• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 Gameplay E3 2014

Enosh

Terrific.

Mo-cap and voice acting were terrific. Came in expecting some typical Vaas 2.0 bullshit reveal and was pleasantly surprised. New villain/bff/boyfriend/ex/ex-bff is pretty spot on, I especially loved the voice acting.
the first thing about the game said that the protagonist goes there as the last wish of his mother
so the villain probably had some connection to her, hence the "I know those eyes" thing

Hope there is gameplay tonight at Sony.
Hey, we had a really unique, incredibly talented actor who we used to make a strong villain character with in Far Cry 3.

What about 4? Let's just get Troy Baker.
I would also describe Troy as incredibly talented, and likely to make a strong villain character.

Shin

Banned
Are my eyes deceiving me or did they alter his looks/skin color (compared to the poster)?

I'm actually quite intrigued after watching the trailer. I wanna know more about what's happening, and why the MC gets "special" treatment from the villain. But yeah, after Watch_Dogs I will be very cautious about praising Ubi's games visuals. That looked good, but let's see if they can deliver.

SandTorso

Maybe I missed it, but where was the gameplay in this gameplay trailer? I don't think I saw a single required input from a player in it.

It looks good visually, but really, calling something gameplay when it was just a cutscene seems stupid to me.

That was great. I'm looking forward to this villain. Maybe Ubi will do him justice unlike with Vaas.

But disappointed at playing another young white guy.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Are my eyes deceiving me or did they alter his looks/skin color (compared to the poster)?

Concept art of characters often looks different from the in-game versions. No reason to posit that they deliberately changed his model in the wake of controversy or whatever. (I mean it's possible, but the mere difference isn't evidence of it.)

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that Far Cry 4 more closely resembles 3 than 2, but it's kind of disappointing to see the developers confuse a merely charismatic and mad villain for a complex one, and shape the new game's antagonist to be much more like Vaas than the Jackal.

AU Tiger

I thought we were explicitly told that the protagonist would not be a generic white bro in this game?

:(

Mainstream gonna mainstream

hbkdx12

The best thing about that trailer was the very end with the mammoth and sabretooth?

it was like Firefox on roids or something.

Everything else was meh.

Hate how the guy basically seems like Vaas 2.0.

Especially considering they didn't do Vaas justice last go round

Has someone seen the gameplay they put up for a few minutes and then removed from their YouTube channel? Frankly was quite awesome. Great locations, and looks like well'be weaing a wingsuit all the time, so no need for the hang glider anymore. Veeery cool.

Has someone seen the gameplay they put up for a few minutes and then removed from their YouTube channel? Frankly was quite awesome. Great locations, and looks like well'be weaing a wingsuit all the time, so no need for the hang glider anymore. Veeery cool.
Damn no, I missed that. But maybe it's for Sony's conference.

Top Bottom