• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Fuck, I was too busy last night and didn't get Sproles out in time. Nothing makes you feel like throwing in the towel like getting a zero on Thursday, ugh. Now I just have to cross my fingers that he has a player that doesn't do shit on Sunday. Knew I should have just taken him out days ago but ATL was too tempting a match up.

Lorien

Banned
So, I was planning on using Glennon all week for Russell Hustle Bustle Wilson's bye week. Now I'm having second thoughts and thinking about using Eli, Big Ben or Alex Smith. Eli seems like a sure thing against the 32nd ranked Dallas pass D that he put up 450 yards and 4 TDs against earlier this season but weather reports show that there might be 40 MPH winds in New Jersey tomorrow. Ben was impressive last week against a pathetic Lions pass D but he'll definitely have more trouble with a Joe Haden led Browns defense. Alex is also going against a pitiful San Diego defense, ranked 29th, but the Chiefs are a run first team which scares me. Any help would be appreciated. And as always, fuck fantasy football.

Don't over think this. Glennon is a slam dunk play, he's on the best stretch of his career and faces an absolutely TERRIBLE Detroit secondary. Add to the fact they do a good job of limiting the run so Rainey won't go off, I can see Glennon eclipsing 20 Fantasy points.

Lorien

Banned
Don't over think this. Glennon is a slam dunk play, he's on the best stretch of his career and faces an absolutely TERRIBLE Detroit secondary. Add to the fact they do a good job of limiting the run so Rainey won't go off, I can see Glennon eclipsing 20 Fantasy points.

Making me feel better. Thanks!

Alright fellas, I'm starting to panic. I have RG3 against the 49ers today. Do you think he'll be just good enough to get by? Or just for today should I pick up Alex Smith (who is averaging 42.2 points at home) or Glennon (who is averaging about 40 points per game)?

I need WR help...I have nelson, brown(pit), Allen, burleson and Austin. Which three should I start?

I'd go with Nelson and Burleson. The 3rd is tough .. probably Brown even though he has a tough match up. Its hard to guess how Austin will be used and Allen just hasn't had the same amount of production as Brown on a regular basis and he has a tough match up too.

Remyzero

I'd go with Nelson and Burleson. The 3rd is tough .. probably Brown even though he has a tough match up. Its hard to guess how Austin will be used and Allen just hasn't had the same amount of production as Brown on a regular basis and he has a tough match up too.
Thank you. I will go with that

Glennon thankfully put up a respectable number. Now to sit back and relax and see what RG3 does tomorrow. I just felt very nervous about starting him.

qjC55rC.png

Looks like I'm going to win my 4th week in a row after starting out 0-8.

Lucked out picking up the PITT defense this week having Seattle on the bye. Finally got a huge performance out of MJD.

What is a Rutigzz?

And is your avatar a radio guy? He kinda looks like that sports radio dude that Howard Stern "fans" call into to make fun of Stern with zoo za zoo references.

What is a Rutigzz?

And is your avatar a radio guy? He kinda looks like that sports radio dude that Howard Stern "fans" call into to make fun of Stern with zoo za zoo references.

What's a Rutgers is a phrase made popular by a Knoxville, Tennessee newspaper after the Rutgers football team upset the Tennessee Vols 13-7 at Neyland Stadium in 1979.

They were so perplexed by how the Vols lost to Rutgers they didn't even know "What a Rutgers" was.

My avatar is Mike Francesa, who I used in that EA Gameface in Madden 13, who pronounces Rutgers, Rutgizzz.

It's a FF League from the MikeFrancesa messageboard. Where we all make fun of the Sports Pope.

Julius Thomas being out really fucked me over. I picked up Dreeson and will start him but I'm not expecting much. I am up about 18 points I had Thomas and my opponent has Gronk and Decker. Hello darkness, my old friend.

Petrie

Banned
So I debated grabbing Cunningham as a Stacy handcuff earlier, but then didn't. Now Stacy got himself hurt and I have to decide if I should burn my top wavier spot I've been saving on him or not. We start 2 RBs and a Flex, though I have other Flex options as well (Gordon or Hilton). My RBs otherwise are Lacy, Brown, and Vereen. Would you burn the waiver on him?

So I debated grabbing Cunningham as a Stacy handcuff earlier, but then didn't. Now Stacy got himself hurt and I have to decide if I should burn my top wavier spot I've been saving on him or not. We start 2 RBs and a Flex, though I have other Flex options as well (Gordon or Hilton). My RBs otherwise are Lacy, Brown, and Vereen. Would you burn the waiver on him?

I plan on doing so, because I have an empty roster spot.

I'm up 40 and my opponent has kaepernick and sf defense. I'm still nervous.

Petrie

Banned
I plan on doing so, because I have an empty roster spot.

I'm up 40 and my opponent has kaepernick and sf defense. I'm still nervous.

I have the space, it's just a matter of if he's worth my top waiver spot or if I hold onto it still.

Their schedule isn't very good anyways, and I have 3 other RB options.

Petrie

Banned
A couple playoff bound teams in my league are a bit QB desperate, do you guys think it's worth the no. 1 waiver claim to take Palmer off the market as an option going forward?

I have Stafford so I don't need him, but they're rolling with guys like Keenum and such.

I'm just not sure I'll need my waiver for anything else going forward. I have Stafford, Megatron, Welker, Gordon, Hilton, Lacy, Stacy, Vereen, and Brown along with Cameron. Nothing available at TE worthwhile, and it seems like defensive moves are my best bet?

stupid fucking washington. all they needed to do was score a couple touchdowns, and make the 9ers hand the ball off. blew a 40 point lead (and a playoff clinching win) thanks to kaep and the sf d.

UberTag

Which QB do I want to pick up most - Fitzpatrick, McCown, or Flynn?
For a one-week spot start? McCown
If you need a guy long-term for a fantasy playoff run? Fitzpatrick
If you're a Rodgers owner worried about questionable availability next week? Flynn

For a one-week spot start? McCown
If you need a guy long-term for a fantasy playoff run? Fitzpatrick
If you're a Rodgers owner worried about questionable availability next week? Flynn

Went with McCown. Thanks.

One more question - Do you guys think Dennis Johnson is worth picking up? My opponent this week had Arian Foster and then picked up Ben Tate. And I have a feeling he might try for Johnson. I heard rumors Johnson may be the starter this week. Anyone else hear rumblings like that?

UberTag

One more question - Do you guys think Dennis Johnson is worth picking up? My opponent this week had Arian Foster and then picked up Ben Tate. And I have a feeling he might try for Johnson. I heard rumors Johnson may be the starter this week. Anyone else hear rumblings like that?
Tate's going to start but that doesn't mean he'll get more touches than Johnson or be a better fantasy asset.
As for picking him up, if you can grab him without sacrificing anyone of value on your team I like the play.

Looks like I'm going to win my 4th week in a row after starting out 0-8.

Lucked out picking up the PITT defense this week having Seattle on the bye. Finally got a huge performance out of MJD.
I started my big $$$ keeper league 2-6 & now I'm 7-6!!! Anything can happen..

But got a dilemma this week in D. With all these suspensions to Seattle D, i'm hesitating using them instead of Saints D. Who should I use?

Top Bottom