hoping. If the localization was completed last month though...why delay some kind of announcement? Or not show it at E3?

sfried

And now some good news:
NintendoWorldReport said:
On the official Operation Rainfall blog, a post has gone up claiming that the American localization of Xenoblade has been finished for over a month, and the process is well underway for The Last Story. No word was given on the potential localization for Pandora's Tower, but even with the first two titles, this is a major win for those hoping for more RPGs to play on their Wii later this year.

Although Operation Rainfall was unwilling to disclose their source, who allegedly resides within Nintendo, they maintain confidence that the information is true based on that source's identity.
"Believe."

TunaLover said:
Its rumored that Mathieu Minel was kicked from Nintendo for reveal The Last Story, among reveal that NoA hadn't plans for a Xenoblade release. I find extremely EXTREMELY improbable that new info about the game came from a Nintendo insider, becuase of the actual ambient regarding leaks (intant kick out of the company)
That wasn't really a rumor, though. It was just cynical speculation and the first conclusion that everybody immediately jumped to.

sfried

Also straight from Rainfall blog:
According to our source, The NSTC version of Xenoblade was completed just over a month ago, while testing for the PAL and NSTC versions of The Last Story could begin in a month. There is currently no word on localization for an NSTC version of Pandora’s Tower.
My only guess is Xenoblade at best could be December, with The Last Story and Pandora's Tower next year.

Seik

Banned
I took the time to write my letter in the Nintendo Club survey, for those who don't know: Its a survey they make you fill up when you buy a Nintendo brand game with a PIN# in the box, which can give you 'coins' to obtain Nintendo goodies in the end. I took my Mario Galaxy 2's PIN# that was unused...

Well, its another way to be heard! I'm just saying. :)

If this turns out to be somebody's idea of a joke, so help me god, I will personally dig out their testicles with a rusty spoon.

For now, though, my heart will subsist on one more small dollop of hope, whilst cringing and trembling at the ever-present possibility that it may be coldly quashed once again.

This whole affair is an emotional rollercoaster if ever I've been on one. If these games do come out in NA, I'll tell you right now, they will be among the most gratifying purchases in my life.

Goody

I was in chat earlier with some of the guys who had contact with this source. They all seem pretty convinced and confident about it.

What's the next event Nintendo could announce games at, anyhow?

Esnel Pla said:
I was in chat earlier with some of the guys who had contact with this source. They all seem pretty convinced and confident about it.

What's the next event Nintendo could announce games at, anyhow?

Oh no, don't do this to me. Hope rising again. I had resigned myself to the fact that these games were coming, even though I partook in the campaign, and mailed out my letter yesterday, and now today's developments have rekindled my hopes.

Eusis

Phoenix_Apollo said:
The guy could have been trolling the whole time.
Or the message was distorted going down the grape vine, something that could've started as "We don't want to show games we haven't announced" could transform into "games we don't plan to release" by the time the sites and blogs reported on it. Though regardless of the origin and outcome I don't think NCL/NoA was very happy with him speaking like that at all.

Foffy

Banned
Codeblue said:
Another Monolith game too.

What other Monolith game? Are you confusing it with ASH?

As I said before, ASH is a cursed game. The fan translation is also falling apart for the game being in English, too.

they cannot release it too far after the euro release...or at the very least needs to announce it before then.

They will lose sooo many sells that way. shit they also have to release it before Zelda hits.

August-October 31st is the span this needs to hit. or else it will bomba hard.

Foffy

Banned
B.K. said:
Apparently Nintendo completely translate Soma Bringer, but never did anything with it.

Hm. At least the game has been fan translated, considering NoA didn't give us Soma Bringer. :p

Negator

Leondexter said:
Nintendo had a leak? That's even less likely than them localizing these games. It's statistically impossible, IT CAN'T HAPPEN.

Wasn't there some dude from China(?) that snuck a 3DS off a production line? The Nintendo ninjas may have already erased his existence, though.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Negator said:
Wasn't there some dude from China(?) that snuck a 3DS off a production line? The Nintendo ninjas may have already erased his existence, though.

Don't forget all the Wii U info leaked before the announcement.

Top Bottom