• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 PC performance thread

GrazGamer

nice! i have mine set to 4 right now. ill try that. do you have Vsync or triple buffering on?

Im using adaptive Vsync from the NCP and triple buffering in-game

I personally would use one or the other, triple buffering stops the jarring drops to 30fps whilst maintaining vsync but will have more stutter, adaptive will just tear below 60 or 30 depending upon your vsync setting.

I always go for triple buffering though. I hate tearing.

Buburibon

Let's hope there will even be a patch today.

I'm personally waiting for "HairWorks" to be patched in before I begin my first playthrough, and I've heard it's coming with the 1.40 patch. I'm just hoping my 980 will be able to handle it without too many compromises in order to keep a steady 60fps at 1080p. We'll see.

rBose

Banned
Update: November 21st, 3:30PM Due to unforeseen circumstances this patch may be pushed to sometime early next week. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update you if we have a new ETA.

Posted to steam a few moments ago

garath

Update: November 21st, 3:30PM Due to unforeseen circumstances this patch may be pushed to sometime early next week. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will update you if we have a new ETA.

That's too bad.

Damian.

Banned
Hopefully a hotfix to remedy the stuttering that is plaguing most users.

Ubisoft, you can't pretend problems don't exist and push out a game anyway. Wait, you're Ubisoft...I guess you can!

Elhandro

This micro studder....is everyone seeing it or does it onyl affect sli users?

and thank you everyone who helped me decide what version to pick.....Im sticking w/ the PC for now. Ill just have to play w/ out an COOP friends for now

Damian.

Banned
This micro studder....is everyone seeing it or does it onyl affect sli users?

and thank you everyone who helped me decide what version to pick.....Im sticking w/ the PC for now. Ill just have to play w/ out an COOP friends for now

It's happening out of the box for almost everyone but can be remedied to an extent for most people. Unfortunately once the stutter is fixed you have world streaming issues just like Watch Dogs with higher settings, which needs to be the top priority after fixing black screen issues and lack of raw input. I really hope this is the reason as to why the patch was delayed. The game is virtually unplayable unless you move around the world slowly. Driving is pretty much fucked if you want the game to look pretty.

ELCID777

Neo Member

Fucking hell man.....make up your minds already. First you put out a broken patch which was quickly retracted earlier this week, then you state it's coming on Friday for sure, then you change it to "possibly a few more days", now sometime early next week. The fuck, Ubisoft? If you can't give a concrete date because you're not sure, then just tell us "as soon as it's ready".

I should have known better than to believe that tweet they posted earlier. They said "or possibly in the next few days" for a reason in the post from last night.They knew this shit was coming out today.

I've been wanting to play this game with my 360 pad to avoid the horrible mouse issues this game has, but I can't because of the black screen bug associated with USB devices, so basically, this game is unplayable for me at the moment.

Between problems I've had with this game, Unity and Watch Dogs, I've decided this the last time I buy a Ubisoft game at launch. smh.

Buburibon

It's happening out of the box for almost everyone but can be remedied to an extent for most people. Unfortunately once the stutter is fixed you have world streaming issues just like Watch Dogs with higher settings, which needs to be the top priority after fixing black screen issues and lack of raw input. I really hope this is the reason as to why the patch was delayed. The game is virtually unplayable unless you move around the world slowly. Driving is pretty much fucked if you want the game to look pretty.

Oh boy... Is it using the same engine as Watch_Dogs? Far Cry 3 didn't have any stutter at all back in the day as far as I remember. At any rate, thanks for the heads up. Knowing beforehand that there will be streaming-related stutter will help me cope with it.

Damian.

Banned
It's using a different engine, but inherited the single worst trait. :/ Even with the stuttering issues in FC3, they never affected driving as far as I could tell.

rBose

Banned
It's using a different engine, but inherited the single worst trait. :/ Even with the stuttering issues in FC3, they never affected driving as far as I could tell.

The only worst trait that it inherited was that it was developed by ubisoft

laxu

It's too bad considering if it wasn't for all the visual bugs and the microstutter this game would run like a charm on my 2x GTX 770 2GB SLI setup at 2560x1440.

Kezen

Banned
It's too bad considering if it wasn't for all the visual bugs and the microstutter this game would run like a charm on my 2x GTX 770 2GB SLI setup at 2560x1440.

Your VRAM is letting you down anyway. 2GB at 1440p with max settings isn't gonna cut it.

The Cowboy

Kinda amazed at how good the game looks even on mostly medium settings, in some areas i was having some framedrops whilst on all high settings, so i set the main option to medium and just upped the 2 settings that go to low back to high, then I put on enhanced god rays - it still looks pretty dam great IMO.

Skyzard

Banned

-_-

What circumstances. More bugs?

Not crossing my fingers for road popin being solved.

I still haven't read any posts from any of you guys confirming that.
It happens in the quad bike, the road in front of you pops in. In cars you can't see it as they white-out the roads.

A million blades of grass and leaves are fine, but a tiny slither of road is too much?

laxu

Your VRAM is letting you down anyway. 2GB at 1440p with max settings isn't gonna cut it.

So far it has been completely fine actually and the only thing I've had to cut down are ultra res textures (which usually are no better than high at this res) and antialiasing (I'm fine with SMAA).

In FC4 I set everything to Ultra except AA to SMAA (and then off when I realized the ghosting bug).

Cowie

I guess I'm in the minority of people who are hoping this patch will make it so they can play the game at all, but god damn that delay sucks. No response from Ubi on the ticket I submitted Tuesday about the issues either. Sufficiently frustrated.

What't the difference between capping at 30fps on RivaTuner and using the Adaptive Half-Refresh rate on the Nvidia Control Panel?

Or is it just an AMD thing?

I've read a few people mention that they released far cry 3 in the same state and it was eventually patched into a smooth experience. how long did that take. I'm trying to hold off for a bit so that they might hopefully patch it enough to make it somewhat smooth. I just picked up a 970 and id feel like I'm wasting my money if i don't get to play the game with a decent frame rate. Even if i turn settings down i get stuttering.

It took a few months from what I remember.

jambo

I went in to the settings for FC4 and used the Batman Origin SLI bits to fix up my black crushing shadow issue.

Game runs pretty well now, 48-60 fps. Just need to fiddle with some settings to get it near solid 60.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm only really getting stuttering when driving on a 980, but it's pretty baaaaad when driving for sure.

Yeah, runs great normally but just driving or flying around at fast speeds is extremely obnoxious, and given the open nature of the game, is pretty hard to ignore.

Zarx

Fucking hell man.....make up your minds already. First you put out a broken patch which was quickly retracted earlier this week, then you state it's coming on Friday for sure, then you change it to "possibly a few more days", now sometime early next week. The fuck, Ubisoft? If you can't give a concrete date because you're not sure, then just tell us "as soon as it's ready".

I should have known better than to believe that tweet they posted earlier. They said "or possibly in the next few days" for a reason in the post from last night.They knew this shit was coming out today.

I've been wanting to play this game with my 360 pad to avoid the horrible mouse issues this game has, but I can't because of the black screen bug associated with USB devices, so basically, this game is unplayable for me at the moment.

Between problems I've had with this game, Unity and Watch Dogs, I've decided this the last time I buy a Ubisoft game at launch. smh.

Would you prefer they pushed out a patch that broke shit? While testing the patch they found a serious issue with it that they couldn't test in time so they pushed it back. If anything they should have done that with the game. Sticking to the date for the sake of hitting the date regardless of issues is why we have the mess in the first place.

Would you prefer they pushed out a patch that broke shit? While testing the patch they found a serious issue with it that they couldn't test in time so they pushed it back. If anything they should have done that with the game. Sticking to the date for the sake of hitting the date regardless of issues is why we have the mess in the first place.

Huh?

More like it's Saturday, they know the patch fixes nothing at all, and so they prefer it happens on Monday since there's more customer staff to answer the complaints.

rBose

Banned
don't know if you're serious, but i'm sure the staff worked PLENTY of OT to ship this game out in time.

doesn't excuse it, but

I've worked almost 2 years at ubisoft and I know how things work, if they wanted to ship the patch in the weekend they could have done it, happened in the past.

Watch_Dogs, AC4

Not this time I guess, what's more serious and infuriating is the fact that people paid for a product that is partially working or is not working at all and they have the guts to announce a patch this Friday and then quickly saying : "unforeseen consequences"

Unforeseen consequences ?

Evo X

Unforeseen consequences ?

G-Man works for Ubisoft. Half Life 3 confirmed.

BCB565E4D183C6A43D177DF97E373EDA18955A3F

My friend lent me his copy of the PS4 Farcry, and it was an awesome experience, ran fantastic and looked fantastic. I couldn't wait to experience it at 60 fps ultra on PC. I have pretty good PC that should be capable of handling this i5 4670k @ 4.7ghz 2x770 4GB in SLI. This just does not play smoothly on my PC, I'm getting major stuttering and it's giving me a headache.

buenoblue

I'll repeat. Gpumaxbufferedframes=1 in xml, nvidia control panel prerendered frames to 1. No monitoring software, ingame vsync = completely smooth 60fps on 780ti i5 2500k @4.5.

Anyone care to try these settings.

Addnan

This game doesn't boot on a dual core CPU? wtf, an i3 still spanks the FX line in most things. edit: so it runs on i3. I am trying to get it to run on a G3258

Top Bottom