• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Screen tearing has been explained and demonstrated to me multiple times, yet I still dont quite know what it is or how to spot it. Video looked absolutely fine to me.

0820e580_vbattach106180.jpeg

ibnMBPeBU2qxYA.gif

dat crocodile death roll.

I love little details like this.

Anyone know if there's an option to lower the blood/gore? Not a huge deal but this game is brutal. I dunno what's happening, I used to eat this stuff up but now up close gouging eyes out type of gore doesn't get me hard anymore and has become a turn-off if anything. This is why I didn't get Dishonored. Of course I'd never miss FC3 but it's just something I wanted to say.

nashb81

Neo Member
I'm actually hoping the MP is decent. Need a good online shooter fix since I really didn't like BLOPS 2.

Single player looks incredible BTW. Love the fact that Ubisoft have gone back to the island setting, and have ditched the gameplay elements that made FC2 a complete chore.

I hate that this is coming out the weekend before my finals. At least by then DF would have their console verdict, but that is going to be a long wait!

Nome

Anyone know if there's an option to lower the blood/gore? Not a huge deal but this game is brutal. I dunno what's happening, I used to eat this stuff up but now up close gouging eyes out type of gore doesn't get me hard anymore and has become a turn-off if anything. This is why I didn't get Dishonored. Of course I'd never miss FC3 but it's just something I wanted to say.
Best way to play Dishonored was nonlethal though ;)

-BLITZ-

Best way to play Dishonored was nonlethal though ;)

Wasn't there an option for their wounds and blood to not be seen on bodies. I remember this clearly when I messed up the options and I couldn't see the effects/particles anymore. Also, even by disabling these features, there are enough textures with blood effects on them so you can't really escape from this.

Kinda feel like going on media blackout for this game now. All the awesome secrets are being revealed before the game drops. I want to go explore and find this stuff and be amazed.

Truant

Regarding max settings and bad performance, doesn't max also enable some ridiculous SSAO? Just turn that shit down a bit and I'm sure it will run smooth.

Feindflug

That was horrible, the game sounds great and all but if this is an indication of how the game runs on the consoles I'll pass, Far Cry 2 on 360 was definitely a worse looking game but at least it run very good.

I don't get why they didn't drop the resolution to get a steady 30fps on the consoles, what's the point in keeping the resolution high or keep that stupid SSAO for example if the performance is shit? sometimes I just don't get how developers think. :/

NBtoaster

Regarding max settings and bad performance, doesn't max also enable some ridiculous SSAO? Just turn that shit down a bit and I'm sure it will run smooth.

The super thick SSAO is the lowest tier setting for AO, there's more demanding and better looking ones available.

Truant

The super thick SSAO is the lowest tier setting for AO, there's more demanding and better looking ones available.

Yes, exactly. The good stuff is very demandig. I can live with the console-ish settings for AO, as long as I get 60fps and sharp IQ.

thuway

Yes, exactly. The good stuff is very demandig. I can live with the console-ish settings for AO, as long as I get 60fps and sharp IQ.

Still not a deal breaker. This game is probably the most impressive game on PC (until Crysis 3 comes that is).

Yopis

I'm actually hoping the MP is decent. Need a good online shooter fix since I really didn't like BLOPS 2.

Single player looks incredible BTW. Love the fact that Ubisoft have gone back to the island setting, and have ditched the gameplay elements that made FC2 a complete chore.

Sad about weapons not degrading but everything else I agree with ya.

Megasoum

Banned
WINGSUIT!!

WOW that is fucking awesome.

I love how he casually replace his broken bone Leathal Weapon style after landing hahaha.

And yeah, dunno when you get the wingsuit but must be somewhat late in the game because so far I've only seen it in videos from people who finished the game. The super long gamespot video the guy was already a couple of hours in and didn't even knew there was a parachute ingame.

Top Bottom