• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC/PSN/XBLA) - May 1st 2013 (Michael Biehn included?)

So how did it look? Were there any dragons yet?!

I saw the youtube thumbnail and thought just how crazy this was (looks like it was the tutorial), didn't click it immediately. So it was down a couple of minutes after I found it. So I never actually saw the vid.

Regardin leaks, yeah, Crysis 2 leaked a month before release, although I think it was a beta, some missing stuff etc.

duckroll

Link's still up, but I don't know whether I'm allowed to post it. Don't want to be banned y'all

If it's definitely from an illegal copy of the game and Ubisoft is trying to take it down, then it's not a good idea to give it more attention I suppose. We should probably just be a bit more patient. I wish they would just sort this shit out and announce the game properly instead of having it leak like this. :/

Andrew.

Banned
I dont feel like flipping back, can someone just point me in the direction of where I can hear Powergloves soundtrack?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
For anyone who hasn't seen it: It's exactly what it sounds like. Cheesy 80's SciFi story, FarCry 3 engine with flashy weapons, satire, and more cheese. Looks fun.

Gbraga

I'll just put Far Cry 3 way up in my backlog, I'll try to play it after Bioshock Infinite and Ni no Kuni, I hope I can manage to get to it before may.

Tomat

I'll just put Far Cry 3 way up in my backlog, I'll try to play it after Bioshock Infinite and Ni no Kuni, I hope I can manage to get to it before may.

You can play Blood Dragon without FarCry 3 if you're not interested in playing FC3 right now.

Totally lame that this got leaked out. Bah.

I'd like to know how it happened, and whether we're talking full game leak or some sort of old beta code.

I just started FC3 last week...wat?

This is an interesting direction for an expansion. I'm surprised ubi hasn't done more of this given how good their map editor is.

bryanee

The music is brilliant. The Biehn is brilliant.

Arrgh just inject it into my veins.

edit -

Do XBLA games leak often?

Tomat

I've been interested in playing it for some time actually, ever since I watched the Sly Kill videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/Lapslappin/videos), my backlog is just damn huge.
It's a fun shooter, you might get hooked on it for a little while like I did despite your backlog (I had a big one at the time, and still do).

Word of advice: Try not to burn yourself out on the side missions (Hunts, supply runs, etc). I did all the side missions in the first half of the game and had to take a break after that.

Andrew.

Banned
Is this only gonna cost 15 bucks? Because I have a feeling it is going to sell a metric fuckton between the 25 and up crowd. I need this game now.

Andrew.

Banned
The shotgun is called the Galleria 1991.

The mall where Arnold fights T 1000 for the first time and fucks him up with his shotgun. T2 came out in 1991.

Game of the Forever confirmed, as well as hyperbole.

The shotgun is called the Galleria 1991.

The mall where Arnold fights T 1000 for the first time and fucks him up with his shotgun. T2 came out in 1991.

Game of the Forever confirmed, as well as hyperbole.

Gameplay doesn't look any better than I hoped, but fuck if this thing doesn't have it's heart in the right place. Music is incredible, heal animations are hilarious.

Andrew.

Banned
Gameplay doesn't look any better than I hoped, but fuck if this thing doesn't have it's heart in the right place. Music is incredible, heal animations are hilarious.

Yeah, but heart counts so much. Its like Ubisoft made the guys do what they wanted for DLC/extensions because FC3 did so well. It's like a bonus where everyone, (including consumers our age who its geared towards) comes out happy and with the addition of mentalities like "Who gives a shit? We're gonna do the ultimate 80's-90's cheese action game with Brad Fiedel music."

I really did not care for Far Cry 3, which I, against my better judgement, 100 percented, doing all the side content and collecting everything, but, by God, this sounds amazing.

Gbraga

It's a fun shooter, you might get hooked on it for a little while like I did despite your backlog (I had a big one at the time, and still do).

Word of advice: Try not to burn yourself out on the side missions (Hunts, supply runs, etc). I did all the side missions in the first half of the game and had to take a break after that.

Nice tip, I'll keep that in mind. I do read a lot of people saying how the second half is boring compared to the first, if I save a bunch of side stuff for the second half it might get a lot more fun.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that tutorial, lmao. game looks decent enough. love the colors, lighting, and SPARKS. pc version? hope the xbla one looks as nice

"Tired of tutorials? Upgrade now to Kobayashi Tutorial Premium and let us play the game for you!" XD

The reload animations are amazing, good thing I gif'ed them already so I can post when later when I'm allowed.

Top Bottom