• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

moozoom

I lost my Fantasy Life cartridge during a weekend in the UK two weeks ago...
...and my heart was crushed since then. (This is my GOTY)

...but I got my character back !!

ic1LtHB.jpg

A friend bought the digital version of the game and gave me his cartridge last night, but I wasn't very enthusiastic about creating a new character and levelling all the jobs again.
...until I booted the game and found my save game intact, waiting for me.

It seems the save was on the SD card all this time, just waiting for me. I guess it's probably because I bought the DLC, and the save was copied from the cart memory to the SD ? After telling my friend about it, he said me he didn't have to make a file transfer after downloading the digital version.

But anyway, much joy was felt as I can finally continue to procrastinate my work and level up all those jobs to god status.

Zing

Banned
It seems the save was on the SD card all this time, just waiting for me. I guess it's probably because I bought the DLC, and the save was copied from the cart memory to the SD ? After telling my friend about it, he said me he didn't have to make a file transfer after downloading the digital version.
The game saves all data to the SD even if you don't have the DLC. However, it is indirectly related to the DLC, as the original game in Japan saved to the cart, but only had one save slot. When they got the "Link" expansion, the game was upgraded to have three save slots, but then changed to save to SD.

> be me
> be paladin
> decide to take down lord of the cursed
> goes well at first, creator time kicks in, Mustang and Celestia still dropping like flies, but that's okay
> start to get rekt, drinking mega aids, elixirs and life cures like a damn alcoholic
> second creator time kicks in when he's about 1/4 health
> fuckyeah.jpg
> finish him off with first bout of lumina blade
> second bout of lumina blade finishes off his bounty crate
> tfw

Linius

> be me
> be paladin
> goes well at first, creator time kicks in, Mustang and Celestia still dropping like flies, but that's okay
> start to get rekt, drinking mega aids, elixirs and life cures like a damn alcoholic
> fuckyeah.jpg
> tfw

>
BMcIcgD.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I lost my Fantasy Life cartridge during a weekend in the UK two weeks ago...
...and my heart was crushed since then. (This is my GOTY)

...but I got my character back !!

A friend bought the digital version of the game and gave me his cartridge last night, but I wasn't very enthusiastic about creating a new character and levelling all the jobs again.
...until I booted the game and found my save game intact, waiting for me.

But anyway, much joy was felt as I can finally continue to procrastinate my work and level up all those jobs to god status.

Very happy for you :)

> be me
> be paladin
> fuckyeah.jpg
> tfw

Very unhappy for you.

Where do I obtain sugar nuts?

Sugar trees. I think you can also buy them in Al Maajik at the shady shop.

daydream

Banned
> be me
> be paladin
> fuckyeah.jpg
> tfw

Yeah, that tends to happen a lot once you become a one man army, haha.

Zing

Banned
I don't know what annoys me more. That 4chan style of writing making its way to this forum, or me actually bring familiar enough with 4chan to recognize it.

Also, Sugar Nuts sounds like my perfect nickname.

> be me
> be paladin
> fuckyeah.jpg
> tfw

Yep when I cleared all 4 combat classes mobs, that's what happened to me too, and on that same one, which is like the most annoying one. It died on the first part of my skill then the second part exploded the bounties, which is dumb as hell. But eh, just killed it again and was done with it.

Bounties should be like, a number of hits rather than health, or should require a specific keypress combination to destroy. It makes sense to be able to destroy them(in case you want to keep specific ones but need to kill a mob that drops a bounty, since there can only be 3 at the same time), but it makes no sense to be able to destroy them so easily. Monsters is kinda ok(though again health should scale, monsters one shotting them sucks), not players.

Rushed through chapter 4 so I could get through more of this game before I lose it to ORAS.

I liked it. Damien is a cool character but Magnificus is probably worst character. God, the beginning of the chapter was so annoying to deal with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I ended at around level 140 with all jobs at Creator level. Maybe I'll go back and get the rest of those levels. It's a very fun game and I'd love to see a sequel to improve on a thing or two here and there.

Rushed through chapter 4 so I could get through more of this game before I lose it to ORAS.

I liked it. Damien is a cool character but Magnificus is probably worst character. God, the beginning of the chapter was so annoying to deal with.
Yeah, hate that guy.

Pretty much the only character I've encountered so far that I don't care for at all. (I guess Nox too, but he's not so bad eventually.)

darkosfenix

Neo Member
i bought the DLC last week, but I did almost nothing because I want to be legendary in every Life first, but I still don't know, how do I get Lunares coins?
And does anyone know which of the taylor's crafts I van buy the all the itens and that gives a good amount of points to levem up sewing level? To tired to farm light and dark mana

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i bought the DLC last week, but I did almost nothing because I want to be legendary in every Life first, but I still don't know, how do I get Lunares coins?
And does anyone know which of the taylor's crafts I van buy the all the itens and that gives a good amount of points to levem up sewing level? To tired to farm light and dark mana

You can buy light and dark mana if you have the dlc. It's in the shop at the observatory. You might need to beat the DLC's story first, which takes about an hour.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

There is a butterfly request that tells you to talk to Pam. You have to complete that request (and the subsequent ones) to be able to start earning them.

When you finish all the butterfly requests you'll be able to buy the light and shadow mana, but if you don't want to do that, you could try making multiple big bunny plushies. You get the recipe from Bobbin in the Al Maajik workshop if you don't have it. I think you need pink silk and pink silk thread, both of which you can get from Cacto Cove. Angelic puffs too. It may require you to have the bliss rewards for shopping maxed out though.

> be me
> be paladin
> fuckyeah.jpg
> tfw

I did that a few times on different bosses with the Mercenary's Big Bang instead.

Now I never finish off bosses with it unless I don't need the bounty.

darkosfenix

Neo Member
There is a butterfly request that tells you to talk to Pam. You have to complete that request (and the subsequent ones) to be able to start earning them.

When you finish all the butterfly requests you'll be able to buy the light and shadow mana, but if you don't want to do that, you could try making multiple big bunny plushies. You get the recipe from Bobbin in the Al Maajik workshop if you don't have it. I think you need pink silk and pink silk thread, both of which you can get from Cacto Cove. Angelic puffs too. It may require you to have the bliss rewards for shopping maxed out though.

Thank you

FYI, just realized today is the last day to fill out the Club Nintendo survey for 50 coins for the digital version of this game.

(Also note, it took me about three tries of submitting it. Kept getting errors. I think the site has extra traffic today.)

darkosfenix

Neo Member

Thank you

I just got one yesterday for a grand total of 2. I feel like most people don't go out of their way to set it up.
The set up process is too out of the way. Needs to be integrated better in FL2.

(A lot of interface things need an overhaul in the next game. Especially the god awful chat functionality.)

Kinvara

I've spent a little over 100 hours in this game.

But no one else I know in real life has played it. *sigh*

I have some friends who are interested in it tho. I want to play with them so I'm holding off on getting the DLC for now.

Pro Tip: Wear the crown the comes with the Princely armor set (obtained via password) while crafting to gain crafting levels much faster. (Edit: Apparently this only affects your character level, and not the skill level. :/)
Just a heads up, apparently the Crafting Exp+ affect of the Princely Crown only affects your character level, not the level of the individual crafting skills. :/

Just a heads up, apparently the Crafting Exp+ affect of the Princely Crown only affects your character level, not the level of the individual crafting skills. :/

Yeah, I thought so. :x

I think the password equips that give skill exp+ do help in raising the crafting skills though. But I think they are female only >_>

Yeah, I thought so. :x

I think the password equips that give skill exp+ do help in raising the crafting skills though. But I think they are female only >_>
Yeah... :/

The gender restrictions on clothes are silly. What if I want to wear a dress!? I hope they aren't there in FL2.

bobawesome

The only cure is
more Fantasy Life.

You were right, that did the trick!

Decided to go for the Hero set for Hunter and I'm pretty disappointed with the way it looks. Mercenary's is still my favorite, by far.

And in other news, I really feel like I've hit a dead end since beating the game the other night... Really need to save up some dosh and get the expansion.

You were right, that did the trick!

Decided to go for the Hero set for Hunter and I'm pretty disappointed with the way it looks. Mercenary's is still my favorite, by far.

And in other news, I really feel like I've hit a dead end since beating the game the other night... Really need to save up some dosh and get the expansion.
Yeah, the DLC is great. It adds so much value.

Ventara

I haven't had a lot of time to play this game, but I still squeeze in time here and there, and just recently got all my Lives to Hero rank and started the final chapter. I'm Lv 62 and have sunk 102 hours into the game. This is probably my favourite 3DS game.

adroit

Um, I accepted the carpenter's special challenge (the first one I've accepted) and the new monsters on the mountain are beyond insane. Is my only option to plink away at them with a ranged weapon beyond their reach? Is there a trick to defeating these things? I killed a number of the chests by burning through life cures (because I went up there as a mercenary having no clue what I was facing). But when I got to the moose thing I got fed up and warped back to my room to consider my options.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Um, I accepted the carpenter's special challenge (the first one I've accepted) and the new monsters on the mountain are beyond insane. Is my only option to plink away at them with a ranged weapon beyond their reach? Is there a trick to defeating these things? I killed a number of the chests by burning through life cures (because I went up there as a mercenary having no clue what I was facing). But when I got to the moose thing I got fed up and warped back to my room to consider my options.

Bring strong friendship maxed allies. Rejigger your stats to pure combat. Be cheap. Don't get hit.

Ventara

Just finished the storyline. The credits song was nice. And wow, we get to recruit
King Erik
? Nice. But the manor you get to move into is a bit disappointing. It's a regular sized room. I was hoping for something bigger where we can display a lot of stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best house in Castele is Pam's attic for many reasons. It's the most convenient warp location for two very important parts of the post game world.

Ventara

The best house in Castele is Pam's attic for many reasons. It's the most convenient warp location for two very important parts of the post game world.

Is it? I feel that the Castele Guild serves as a good enough warp point, being so close and all. I think I prefer the Log Cabin, since it's close to the horse barracks. Though I can't believe I have to pay Pam another 12K just to move back in. What a ripoff!

Kinvara

I love the log cabin too.

The manor is a bit bigger but the log cabin just looks really nice.

I like how you're right by a river.

Top Bottom