• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

Yeah, what the deal with that? It sucks getting a bounty in the Elderwood and having to travel all the way to Castele to turn it in.

A bounty clerk and a guild master should've been in every town.

Yeah, it's quite the pain. Need to get all the way to the travel clerk at the beginning of the east grassy plains.

JoeFu

Banned
I finished the main story just now. I really liked the story. Was really simple, but heartwarming. Finished with 3 classes as hero and about 31 hours in the game. Really enjoyed it. Now time for post game content!

Just read up on DLC. Probably gonna buy that even though I'm only level 45 atm. The DLC stuff unlocks at 50 ?

I finished the main story just now. I really liked the story. Was really simple, but heartwarming. Finished with 3 classes as hero and about 31 hours in the game. Really enjoyed it. Now time for post game content!

Just read up on DLC. Probably gonna buy that even though I'm only level 45 atm. The DLC stuff unlocks at 50 ?
From the OP...

When you download the DLC
Things you get at the start:
-Extra character customization
-Friendship system (allows NPCs to become friends with you and fighting better)
-Pet Birds and Dragons
-2 new houses

Things unlocked after the main story:
-A new area Origin Island with it's own story
-New materials, equipment and recipes
-God rank
-New home and furniture
-Lunares coins and the items you get from them
-Level cap increased from 99 to 200
-Level cap for the skills increased from 15 to 20
-Stats cap increased from 50 to 100
You need to be level 50 and have befriended both
Yuelia and Noelia
to gain access to the post game DLC content. The stuff on the first list you'll have access to immediately.

Yeah, what the deal with that? It sucks getting a bounty in the Elderwood and having to travel all the way to Castele to turn it in.

A bounty clerk and a guild master should've been in every town.

It's extra annoying because the
Levitania
clerk says bounty clerks are everywhere... but not in Elderwood WTF.

darkosfenix

Neo Member
Once you reach Creator (God in Europe, apparently) in all twelve Life classes,
Divinus will bestow upon you the ability to wear any class of clothing. So your wizard will be able to wear armor.

But I've been rockin' this outfit with satisfactory results:

Rainbow Hood
Rainbow Robe
Shadow Gauntlets
Shadow Boots

There are better hoods and robes than this but I can't make them yet because I haven't gotten very far in the tower (mainly due to lack of serious effort). So I'm missing some ingredients.

Thanks, I'll try this one.
I was willing to get every class in creator, but cooker is a pain :(

Linius

Whoa. I don't think I had even been down there.

When I needed eart mana+ I was searching like crazy for that tree. I thought it was at the location of that bird, a litle more to the right of the actual location. Crossing those bridges.

Reminds me of the fact that I gathered all the mats I needed to rank up blacksmith and carpenter to God. Never got to it though.

Kinvara

I need dragon scales in order to be able to finish up the blacksmith challenges but I'm having very little luck getting them.

adroit

I need dragon scales in order to be able to finish up the blacksmith challenges but I'm having very little luck getting them.
Yep, I remember that. Mowing down the Ferociousaurus (just to unblock the path) and Silver Dragon over and over. Made a lot of dosh at least.

adroit

Napdragon is best for dragon scales as its super easy and quite near a transport back to th guild office.
Oh, duh, for some reason I didn't even think of the nap dragon. Derpity doo dah day. Oh well. Good advice.

Update after trying it out for myself: Dang, the nap dragon is by far the best choice. You can ride your horse to and from the field of battle. And if you are lucky you can get two dragon scales (drop and bounty). I feel like such an idiot for grinding the silver dragon.

Ventara

Speaking of resetting, is there a faster way than quitting the game completely and starting it up again? Like a quit to menu option?

Hi everyone! I have a question for you users of this game: is it good?

I was planning on buy something a bit léger as I am tired of long RPGs that take HOURS to play and platformers that tend to stretch their course a bit. Since this is a Life Sim+RPG experience, do you think it's good to play in small sessions? At least, that's how I played AC:New Leaf.

Reading thorugh your comments, it seems it's a game with lots of depths but not that overwhelming. I like the sound of that~

And thanks in advance! Let's see if I become, too, a Fantasy... Lifer.

It's nice to play in small bits, though if you want to do everything it takes a ridiculous amount of time, probably more than any standard rpg. There's no real hurry to do so however and you can progress just fine with only a few lives instead of ALL OF THEM like some people(myself included) do.

Linius

Just don't go in with the idea that you're going to play a life sim. That's maybe 20% of the gameplay. If it's even that. It's much more an RPG. Just not a difficult one for the most part, if you properly level up your character and gear. So that makes it perfect to play in small amounts too, you don't have to get into deep and complicated combat systems etc.

Now I'm a God merc and a God blacksmith. Good combo.
what happens when you switch from one life to the next? What do you lose and what do you keep? Do you just keep the skills? Can I still wear merc armor? I'm only a master mercenary right now, but really want to mess with a trade skill life. I haven't finished the story-line yet. Can I switch back to being a mercenary and continue where i left off or do i need to even worry about that?

EDIT:
Nevermind. I think the OP answered my questions. I didn't realize you could switch back and forth without any consequence.

Kinvara

Napdragon is best for dragon scales as its super easy and quite near a transport back to th guild office.

Yep. That's what I did.

So now I've achieved Legendary rank in Paladin, Mercenary, Hunter, Angler, Blacksmith and Carpenter.

But some of the challenges for the other Lifes seem unnecessarily tedious. :/

Oxx

It would be easier to move on from this game if I had decided what to play next. I'm tempted by Persona Q; I only finished Pokemon Y in the summer so I don't want to over-poke.

Ventara

quick question for someone who just started this, is the DLC necessary? what does it add? How much is it?

It's not necessary, but if you enjoy the game, I'd say it's totally worth it and adds a good enough amount for the $9 price tag. Here's what it includes, taken from the OP:

When you download the DLC
Things you get at the start:
-Extra character customization
-Friendship system (allows NPCs to become friends with you and fighting better)
-Pet Birds and Dragons
-2 new houses

Things unlocked after the main story:
-A new area Origin Island with it's own story
-New materials, equipment and recipes
-God rank
-New home and furniture
-Lunares coins and the items you get from them
-Level cap increased from 99 to 200
-Level cap for the skills increased from 15 to 20
-Stats cap increased from 50 to 100

So I think I'm clever by StreetPassing myself 10 Wicked Bird Feathers to get 10-20 feathers and thus Lunares Gold Coins per day.

Turns out it might be possible to StreetPass 99 Poseiden Swordfish instead.

Now I feel dumb.

Oxx

I don't know why I'm messing aroun tailoring. It's not producing anything I need or giving me much exp. I just need a break from killing things.

Linius

So I think I'm clever by StreetPassing myself 10 Wicked Bird Feathers to get 10-20 feathers and thus Lunares Gold Coins per day.

Turns out it might be possible to StreetPass 99 Poseiden Swordfish instead.

Now I feel dumb.

I never thought about streetpass that way. I don't have anyone near me with this game though so I can't do it anyways. But with this method you can aslo get dragon scales and such very easy.

I never thought about streetpass that way. I don't have anyone near me with this game though so I can't do it anyways. But with this method you can aslo get dragon scales and such very easy.

Yeah, you can. I already duplicated rare stuff like Ancient Stone+, Rainbow Mana+, Attack Upgrade Stone+, before it dawned on me you can do the same with the items needed for the God requests.

Now I have 99 Poseidon Swordfish from a group member who thought of the trick before me XD

Hopefully this makes up for all the dud items I got by getting the coins the slow way...

Linius

Yeah, you can. I already duplicated rare stuff like Ancient Stone+, Rainbow Mana+, Attack Upgrade Stone+, before it dawned on me you can do the same with the items needed for the God requests.

Now I have 99 Poseidon Swordfish from a group member who thought of the trick before me XD

Hopefully this makes up for all the dud items I got by getting the coins the slow way...

Any chance I can ask you for items when I might need some in the future for my smithing/carpenting etc. jobs? That sure makes things more doable, instead of grinding the hell out of this game :p

Any chance I can ask you for items when I might need some in the future for my smithing/carpenting etc. jobs? That sure makes things more doable, instead of grinding the hell out of this game :p

Sure, just hit me up. We're both European players right? Should make arranging trades easier.

I still need to dupe a couple of more rare items, like Protection Stone+s, Prism Jewels, Crystal Scales (I only have 1-2 of each; the Crystal Scale is particularly annoying because it's a rare/uncommon drop from the final trial boss).

Linius

Yeah, I'm in Europe, same timezone. The coming weeks I'll be using my spare time to play some Pokémon. But I think I'll get back to Fantasy Life once I have some time off school around the Christmas holidays and stuff. Definitely want to finish getting to God for carpenting and smithing.

Kinvara

Yeah. Got me lots of stardust linen. At Hero rank now. Still churning through other recipes/stars.

I'm at Hero rank with Tailor.

The issue I have right now though is the challenge, "Make 10 clothing items using the Hero recipes your master taught you."

But, as far as I know, the only hero clothing recipes are Light hood/robe and Umbral hood/robe.

*sighs*

adroit

But, as far as I know, the only hero clothing recipes are Light hood/robe and Umbral hood/robe.
I'm probably completely missing the point (typical for me) but you can make the same item multiple times to complete that challenge. And you get a lot of dosh for selling them.

Kinvara

I'm probably completely missing the point (typical for me) but you can make the same item multiple times to complete that challenge. And you get a lot of dosh for selling them.

I guess.

But, I have to go and farm a bunch of light and shadow mana just to make clothes I don't need. Meh.

Top Bottom