• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Just took on the Golden Dragon in the Ancient Ruins TOTALLY unprepared. Didn't have nearly the right items, and my party was not the best suited for the fight, but I still managed to scrape out a win. It was really exciting. :D

Just took on the Golden Dragon in the Ancient Ruins TOTALLY unprepared. Didn't have nearly the right items, and my party was not the best suited for the fight, but I still managed to scrape out a win. It was really exciting. :D

Congrats! I love when that happens, except when I went unprepared against the Lord of the Cursed. Oh boy, that feeling when 50 Life Cures isn't enough..

But, if we're talking about insane preparations...

lucy2.png

Ta-da! Napdragon solo'd at Level 2.

And still at it. Almost 75 hours in and working on getting my blacksmith and carpenter to creator. Then I think I will be ready to take on the tower.

La Poisse

Neo Member
I've kind of hit a brick wall after over 100 hours of gameplay. I'm Hero or Demi-Creator in all of my jobs, level 71, but it seems that getting any further would demand HEAVY grinding.
Origin Island is just insanely difficult. I guess I should start getting party members.

bobawesome

What's the best armor in the base game in terms of defense that doesn't include Hero or password sets? Is it the
holy set
?

adroit

What's the best armor in the base game in terms of defense that doesn't include Hero or password sets? Is it the
holy set
?
I'm no expert on the subject but I think you're right (checking through my crafts and excluding the Origin Island stuff). The problem is not all Lives can wear it. So it depends upon your needs.

bobawesome

I'm no expert on the subject but I think you're right (checking through my crafts and excluding the Origin Island stuff). The problem is not all Lives can wear it. So it depends upon your needs.

Thanks for checking! True, not all can wear it but I'm usually rocking the Mercenary or Miner Life when I'm just wandering about so that's good enough for me.

I can't do the Tornado Shot.
You're talking about the upgraded version of the AAAAA Mercenary combo, right?

The key is on the last A, wait a beat after when you'd usually press. Your character should basically finish the spin completely that accompanies the forth part of the combo. Once you get the timing down, it's really easy.

The key is on the last A, wait a beat after when you'd usually press. Your character should basically finish the spin completely that accompanies the forth part of the combo. Once you get the timing down, it's really easy.
I mostly have issues with the timing. I can get the 4 A combo down easily.
I am waiting for Silverfang to respawn in my game.
He is the last Merc challenge for the area.

I mostly have issues with the timing. I can get the 4 A combo down easily.
I am waiting for Silverwing to respawn in my game.
He is the last Merc challenge for the area.

Sleep in the inn/your house until the next day?

It's the Silverfang, the ice dino, at the top of Mt. Snowpeak right?

Yeah.
I could spam sleeping at the inn, but according to guides he has a 3 day spawn timer.

Huh, I don't remember any bosses that take more than 1 day to respawn. Which guide is this?

Anyway, the guide is wrong, because I just checked and it takes 1 day to respawn it.

You can get to Snowpeak's summit easily by taking a flight from Falcon's Garage in South Castele to Snowpeak, then speak to the Guide Paladin before the mountain entrance to warp to the summit.

Thanks for the tips. I will try sleeping in an inn.
I mostly waited around collecting materials, but he never spawned even after a day.
The game is addictive!

Velcro Fly

Five day weekend and Thanksgiving dinner has already been eaten so very few interruptions to my gaming time this weekend.

Hoping to progress more in this game. 38 or so hours in right now but nowhere near finished.

Have Pokemon, Persona Q, and probably a Wii U and those games to pull me away.

Oxx

I think so.

It's for one of the quests.

I have to kill ten enemies using it.

And it's hard enough finding enemies of an appropriate strength.

La Poisse

Neo Member
I think so.

It's for one of the quests.

I have to kill ten enemies using it.

And it's hard enough finding enemies of an appropriate strength.

Just make sure that the last press is AFTER your character is done spinning.
Also, start your combo away from the enemies. Only the last hit has to touch them and kill them for it to register in the quest.

Sagitario

So I got the horse and it's pretty useless because it doesn't go past the Grassy Plains (and there should be a whistle to call it, Epona style); traveling to Mt. Snowpeak is a shore :\
Or am I missing warp points beside the houses in Port Puerto and Al Maajik?

So I got the horse and it's pretty useless because it doesn't go past the Grassy Plains (and there should be a whistle to call it, Epona style); traveling to Mt. Snowpeak is a shore :\

I believe after you get the other mounts bliss rewards, you can take your horse out farther.

But, you can also fly via the small plane to Mt. Snowpeak and other dungeons in that region too.

Ventara

You can talk to the paladin standing guard at the entrance of Mount Snowpeak on the Grassy Plains and he'll warp you straight to the top of Mount Snowpeak.

La Poisse

Neo Member

Use the plane service to get to West Grassy Plains, Mt. Snowpeak, etc. Every city has a plane service that takes you directly to the major areas or dungeons.

Oxx

I managed to get the Tornado Shot working. Thanks for the advice.

Mercenary God-in-training and Godliness quickly followed.

Velcro Fly

Got 9 streetpasses now that Fantasy Life isn't in the first slot on streetpass management. This was in two passes at the relay today. Four more days of this might be overkill...

fates

What's the highest 1H sword available without DLC? JP Wikis list something like "Star Sword Art(something).

2H Sword is the Moonblade without DLC, right?

Ventara

What's the highest 1H sword available without DLC? JP Wikis list something like "Star Sword Art(something).

2H Sword is the Moonblade without DLC, right?

I think it's the Joyeuse. I haven't crafted it myself, but got it from the Crowned Champion after finishing the story. And I think the strongest 2H sword is the Crescent Blade. Btw, these are names from my NA copy, so names might be different.

adroit

What is the best cloth/armor for wizard? I have the DLC, my lvl is 91
Once you reach Creator (God in Europe, apparently) in all twelve Life classes,
Divinus will bestow upon you the ability to wear any class of clothing. So your wizard will be able to wear armor.

But I've been rockin' this outfit with satisfactory results:

Rainbow Hood
Rainbow Robe
Shadow Gauntlets
Shadow Boots

There are better hoods and robes than this but I can't make them yet because I haven't gotten very far in the tower (mainly due to lack of serious effort). So I'm missing some ingredients.

Kater

Banned
Why did they give me a load of female-only armour at the top of the Origin Island tower? :(
To tempt you into making a female avatar instead of a male one. 😉

It's a shame that male avatars cannot wear things that are deemed female-only by the devs. I wish the game wouldn't restrict me from putting Valkyrie armor on my guy avatar.

Linius

Hmm, got my third streetpass. Incredible.

Also got Alpha Sapphire today. That is pretty much goodbye for FL. But after 91 hours I have no regrets. Top 3 surely.

olimpia84

So is there supposed to be a house you can buy in Port Puerto? I've read that there is supposed to be one in there but I just finished Chapter 3, looked everywhere and can't find it. Even went back to talk to Pam and she didn't say anything...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So is there supposed to be a house you can buy in Port Puerto? I've read that there is supposed to be one in there but I just finished Chapter 3, looked everywhere and can't find it. Even went back to talk to Pam and she didn't say anything...

It's in the area with the guild office. On the right side of that area. There should be a butterfly request related to that.

Linius

Does it? I know the ones in Port Puerto and Al Maajik do, but I don't recall the story showing me the next homes. I had to talk to the seller myself.

Now you say so, I think you're right yeah. The houses are just there. At the least the villages are very small so it's hard to miss them if you talk to NPC's.

Linius

It hardly seems worth going back and buying the homes I missed. But I might as well. Got money.

It's worth it man. Let's say you need some mats for smithing from Levitania, way easier to go there if you got a house. The Elderwood one is probably the least interesting one. They don't even have a bounty lady there.

And money isn't really an object anymore later in the game :p

Ventara

It's worth it man. Let's say you need some mats for smithing from Levitania, way easier to go there if you got a house. The Elderwood one is probably the least interesting one. They don't even have a bounty lady

Yeah, what the deal with that? It sucks getting a bounty in the Elderwood and having to travel all the way to Castele to turn it in.

A bounty clerk and a guild master should've been in every town.

Top Bottom